New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview

New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview

Monday, July 9th, 2007 5:00pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 15,808

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Just last week the first issue of New Avengers/Transformers was released. Now Comic News International has posted small preview of New Avengers/Transformers #2. New Avengers/Transformers #2 is due out August 1st. View the preview here. Get all the latest news on the New Avengers/Transformers crossover in the Seibertron.com Comics Section.

Credit(s): Comic News International


This article was last modified on Monday, July 9th, 2007 5:05pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210006)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 9th, 2007 @ 5:11pm CDT
This is real good artwork!

I just think it's funny how loose roster for The Avengers is, I'm suprized BatMan isn't a member too at this point!
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210026)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 9th, 2007 @ 5:18pm CDT
I take it that the bot between Skywarp and Blitzwing is the new character that IDW's pushing with this book and a forthcoming Spotlight. Did he get introduced in #1 or will this be the first appearance? I'm not generally that enthused with crossover titles, but since Chris Ryall's said that this fits into the main IDW continuity I guess I'll be giving it a look at some point.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210037)
Posted by Hotrod on July 9th, 2007 @ 5:23pm CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:I take it that the bot between Skywarp and Blitzwing is the new character that IDW's pushing with this book and a forthcoming Spotlight. Did he get introduced in #1 or will this be the first appearance? I'm not generally that enthused with crossover titles, but since Chris Ryall's said that this fits into the main IDW continuity I guess I'll be giving it a look at some point.


He was not in #1. Any guesses as to who he is? The only problem I see with #2 right now is the cover. Prowl looks good but Wolverine looks really, really bad.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210049)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 9th, 2007 @ 5:29pm CDT
From the IDW boards I gather that he's a totally new character and will be playing an ongoing role in the IDWverse, beyond that no idea.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210067)
Posted by 1337W422102 on July 9th, 2007 @ 5:35pm CDT
Awful cover. Why is the Blob wearing Wolverine's costume?
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210070)
Posted by Hotrod on July 9th, 2007 @ 5:39pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:Awful cover. Why is the Blob wearing Wolverine's costume?


The Blob wants to feel some love?
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210074)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 9th, 2007 @ 5:42pm CDT
Hotrod wrote:The Blob wants to feel some love?


There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin. Then again 'blob' as a coloquialism is probably just a Brit thing.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210202)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 9th, 2007 @ 6:34pm CDT
Nothing in these previews is inspiring me to even think about purchasing this series. The cover art alone is a great reason to skip it.

Nice to have a new bot thrown in here and there though.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210332)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 9th, 2007 @ 7:23pm CDT
The body of the robot looks like Double Dealer... but with IDWs trade mark tinkering to make him look original. Which for the most part, they pull of. But there's something about the art I just don't like.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210351)
Posted by MYoung23 on July 9th, 2007 @ 7:33pm CDT
It's funny. I looked at the preview before reading the thread and wondered who that Decepticon was between Blitzwing and Skywarp.

Everyone else wondered the same thing I see.

The new guy looks more Cybertronian than the others like he hasnt an Earth mode yet. That's just my impression. I cant tell what his alt mode may be.

IDW loves them some Runabout and Runamuck.

I guess Im one of the few Stunticons fans.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210364)
Posted by Down_Shift on July 9th, 2007 @ 7:40pm CDT
MYoung23 wrote:IDW loves them some Runabout and Runamuck.

I guess Im one of the few Stunticons fans.


I'm confused by this statement. Do you think that the mucks are Stunticons or are you just pronouncing your love of the Stunticons :???:
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210421)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 9th, 2007 @ 8:11pm CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:
Hotrod wrote:The Blob wants to feel some love?


There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin. Then again 'blob' as a coloquialism is probably just a Brit thing.


The Blob was an M-day victim, rolls of skin, hanging off a skinny body basically.

The mysterious bot kind of looks like Dreadwind to me. :-?
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210479)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 9th, 2007 @ 8:40pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:
Hotrod wrote:The Blob wants to feel some love?


There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin. Then again 'blob' as a coloquialism is probably just a Brit thing.


The Blob was an M-day victim, rolls of skin, hanging off a skinny body basically.

The mysterious bot kind of looks like Dreadwind to me. :-?


That Blob/M-Day statement is the coolest thing I heard all day!
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210493)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 9th, 2007 @ 8:46pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:
Hotrod wrote:The Blob wants to feel some love?


There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin. Then again 'blob' as a coloquialism is probably just a Brit thing.


The Blob was an M-day victim, rolls of skin, hanging off a skinny body basically.

The mysterious bot kind of looks like Dreadwind to me. :-?


That Blob/M-Day statement is the coolest thing I heard all day!


I read it, saw a pic, in one of the recent recaps in X-Men, Endangered Species maybe..?

X-Men all just runs together for me. :???:
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210531)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 9th, 2007 @ 9:04pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:
Hotrod wrote:The Blob wants to feel some love?


There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin. Then again 'blob' as a coloquialism is probably just a Brit thing.


The Blob was an M-day victim, rolls of skin, hanging off a skinny body basically.

The mysterious bot kind of looks like Dreadwind to me. :-?


That Blob/M-Day statement is the coolest thing I heard all day!


I read it, saw a pic, in one of the recent recaps in X-Men, Endangered Species maybe..?

X-Men all just runs together for me. :???:


Dam, call me stupid, but I tough M-Day was something from a (real) war.

But on the note of Marvel, growing up, I'd only buy Marvel, now it ALL runs together for me. All their stories have the implication of consiquence, but nothing ever lasts long enough for the meaning to hit.

And once they started letting the movies dictate the art (Spider-Man back in his black suit now, hmm wonder why) I was just out.

I have very recently(like this weekend) started buying some new TF TPBs and I have to say, although they seemed rushed, they are really good. The only thing I got and realy didn't like was the Galvatron Spotlight. I don't like the change they made to him by seperating him from Megatron, and I kinda thought the tie-ins to the other stories out there right now(although maybe meaningful) took away from the rampage I was hoping for.

But otherwise, real good stuff!
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210579)
Posted by Bass X0 on July 9th, 2007 @ 9:35pm CDT
out of a cast of hundreds, there should never be any need for a completely new warrior. high council members i can understand being created for a comic but whoever this new blue guy is, i am sure an existing transformer toy could have been used instead and not seem out of place.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210586)
Posted by skeletal13 on July 9th, 2007 @ 9:39pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:
Hotrod wrote:The Blob wants to feel some love?


There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin. Then again 'blob' as a coloquialism is probably just a Brit thing.


The Blob was an M-day victim, rolls of skin, hanging off a skinny body basically.

The mysterious bot kind of looks like Dreadwind to me. :-?


That Blob/M-Day statement is the coolest thing I heard all day!


I read it, saw a pic, in one of the recent recaps in X-Men, Endangered Species maybe..?

X-Men all just runs together for me. :???:


Dam, call me stupid, but I tough M-Day was something from a (real) war.

But on the note of Marvel, growing up, I'd only buy Marvel, now it ALL runs together for me. All their stories have the implication of consiquence, but nothing ever lasts long enough for the meaning to hit.

And once they started letting the movies dictate the art (Spider-Man back in his black suit now, hmm wonder why) I was just out.



I stopped buying Marvel back around the early 90s when Chris Claremont and Jim Lee left X-Men. The books were focusing too much on the art, and less on the story. At least with DC, even if the art was crappy, you were usually getting some decent writing.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210615)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 9th, 2007 @ 9:55pm CDT
skeletal13 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:
waaaaghlord wrote:
Hotrod wrote:The Blob wants to feel some love?


There's so much wrong with that sentence that I don't even know where to begin. Then again 'blob' as a coloquialism is probably just a Brit thing.


The Blob was an M-day victim, rolls of skin, hanging off a skinny body basically.

The mysterious bot kind of looks like Dreadwind to me. :-?


That Blob/M-Day statement is the coolest thing I heard all day!


I read it, saw a pic, in one of the recent recaps in X-Men, Endangered Species maybe..?

X-Men all just runs together for me. :???:


Dam, call me stupid, but I tough M-Day was something from a (real) war.

But on the note of Marvel, growing up, I'd only buy Marvel, now it ALL runs together for me. All their stories have the implication of consiquence, but nothing ever lasts long enough for the meaning to hit.

And once they started letting the movies dictate the art (Spider-Man back in his black suit now, hmm wonder why) I was just out.



I stopped buying Marvel back around the early 90s when Chris Claremont and Jim Lee left X-Men. The books were focusing too much on the art, and less on the story. At least with DC, even if the art was crappy, you were usually getting some decent writing.


Yeah, right about then, maybe a year into the start of IMAGE is when I gave up.

I remember all the die-cut covers and polybaged editions that made you wanna get doubles just killed it for me.

As for DC, I can respect the characters, but outside of some one shots like "The Killing Joke" or "Kingdomcome" I just couldn't get into the continuities. DC characters always seemed to perfect to me.

Marvel at least had character flaws and things like that which made them seem more real.

But yeah, thats when I stopped. I had a brief revival when I worked in a Barnes & Nobels and was able to steal them, but that ended quick.

My friend Jing always kept me in te loop, and to this day I still write and draw my own(any backers out there?). But fanatical collecting is something I now reserve for TF toys.

I am looking to get as many TF TPBs as possible now though as the stories are good. I know they come out in monthly issues, but I'd rather just get the stories in one shot nowadays.
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210852)
Posted by jgilkinson on July 9th, 2007 @ 11:32pm CDT
looks sweet. From the prev i guess some of the aveng dont know the bots are on their sides... Ms Marvel (or whatever) hit Prime... that bi***
Re: New Avengers / Transformers #2 Preview (210862)
Posted by Hairball178 on July 9th, 2007 @ 11:36pm CDT
I'd say the new Transformer turns into a car. I don't think it could be Doubledealer, but he is already a part of the IDW-verse in the Hot Rod spotlight. I doubt it'd be Dreadwind because more often than not, wherever he is there is also Darkwing.

I'm betting on him being Punch/Counterpunch.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "RARE 2014 HIGH TIDE Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots + 2  '15 Chase the Police" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS ACADEMY HOIST THE TOW BOT FLATBED TOW TRUCK HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Ratchet? 96% Complete? (No Weapon)?" on EBAY
Buy "New TRANSFORMERS Generations TG-23 METROPLEX Action Figure TAKARA TOMY" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ALTERNITY CONVOY NISSAN GT-R ULTIMATE METAL SILVER A-01 TAKARA NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Motorbreath & Thundercracker (Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity A-02 Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron - Diamond Black (Takara)" on EBAY