New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus

New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus

Tuesday, June 29th, 2010 6:41pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 24,713

Seibertron.com sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has updated their site with new preorders for the recently introduced Hasbro Seacons commemorative set and the Takara 2010 repaint of Cybertron Primus. The Seacon set, shown last weekend at Botcon, will be exclusively sold in the US by BBTS.com and is expected in August. Cost for the set of six G1 commemorative figures that merge to form Piraracon is 59.99. The silver and blue Primus repaint from Takara will sell for 129.99 and is expected in November.

Joel - BigBadToyStore wrote:Hi - We just could not wait until the next main newsletter to tell about
one of the biggest pieces of news in http://www.bigbadtoystore.com history!

BigBadToyStore is proud to present our first ever Hasbro Exclusive:
Decepticon Piranacon - G1 Commemorative Seacons!

The Seacons are available in their traditional G1 colors for the first
time in over 20 years since their initial release in 1988!

This limited edition set is only available in North America from BBTS!

This amazing exclusive comes packaged in an awesome collector gift-box,
includes: collector cards, all 6 figures needed to form Piranacon,
and weapons for each individual figure. This is the first time
Piranacon has ever been reissued with the G1 color scheme.

A portion of our shipment will be arriving by Air Freight in Late July and
the rest will be arriving by Ocean Freight in Late August - Pick the
release that works best for you here:

August Shipment - $59.99:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

July Early Arrival Air Shipment - $74.99:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Thanks for your interest in http://www.bigbadtoystore.com and reserve your
Seacons now!

Thanks!

Joel & The BBTS Crew

To check out both preorders, head to BBTS.com and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers News!

Credit(s): Joel @ BigBadToyStore.com

Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092050)
Posted by Mkall on June 29th, 2010 @ 6:44pm CDT
So not a store exclusive at all huh? Interesting...

EDIT: About 1,000 in the first-arrival air shipment and 2,800 in the sencond arrival
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092053)
Posted by LiKwid on June 29th, 2010 @ 6:49pm CDT
Wow this was unexpected..I was totally thinking because of the packaging type that it would be wal mart..But his will do just fine:P I got alot of stuff to ship around the time this comes out! Pile O love I tell ya!!!! Now the question is..1 or a few?
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092054)
Posted by DavidT on June 29th, 2010 @ 6:50pm CDT
EDIT: Nevermind LOL

Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092055)
Posted by LiKwid on June 29th, 2010 @ 6:59pm CDT
DavidT wrote:EDIT: Nevermind LOL

I was literally gonna post this too but Ole Devs beat me to it..I just noticed the 2 different Preorders though( duh!)..What a difference a month makes..I might just get it in july to start my g1 collection :)
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092078)
Posted by Overcracker on June 29th, 2010 @ 7:31pm CDT
Preordered!!!! So awesome. And I can wait the extra month, for the 15 dollar difference.

So cool to get a fully armed and working Nautilator again.
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092081)
Posted by SJ21 on June 29th, 2010 @ 7:37pm CDT
Preordered son!!!
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092083)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 29th, 2010 @ 7:45pm CDT
Pretty cool but it sucks for those people who don't order online. I already have a the vintage one complete in good shape so I don't know if I really need these.
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092087)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 29th, 2010 @ 7:59pm CDT
The picture on the web site doesn't have a chromed sword, does that mean that BBTS has this limited edition and the regular will show up at retail or maybe that's an early picture they are using?
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092089)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 29th, 2010 @ 8:00pm CDT
I think it's a little off that they have two different pricing tiers for when you want to get it especially considering that they're the only game in town for this. I am glad to see them come back after the whole Macross debacle a few months ago.
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092094)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on June 29th, 2010 @ 8:19pm CDT
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092096)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on June 29th, 2010 @ 8:26pm CDT
Preordered.

I have an original Seacons set, but I need this. Why? THAT SWORD IS SO FRICKIN' SHINY

Seriously SO SHINY
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092099)
Posted by Optimus Eeyore on June 29th, 2010 @ 8:34pm CDT
Pre-ordered. Waiting until August, which is fine. So are there only going to be roughly 3800 of these total? What's up with the numbers Mkall?
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092100)
Posted by Jayson26 on June 29th, 2010 @ 8:35pm CDT
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092102)
Posted by Jayson26 on June 29th, 2010 @ 8:37pm CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote:put my preorder down on this one, tho i may have to cancel later due to finaces. now if only the crazy devy legs and valkerie would arrive

why the hell did they do the legs that orange color? I was hoping they would take all the green parts and make g2 colors
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092110)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 29th, 2010 @ 8:52pm CDT
Great. Just Great. Just when I thought my wallet would have a rest.

I'm not even a big fan of the Seacons but that set just looks so new and shiney and G1-ey.

:sad: I'm gonna be poor forever.
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092111)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 29th, 2010 @ 8:56pm CDT
Jayson26 wrote:I got mine @ $250 almost 2 years ago... :( well thats ok, it'll save me the $60 now considering mine was in payments of whatever the hell i wanted :D. anyways, Does this come with blaster stands?

The box at Botcon says yes, the page at BBTS doesn't even mention them.

As for the news itself...I'm angry.

Was $49.99 and now it'll be $68.28 with shipping.

I knew the $50.00 price tag was too good to be true. -_-

For that price, it better have the stands. If I open that box and the set's not complete, I will demand a refund, and not one of their store credits either, I'll go to the BBB if I have to.

I'm that angry.
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092122)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 29th, 2010 @ 9:25pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

The box at Botcon says yes, the page at BBTS doesn't even mention them.

As for the news itself...I'm angry.

Was $49.99 and now it'll be $68.28 with shipping.

I knew the $50.00 price tag was too good to be true. -_-

I'm that angry.

That's a bit dramatic...

It's not like the little cards in front of the figures are ever accurate in any other regard. The dates are often wrong and the MSRP is a suggested retail price...ask KMart. :/

What concerns me is that Snaptrap's head MAY go unpainted or Overbite may be those incorrect colors.
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092124)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on June 29th, 2010 @ 9:29pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

The box at Botcon says yes, the page at BBTS doesn't even mention them.

As for the news itself...I'm angry.

Was $49.99 and now it'll be $68.28 with shipping.

I knew the $50.00 price tag was too good to be true. -_-

I'm that angry.

Okay, wow. The craziness isn't confined to TFW on this. You'd go to the Better Business Bureau for $18.29? They will laugh at you.

Things to consider:

MSRP is a "suggested" retail price. Not THE retail price
It may have been a mistake on the card at Botcon
No one promised it would be $49.99
Don't buy it if it bothers you that much

You know why I'm glad it's an Online Exclusive? The sword will actually be chromed hard plastic and not painted rubber like all the other US releases with swords. Oh no, the little kids might hurt themselves!!!!
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092127)
Posted by El Duque on June 29th, 2010 @ 9:33pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

The box at Botcon says yes, the page at BBTS doesn't even mention them.

As for the news itself...I'm angry.

Was $49.99 and now it'll be $68.28 with shipping.

I knew the $50.00 price tag was too good to be true. -_-

I'm that angry.

You could just e-mail them with your concerns before the set arrives and cancel if you're not happy with what's included in the set.
Re: New BBTS preorders: G1 Seacons Exclusive & 2010 Primus (1092128)
Posted by Jenus on June 29th, 2010 @ 9:34pm CDT
At first I told myself no because I was only a fan of the G1 series in the US because that is the only thing I saw when I was younger so I only wanted to order Combiners from the the US cartoon, but after looking at this thing since again at Botcon and now seeing the price I thought what the heck $60 is a good price so I'll pre-order him.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-54 Seaspray & Lione" on EBAY