New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy

New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy

Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 2:35am CDT

Category: Collectables
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,682

Japanese toy website Tag Hobby, has posted a picture of a new Optimus Prime non transforming set titled Big Daddy Prime ft. Calflavor. It includes an exaggerated Optimus Prime bust as well as his truck mode. This bust set comes from Takara Tomy and the release date is unknown.

Transformers News: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy

Credit(s): Tag Hobby

Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614035)
Posted by RhA on October 15th, 2014 @ 3:57am CDT
Energon Prime is no longer the fattest guy on the block. Even this guy's gun is fat. Impressive.
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614041)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 15th, 2014 @ 4:18am CDT
Optimus Prime wrote:Kill me...
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614043)
Posted by Darth Zax on October 15th, 2014 @ 4:34am CDT
Calf flavor???

Edit: So these are like two separate items? Nothing transforms?
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614045)
Posted by monstrinhotron on October 15th, 2014 @ 4:36am CDT
jeysus! That's an ugly object.
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614048)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on October 15th, 2014 @ 5:12am CDT
CALFUGLY is more like it.
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614051)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 15th, 2014 @ 5:16am CDT
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614070)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on October 15th, 2014 @ 7:45am CDT
This is CONFUSING AND WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Image

By the Allspark!What is this????This is fatter than Fatimus himself!!!Image
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614083)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 15th, 2014 @ 8:44am CDT
That's not even a bust. Why do people use the word "bust" to describe statues?

Bust: a sculptured representation of the upper part of the human figure including the head and neck and usually part of the shoulders and breast

If it has arms, it's not a bust. If it has legs and feet (as this does), it's certainly not a bust.

Also, that is one of the stupidest looking TF statues I've ever seen.
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614111)
Posted by william-james88 on October 15th, 2014 @ 10:22am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:That's not even a bust. Why do people use the word "bust" to describe statues?

Also, that is one of the stupidest looking TF statues I've ever seen.

Ha! I didnt notice the legs and feet, I thoguht they were a stand, hence why I thought it was more a bust. Wow, that makes the figure even uglier.

And Kanrabat makes me laugh way too much.
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614122)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 15th, 2014 @ 10:50am CDT
Even without the legs and feet, it's not a bust. Busts don't have arms.

A lot of these companies make statues with no legs and call them "busts", but they're not busts; they're just statues with no legs.

THESE are busts: (don't worry; safe search is "on") https://www.google.com/search?q=bust&sa ... 49&bih=885

Here's an example:

Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614144)
Posted by william-james88 on October 15th, 2014 @ 12:30pm CDT
Thanks, I will now turn safe search off.
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614178)
Posted by Burn on October 15th, 2014 @ 3:00pm CDT
I kinda like it ...
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614212)
Posted by william-james88 on October 15th, 2014 @ 6:24pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:Kill me...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614218)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 15th, 2014 @ 6:49pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:Kill me...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

I know, right? It's painful to watch this poor thing.
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614284)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on October 16th, 2014 @ 2:07am CDT
Burn wrote:I kinda like it ...

Second. It's weird and strange, yes...But maybe that's why I'm drawn to it...
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614300)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 16th, 2014 @ 5:31am CDT

Also, that is one of the stupidest looking TF statues I've ever seen.

Exactly, completely agree on all accounts here GI.

This is one of the dumbest things ever, I could understand its existence if it were based on something in particular, like if it's part of a designer series of toys all designed by a popular artist in his own unique style. But this is just a standalone thing, a crappy and dumb standalone thing.
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614303)
Posted by Burn on October 16th, 2014 @ 5:35am CDT
All first things are "stand alone" until something else comes along.

Honestly don't get why some of you get your panties so twisted at times.
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614888)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 18th, 2014 @ 8:56am CDT
Burn wrote:All first things are "stand alone" until something else comes along.

Honestly don't get why some of you get your panties so twisted at times.

Well, if I'm going to make a final post then I'm glad it's on this particular thread.

I totally agree with Burn. Some of you have your panties wound way too tight or just plain had an extra bowl of Bitch Flakes this morning.

Do a bit of research on stuff folks. There are a fair amount of items (non-TF related) out there that are represented by this similar artistic style. I think this is a wonderful representation of Prime in this particular artistic style and I think the artist should be commended. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to add this piece to my Prime collection but then I also view myself as having a bit more enlightened view than the majority of you ignorant jack-asses.

That having been said... I bid Seibertron.com a not-so-fond farewell. I thanks so many of you horrid, narrow-minded, selfish jerks for ruining my Transformers fandom experience of the past several years. Between you folks and the ones at TFW2005 I now realize that TF fans are bigger, more ignorant pricks than even Trekkies or Star Wars fanatics so I leave you all to your miseryand self-loathing while I go find a decent group of Whovians to hang out with. At least they have manners and taste unlike a great many of you. (And the reason I have no manners lately is because of a direct response to many of you on here. I started out as a well-mannered fan who actually cared about the thoughts and opinions of my fellow posters until you lot showed me the utter futility of such actions)
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614897)
Posted by william-james88 on October 18th, 2014 @ 9:41am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
Burn wrote:All first things are "stand alone" until something else comes along.

Honestly don't get why some of you get your panties so twisted at times.

I totally agree with Burn. Some of you have your panties wound way too tight or just plain had an extra bowl of **** Flakes this morning.

You know, he has a point. I did some research and I think I like Calflavor as a hole, dont know why ;) https://www.google.ca/search?q=calflavor&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FXtCVOujMeHL8AH-kYDYAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1517&bih=714&dpr=0.9#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=NjzaGKrwyM-PGM%253A%3BAxd1KaFJPsXosM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstat.ameba.jp%252Fuser_images%252F20121023%252F01%252Fbalance-ap%252Fb6%252F37%252Fj%252Fo0427064012250451805.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fameblo.jp%252Fbalance-ap%252Fentry-11386434263.html%3B427%3B640
Re: New Big Daddy Optimus Prime Calflavor bust set from Takara Tomy (1614899)
Posted by RhA on October 18th, 2014 @ 9:56am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:
Burn wrote:All first things are "stand alone" until something else comes along.

Honestly don't get why some of you get your panties so twisted at times.

You owe Burn a Metroplex.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-Hasbro Transformers Gen Legends Brawn" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Brainstorm, Chromedome, Highbrow, and Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Blaster and Rewind" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Class Steelbane" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY