New Botcon 2009 Video

Transformers News: New Botcon 2009 Video

Tuesday, April 21st, 2009 7:13PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Sponsor News, Press Releases, Digital Media News, Editorials
Posted by: DavidT   Views: 29,842

A new and funny video has been posted at Botcon.com promoting this years Botcon 2009. Check out this awesome video created by Dr. Smoov at Botcon.com by clicking the link below:

botcon
botcon1
botcon2

Stay Tuned to Seibertron.com for the Latest News & Information!
Credit(s): Botcon.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913284)
Posted by dabattousai on April 21st, 2009 @ 7:35pm CDT
Ya....Starscream would love to get his hands on toys :roll:
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913285)
Posted by Cryo Prime on April 21st, 2009 @ 7:36pm CDT
HAHAHA that was great... man i wish i could go to botcon.....those exclusive would be mine! :grin:
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913287)
Posted by Delicon on April 21st, 2009 @ 7:38pm CDT
This video is very well done, my wife and I loved it!
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913292)
Posted by Zeds on April 21st, 2009 @ 7:55pm CDT
Oh that was enjoyable to watch. Well done sir. Well done indeed :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913312)
Posted by Narc on April 21st, 2009 @ 8:46pm CDT
Makes me wish I could go to BotCon. I want those exclusives too!!!
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913324)
Posted by St. Even on April 21st, 2009 @ 9:01pm CDT
The video was great. I also really enjoy his cereal commercials.

On a somewhat related note . . . any guesses what the most important cagro is in Kup's story in the Botcon comic?
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913347)
Posted by typh0id on April 21st, 2009 @ 10:19pm CDT
Ah that was AWESOME! :D

Totally made my night...

LOVE Dr.Smoov!
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913352)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 21st, 2009 @ 10:34pm CDT
Most Impressive!! That just makes it that much harder for me to deal with the fact that this year Botcon will be only 2 states away from me and I still won't be able to attend. Oh well. For those who can make it, have loads of fun on my behalf. (somebody better be able to put my share of the drinks away on the friday night meet-up :grin: )
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913355)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 21st, 2009 @ 10:41pm CDT
Meh, definitely not Dr. Smoov's greatest work.
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913367)
Posted by First Gen on April 21st, 2009 @ 11:04pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:Meh, definitely not Dr. Smoov's greatest work.

Ditto. The dialogue was less than desireable.
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913370)
Posted by DavidT on April 21st, 2009 @ 11:15pm CDT
First Gen wrote:
UltraPrimal wrote:Meh, definitely not Dr. Smoov's greatest work.

Ditto. The dialogue was less than desireable.

Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913385)
Posted by UltraPrimal on April 22nd, 2009 @ 12:18am CDT
I wouldn't say it was the cursing. It just lacks that certain something that I get from his other videos. Maybe it's because it just feels like an ad for BotCon, which it is obviously. The voices were fine. But the animation could have been better.

I wouldn't be surprized if it was written by Brian Savage in 30 seconds. "OK, Dr. Smoov. How about we have Optimus Prime call Megatron? Yeah. And then, uh, he tells him about BotCon, and then he tells him about the box set. Um, and then he does that 'Transform and rollover' thing he does. Do you think you can make that in a couple days?"

It just doesn't seem like a lot of thought went into it. Unlike his other videos.
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913415)
Posted by capellamusic on April 22nd, 2009 @ 2:11am CDT
Great as always :D , although I prefer his parody videos :) .
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913418)
Posted by ponycorn on April 22nd, 2009 @ 2:24am CDT
Nice animation by Ng, good lighthearted short. Very appropriate for the occasion. I'll watch the cereal commercials if I feel like something less than family friendly.
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913438)
Posted by PrivatePoop on April 22nd, 2009 @ 5:39am CDT
DavidT wrote:Typically, Dr. Smoov's videos contain foul language, which doesn't bother me one bit, seeing as I've posted every video I could find in the past. Is the missing cuss-words what made it not so great for you? I thought it was pretty funny and child & parent friendly. Maybe the whole thing was scripted by someone else.... I dunno :grin:

I think it was a little too cute (for lack of a better word) compared to Dr. Smoov's other work. I'll go ahead and say cuss words are what make Smoov videos funny to me, he's pretty good with background music and editing and voicework and all those other little things that usually make those comedy-dub videos unfunny to me. It sounds pathetic, but I laugh because it's like all my favorite robots are swearing.
My favorite Smoov line, delivered by Wheeljack: "Why don'cha tell him which part ya worked on Ratchet?? Why don'cha tell him how you put da finishin' touches on da f'n brain, how 'bout that Optimus, he built the f'n brain!"
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (913895)
Posted by ponycorn on April 23rd, 2009 @ 12:40pm CDT
Speaking of too cute, I can't get enough of Randall Ng's Masterpeice Megatron. It's like all the hotness of the toy, brought to life. Sure, he's not cussing and spitting out cereal in this one, but looking like that, he doesn't need to say anything. I-)
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (914349)
Posted by typh0id on April 24th, 2009 @ 2:07pm CDT
Wow some people really can't be pleased...

It's a promo for Botcon! Of course it's not going to have all the adult humour of his personal stuff...
Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (914439)
Posted by DavidT on April 24th, 2009 @ 7:05pm CDT
typh0id wrote:Wow some people really can't be pleased...

I know... Right!

Re: New Botcon 2009 Video (914811)
Posted by Elita One on April 26th, 2009 @ 6:10am CDT
Good video from Dr Smoov. I think he is one of the best fan voice over actors out there.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS ARMADA UNICRON w/ DEAD END MINI-CON FIGURE  Factory Sealed MIB - Time Remaining: 18 days 3 hours 57 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers G1 Takara Hasbro Original Figure Crosshairs Complete 1986 - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 4 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Generations War For Cybertron WFC Megatron FIGURE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 6 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Class Cyberfire Bumblebee - Time Remaining: 20 days 11 hours 13 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Armada Giga-Cons Tidal Wave + Ramjet Hasbro robot toy 2003 complete - Time Remaining: 25 days 3 hours 15 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Universe Optimus Primal 2003 with CD-ROM NIB Beast - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 16 minutes 28 seconds
Takara Transformers Galaxy Force Cybertron GC-10 Nitro Convoy Override Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 16 minutes 38 seconds
HASBRO@Mi Transformers Special Version Sonic Toy Gold Version NEW - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 18 minutes 1 second
Website Security Test