Monday, May 14th, 2012 12:02pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 59,866

The Seibertron.com galleries for the BotCon 2012 Shattered Glass Junkions are now live! This popular attendee only set of Insecticon colored versions of Wreck-Gar, Scrap Iron, and Junkheap was the first to sell out this year. The set features all three Junkion head sculpts including the e-Hobby exclusive Scrapheap version. Check out the full high quality galleries by clicking the links or images below.

Wreck-Gar (Deluxe Class, Exclusives)
Convention & Club Exclusives

Scrap Iron (Deluxe Class, Exclusives)
Convention & Club Exclusives

Junkheap (Deluxe Class, Exclusives)
Convention & Club Exclusives

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 3:13am CDT

Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379756)
Posted by Mkall on May 14th, 2012 @ 12:16pm CDT
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379774)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 14th, 2012 @ 1:20pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I gotta say that these three won the year with Kick-Off being a close second. I love these guys.

I agree, probably one of the few Troop Builder sets that's worth buying more of. Although I'd end up selling off the extra SG Wreck-Gars for the sake of the collective :P
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379782)
Posted by Hans on May 14th, 2012 @ 1:40pm CDT
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379795)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 14th, 2012 @ 2:13pm CDT
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379847)
Posted by LordBludgeon on May 14th, 2012 @ 5:10pm CDT
I find it very interesting that there are many references to the "Hellraiser" series in Wreck-Gars Bio, even his quote is from Hellraiser! You guys sure that this Wreck-Gar is Shattered Glass and not one of Pin-head's cenobites? Ha, ha.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379854)
Posted by craggy on May 14th, 2012 @ 5:48pm CDT
Hadn't been too interested in the Junkions from the initial pictures. Now I want them! Aside from the ones using the Jazz mold, these are probably the best of this year.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379894)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 14th, 2012 @ 7:51pm CDT
I always find the Shattered Glass universe interesting because it sort of pulls away from the established fiction of the free-loving Optimus Prime as leader of the heroic Autobots and the sadistic Megatron leading the domination-dreaming Decepticons. I also like the fact of either switching the colors of another character, reverses it, or using a pre-Transformer color scheme (ex: SG UM using the colors of the pre-Transformer guy). The Junkions switching colors with the Insecticons was a clever move on FP's part. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379903)
Posted by Seibertron on May 14th, 2012 @ 8:37pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:Is that Longarm in the group pic? He's the only figure that got my interest this year, will there be a gallery with him?

Longarm's gallery will be posted in the next day or two so that you can all see my sad attempt at painting a Transformer for the first time.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379904)
Posted by Seibertron on May 14th, 2012 @ 8:38pm CDT
Hans wrote:I just noticed that Junkheap now has the visor originally intended for him. The mass market release had the visor that belonged to E-hobby exclusive Scrap Heap. It didn't fit too well and made his "eyes" look strange. The fact that they were painted over didn't help, either. Here, it seems his visor (the clear molded piece) has been fixed for the BotCon release.

Interesting ... I hadn't noticed that. Kind of makes me want a fixed Generations Junkheap now.

Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379944)
Posted by mooncake623 on May 14th, 2012 @ 11:16pm CDT
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379958)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 15th, 2012 @ 1:13am CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Gigatron's head is nice but HUGE!!! I did a size comparison and his head is bigger then masterpiece Rodimus, Masterpiece Seeker and Masterpiece Grimlock did anyone else realize how big his head is? i think it would look a lot better had they made his head smaller...

I guess that's their way of making up for the tiny head on Counterpunch.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1379969)
Posted by Hans on May 15th, 2012 @ 3:43am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Yup, me too :)
The easiest way to notice, is the handlebars sticking out from behind his head. They are longer and different now :)
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1380008)
Posted by Deathsanras on May 15th, 2012 @ 8:50am CDT
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1380025)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 15th, 2012 @ 10:22am CDT
As awesome as the SG Junkions are. I'm just not into the SG thing very much. The real winners of the 2012 exclusives for me are Spinister and Kick-Off(Over).
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1380044)
Posted by Seibertron on May 15th, 2012 @ 11:26am CDT
Deathsanras wrote:Not to be Captain Ungrateful or anything, but I thought a few shots of Longarm in Shockwave mode with the replacement gun-arm accessory to complete the homage would have been a given, as well as side-by-side with Alternators Shockblast/Binaltech Laserwave who is the basis for the homage.

You're not being ungrateful. Those are legit questions or concerns.

I accidentally left the cannon in the custom class room when I left and didn't realize it until later that night. Haven't had a chance to contact Raven yet for a replacement. If I'm able to get an extra cannon, I'll be sure to update the pictures accordingly.

I would like to do some comparison pictures of that ... maybe in due time. Just trying to get these galleries posted. While Botcon ended for most people 15 or 16 days ago, I've still been working on BotCon stuff non-stop. I've got about 80 hours or so into these 15 galleries during the past 2 weeks. I just need to get them posted at this point. I really want to put BotCon 2012 to bed ... tired of working on BotCon stuff for the past 4 weeks or so (was working on the BotCon 2010 galleries before BotCon 2012).

I'd also like to do comparisons with the original versions of all of these toys (i.e. G1 Overlord, Metalhawk, e-Hobby Road Rage, "Diaclone" Ultra Magnus, Universe Treadshot, G1 Spinister, G1 Octopunch, and Action Master Kick-Off but I just didn't have time to do all of that).

I need to turn my focus back to current toys such as the Transformers Prime figures so that I can get their galleries posted in the next week or two.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1380050)
Posted by El Duque on May 15th, 2012 @ 11:53am CDT
More BotCon 2012 galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm! The Bard of Darkmount is a Shattered Glass universe repaint of Generations Deluxe Darkmount (aka Straxus) that was given away as this year's attendee only freebie figure. Longarm was this year's highly sought after custom class figure. This Reveal the Shield Special Ops Jazz repaint came with a custom G1 Shockwave head and blaster. Unfortunately Seibertron didn't make it out of the class with the custom blaster, with any luck a replacement can be secured and the gallery will of course be updated. This figure pays homage to a couple of different figures from the past. Transformers Animated Longarm Prime, who was actually Shockwave in disguise, and Alternators Shockblast, who shared a similar vehicle mode.

The Bard of Darkmount (Deluxe Class, Exclusives)
Convention & Club Exclusives

Longarm (Deluxe Class, Exclusives)
Convention & Club Exclusives

Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1380062)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2012 @ 1:10pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Longarm was this year's highly sought after custom class figure. This Reveal the Shield Special Ops Jazz repaint came with a custom G1 Shockwave head and blaster. Unfortunately Seibertron didn't make it out of the class with the custom blaster, with any luck a replacement can be secured and the gallery will of course be updated.
Perhaps when that happens (if not sooner), maybe some additional comparison pics with Alternators Shockblast could be added as well? ;;)
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1380070)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 15th, 2012 @ 2:10pm CDT
NOW I want a 3rd party to copy that Shockwave!
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1380073)
Posted by Mkall on May 15th, 2012 @ 2:14pm CDT
I'm sad that I couldn't get into the customs class, but I'm glad I managed to score a custom painted Jazz at a fraction of what the kit was going for on eBay.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: Shattered Glass Junkions Wreck-Gar, Junkheap, and Scrap Iron (1380074)
Posted by mattyc1007 on May 15th, 2012 @ 2:15pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Image

I submit this for the next caption contest! :lol:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY
Buy "2006 Hasbro Transformers 1stMovie SeriesDeluxe Class6" Decepticon Divebomb Wal." on EBAY