New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm

New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm

Tuesday, May 15th, 2012 11:53am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 72,746

More BotCon 2012 galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm! The Bard of Darkmount is a Shattered Glass universe repaint of Generations Deluxe Darkmount (aka Straxus) that was given away as this year's attendee only freebie figure. Longarm was this year's highly sought after custom class figure. This Reveal the Shield Special Ops Jazz repaint came with a custom G1 Shockwave head and blaster. Unfortunately Seibertron didn't make it out of the class with the custom blaster, with any luck a replacement can be secured and the gallery will of course be updated. This figure pays homage to a couple of different figures from the past. Transformers Animated Longarm Prime, who was actually Shockwave in disguise, and Alternators Shockblast, who shared a similar vehicle mode.

The Bard of Darkmount (Deluxe Class, Exclusives)
Convention & Club Exclusives

Longarm (Deluxe Class, Exclusives)
Convention & Club Exclusives

Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380062)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2012 @ 1:10pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Longarm was this year's highly sought after custom class figure. This Reveal the Shield Special Ops Jazz repaint came with a custom G1 Shockwave head and blaster. Unfortunately Seibertron didn't make it out of the class with the custom blaster, with any luck a replacement can be secured and the gallery will of course be updated.
Perhaps when that happens (if not sooner), maybe some additional comparison pics with Alternators Shockblast could be added as well? ;;)
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380070)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 15th, 2012 @ 2:10pm CDT
NOW I want a 3rd party to copy that Shockwave!
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380073)
Posted by Mkall on May 15th, 2012 @ 2:14pm CDT
I'm sad that I couldn't get into the customs class, but I'm glad I managed to score a custom painted Jazz at a fraction of what the kit was going for on eBay.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380074)
Posted by mattyc1007 on May 15th, 2012 @ 2:15pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Image

I submit this for the next caption contest! :lol:
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380084)
Posted by Seibertron on May 15th, 2012 @ 2:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Seibertron wrote:I would like to do some comparison pictures of that ... maybe in due time. Just trying to get these galleries posted. While Botcon ended for most people 15 or 16 days ago, I've still been working on BotCon stuff non-stop. I've got about 80 hours or so into these 15 galleries during the past 2 weeks. I just need to get them posted at this point. I really want to put BotCon 2012 to bed ... tired of working on BotCon stuff for the past 4 weeks or so (was working on the BotCon 2010 galleries before BotCon 2012).

I'd also like to do comparisons with the original versions of all of these toys (i.e. G1 Overlord, Metalhawk, e-Hobby Road Rage, "Diaclone" Ultra Magnus, Universe Treadshot, G1 Spinister, G1 Octopunch, and Action Master Kick-Off but I just didn't have time to do all of that).

I need to turn my focus back to current toys such as the Transformers Prime figures so that I can get their galleries posted in the next week or two.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380085)
Posted by Seibertron on May 15th, 2012 @ 2:44pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I accidentally left the cannon in the custom class room when I left and didn't realize it until later that night. Haven't had a chance to contact Raven yet for a replacement. If I'm able to get an extra cannon, I'll be sure to update the pictures accordingly.

Just sent an email off to Raven to see about getting a replacement cannon.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380096)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 15th, 2012 @ 3:35pm CDT
Hasbro should just sell different character heads so we can customize current figures into whoever we wanted. I would buy bags of Shockwave heads and Classics figures to make Shockwave's clone army.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380114)
Posted by Screamfleet on May 15th, 2012 @ 4:32pm CDT
Chaoslock wrote:NOW I want a 3rd party to copy that Shockwave!

Or hasbro should mass release it.

(wouldn't be the first time an exclusive got mass released...)
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380118)
Posted by Stormrider on May 15th, 2012 @ 5:06pm CDT
mattyc1007 wrote:
El Duque wrote:Image

I submit this for the next caption contest! :lol:

Yeah, kiddies don't look.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380129)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 15th, 2012 @ 5:36pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:
mattyc1007 wrote:
El Duque wrote:Image

I submit this for the next caption contest! :lol:

Yeah, kiddies don't look.

Quite the Darkmount. That was a gimme, oh well.
Oh, in case you don't know what a gimme is:
In golf, a gimme is a shot that the other players agree can count automatically without actually being played.
When a player has only a very short putt left to play, other players may grant a gimme (i.e. one stroke is counted), but the ball is not actually played. A gimme is a time-saving convention under the tacit assumption that the putt would not have been missed—e.g. when the ball is only a few inches from the hole.

/innuendo
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380156)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 15th, 2012 @ 7:14pm CDT
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380169)
Posted by Seibertron on May 15th, 2012 @ 8:03pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:What did the custom blaster for the figure look like? I thought it just comes with Jazz's old blaster from RTS.

It's a resin Shockwave style cannon that has a ball joint on the end. You had to paint it.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380171)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 15th, 2012 @ 8:05pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

That sounds pretty neat. Hope you're able to get your hands on it. Love to see how it would look on him!
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380182)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 15th, 2012 @ 8:43pm CDT
The only figure I want out of all these is shattered glass prime but I wanna take a maketoys battle tanker head and pant it to match because I hate the head that comes on the figure. As far as gigatron goes his head is to blochish for that body it looks funny to me and I can stand metal hawks face. I feel like I'm looking at a dollar store robot and I hate that whole mold to begin with its a horrible transformer with a horrible transformation. Other than that the rest of the figures are ok but not worth that much money IMO
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380188)
Posted by El Duque on May 15th, 2012 @ 9:18pm CDT
After hours behind the the lens and in front of the computer Seibertron has finally closed the book on the BotCon 2012 exclusive galleries. The final figures to get the gallery treatment:

Spinister (Deluxe Class, Exclusives)
Convention & Club Exclusives

Optimus Prime (Shattered Glass) (Deluxe Class, Exclusives)
Convention & Club Exclusives

Octopunch (Exclusives, Voyager Class)
Convention & Club Exclusives

Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380215)
Posted by joevill on May 15th, 2012 @ 10:54pm CDT
mattyc1007 wrote:
El Duque wrote:Image

I submit this for the next caption contest! :lol:

I laughed so hard when I saw this!
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380251)
Posted by craggy on May 16th, 2012 @ 7:27am CDT
I'd love a Classics Spinister, and whilst the Botcon version is pretty good, it's not enough. I'd get it if it were retail, but can't see me spending ebay money on it. Kick-Off, on the other hand, is amazing. Best repaint of this mold yet. Noticed it in the line-up of the Longarm gallery, and glad it's getting its own. I could see myself spending the extra to have this one.

Shattered Glass Prime didn't really do it for me in the Voyager mold, which I like much better, so this one is just a waste to me. And Ducktopunch is, like Spinister, nowhere near close enough to the character I'd want to get, looks quite nice though.
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380265)
Posted by robotmel on May 16th, 2012 @ 8:24am CDT
Screamfleet wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:NOW I want a 3rd party to copy that Shockwave!

Or hasbro should mass release it.

(wouldn't be the first time an exclusive got mass released...)

Oh CHMS where art thou?

Hasbro would definately be winning with this as a mass release, they couldn't get it wrong (unless they failed to add the blaster on his left arm)!

For all us Shockwave lovers heres one of my fave versions, Alternator Shockwave (Shockblast)!

Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380275)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 16th, 2012 @ 9:13am CDT
As much as I want that figure to work, SG Octopunch really needed a remolded head to pull off the character. This just doesn't do it for me.

Actually, looking at the breathing mask, the Sea Spray mold has me wondering. With a few new parts to make the alt mode a starship instead of a hovercraft, could this figure be used for Omega Surpreme? :-?
Re: New BotCon 2012 Galleries: The Bard of Darkmount and Longarm (1380284)
Posted by Hotrodimust on May 16th, 2012 @ 9:31am CDT
robotmel wrote:
Screamfleet wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:NOW I want a 3rd party to copy that Shockwave!

Or hasbro should mass release it.

(wouldn't be the first time an exclusive got mass released...)

Oh CHMS where art thou?

Not for nothing but this figure sucks as shockwave. And people are charging $1000 for it that's nuts I hope no one is paying that price and it's not so much the body of the figure it's the head and the blaster just looks cheap

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Unopened Hasbro 1992 Transformers Generation 2 Decepticon Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Sideswipe Deluxe Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TAKARA TOMY GENERATIONS DECEPTICON OUTCAST MAGNIFICUS From JP TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "2012 Transformers Generations Grimlock Fall of Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS R.E.D. REFORMATTING MEGATRON WALMART EXCLUSIVE IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Grimlock Generation 1 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MP-03!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron Trilogy  Rhinox. New!" on EBAY