New Botcon Exclusive Revealed?

New Botcon Exclusive Revealed?

Thursday, April 23rd, 2009 10:18am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 16,230

Yizhi521 on TF08.net has posted images of what looks to be a possible Botcon exclusive. The piece is a redeco of the Energon Mirage mold, in colors reminiscent of Banzai-Tron's. In addition to that, there would also appear to be a image of Flak, another one of this year's Botcon exclusives. To view the images, click here.

New Botcon Exclusive Revealed?

New Botcon Exclusive Revealed?

New Botcon Exclusive Revealed?

New Botcon Exclusive Revealed?

Credit(s): TF08.net, yizhi521

Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913848)
Posted by Technically weird on April 23rd, 2009 @ 10:32am CDT
Trypticon colors, again *sighs*.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913849)
Posted by Nekoman on April 23rd, 2009 @ 10:35am CDT
I think this one looks much better than some of the figures in the set. I like it.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913854)
Posted by Mkall on April 23rd, 2009 @ 10:44am CDT
Really interesting.

Banzai-Tron perhaps?
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913878)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on April 23rd, 2009 @ 12:12pm CDT
Looks like Clench to me:

Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913889)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 23rd, 2009 @ 12:29pm CDT
Caelus wrote:Looks like Clench to me:

That's actually a really interesting possibility...

I still think it's Banazi-Tron, but if it isn't, I think you called it with Clench (and are the first to do so that I've seen).
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913906)
Posted by Metric titan on April 23rd, 2009 @ 1:34pm CDT
I think this looks alot like G1 scorponokImage
war within,perhaps?
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913910)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 23rd, 2009 @ 1:38pm CDT
Hmm. I always liked this mold but never got any version of it. Probably won't get this one either but here's hoping they come out with another for a character I collect sometime.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913924)
Posted by Savage on April 23rd, 2009 @ 1:56pm CDT
Oh please oh please oh please be Banzai-Tron!

If it is Banz, my opinion of the Set just went up.
I knew FunPub wouldn't let me down entirely.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913939)
Posted by Delicon on April 23rd, 2009 @ 2:19pm CDT
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913942)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 23rd, 2009 @ 2:29pm CDT
Delicon wrote:It looks like this figure is bagged alone so I am assuming it will probably be the "attending" figure. Thoughts?

All the souvenir figures are bagged separately. A set has a larger bag containing the individually bagged separate figures.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913943)
Posted by Mkall on April 23rd, 2009 @ 2:35pm CDT
The more I see and hear about this set, the more I am looking forward to owning it, thanks to a certain helpful gentleman ;)
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913952)
Posted by Firebird on April 23rd, 2009 @ 2:55pm CDT
Good mold, Good colors, Good character.

Looks like a winner to me.

It seems that the attendee exclusives are more than making up for the lackluster reaction to the box set.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (913961)
Posted by Rijie on April 23rd, 2009 @ 3:11pm CDT
Banzai-Tron! Now that's an exclusive I can support. Awesome(...and not overused) mold, great colors, and a cool character. Can't wait to see the 'bot mode pics.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (914033)
Posted by Flashwave on April 23rd, 2009 @ 5:03pm CDT
Looks like Tidlewave to me. Which would be ironic based on the creation of Mirage. Clench'd be cool, but then I'd want a Pyro. CD REd maybe?

Bagged alone: Nope, to big to be attending, and the pieces in last year's after-arrive set were bagged alone then bagged together.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (914074)
Posted by Delicon on April 23rd, 2009 @ 6:31pm CDT
I'll have to admit, I wasn't really familiar with the character of Banzai-Tron so I looked it up. Is there only the Action Master version?

Based on that, I'm not totally sold that this is what we are seeing.

Still, I look forward to finding out!

PS - Now that you guys reminded me, I do remember the "big bag" with the 2-packs.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (914081)
Posted by Narc on April 23rd, 2009 @ 6:43pm CDT
Banzai!!!! This will be a good picker-upper since the rest of the set is kinda so-so.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (914128)
Posted by Tigertrack on April 23rd, 2009 @ 9:19pm CDT
If it's Banzai-Tron I will need one, assuming it's done right. If it's Clench, I'll think about it a little more. I remember how much that mold bugs me with it's fiddliness, and parts popping, loose legs...

If I were going the add-ons would certainly excite me more than the box set.
Re: New Botcon Exclusive Revealed? (914159)
Posted by ultra_magus on April 23rd, 2009 @ 10:18pm CDT
A mate of mine owns a fig in ths mold (a MIRAGE), and the joints on its thighs wear VERY loose. The legs would snap in half under almost any pressure, I assume it was a safety feature. Is it likely this would be altered, 'cause it was quite frustrating.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Car & Rescue Bots Flip Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow White Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Fire House Station Playset. "Used"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy Battle Masters - Aimless - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots high tide lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Copter Crane Blades" on EBAY
Buy "New! Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE Transformers ReAction Series Action Figure" on EBAY