New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon!

New Botcon Figures!  Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon!

Tuesday, May 4th, 2010 9:31pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Auctions
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 47,636

Counterpunch has found two VERY interesting auctions over at Taobao.com for two new Botcon 2010 figures.

Botcon Sky-Byte is the much assumed repaint of the Energon Sharkticon figure, however what was unexpected is a second use of the mold to become a homage to Gnaw and the Sharkticons!

This does raise an interesting question as to the make-up of this years attendee figures. Since it's well known that where there's one Sharkticon, there are usually several more; could this mean that there will be another army-building set similar to Botcon 2009's Sweeps?

Rest assured that Seibertron.com will keep all of you informed as we learn more!

Credit(s): Taobao, Counterpunch

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 5th, 2010 10:48am CDT

Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070951)
Posted by Down_Shift on May 4th, 2010 @ 9:36pm CDT

I really like that Sky-byte! He'll be the figure to get for sure down the road.
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070952)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 4th, 2010 @ 9:38pm CDT
Wow, yeah I really like Gnaw/Sharkticon! Almost enough to pick him up...
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070953)
Posted by Mkall on May 4th, 2010 @ 9:43pm CDT
So... awesome...

Really wish the Predacon symbol wasn't so large, but I'll make do.

Really... awesome...
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070954)
Posted by Varia31 on May 4th, 2010 @ 9:43pm CDT
Ah, Sky-Byte, my favorite character from TF: RID. :) Very cool mold for him indeed.
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070955)
Posted by Name_Violation on May 4th, 2010 @ 9:44pm CDT
those robot modes work really nicely. i like it
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070958)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 4th, 2010 @ 9:47pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:I was told a week or so ago that the troop builder set this year would be Sharkticons repainted out of e-Sharkticon.

I really like that Sky-byte! He'll be the figure to get for sure down the road.

And who told you that? Hmmm? :grin: /:)

This is so awesome! I'm jumping up and down! Now all they need to do is a Depth Charge repaint of the same mold and I'll be so happy! :DANCE:
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070960)
Posted by Editor on May 4th, 2010 @ 9:51pm CDT
Not concerned with Gnaw, but wow, Sky-byte looks decent.
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070965)
Posted by Down_Shift on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:00pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:

I really like that Sky-byte! He'll be the figure to get for sure down the road.

And who told you that? Hmmm? :grin: /:)

You know who and you know the reason I wasn't allowed to say anything :BANG_HEAD:

Ontario WHAT! ha ha ha. :P
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070966)
Posted by Mkall on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:01pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:What if they pull a Scourge/Sweeps? So Gnaw is one figure and then the Sharkticons are 3 slightly different recolorings of the same figure. I'd buy them! Heck, if they made a 3 pack of green ones and called them the Alligatorcons I'd buy them too!

Actually I suspect that Sky-Byte is the single figure and Gnaw will be the troop builder.

Now the question remains... should I try for 6 of them again this year like I did with the Sweeps?
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070967)
Posted by El Duque on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:02pm CDT
Sky-Byte looks nice, not that interested in the Gnaw version. If I want to build a Sharkticon army I would just assume get those three-packs from I-gears if they ever get around to making them that is.
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070972)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:07pm CDT
Love them both, and I'm sure they'll make Prime Evil very happy.
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070977)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:12pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

Yeah, that's probably what they'll do. Sky-Byte is the Scourge and Gnaw/Sharkicon is the Sweeps of this years set.

I know I regret not buying more than 3. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070979)
Posted by Samsonator on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:18pm CDT
From the moment it was known that Sky-Byte was in the convention set, I had a sneaking suspicion he was gonna be the Energon Sharkticon mold. Glad to see both A, that I was right, and B, the he's sporting a new Sky-Bytey head. Three cheers for that one!
(insert three cheers)

Now onto Gnaw/Sharkticon/Seaking... I am impressed how well that colour works for the figure. Great to see such fantastic uses of a severely underused and totally awesome mold (that I must look into getting one day... oh how I regret not buying the only Energon Sharkticon that ever graced store shelves in my backwater little town)
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070980)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:22pm CDT
Wow! VERY nice!

I am not a fan of that Sharkticon mold, but they both look nice....Color me impressed!

Sky-Byte is okay, but I really am sort-of digging those gaudy colors on Gnaw!
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070983)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:27pm CDT
I WANT THAT SKY-BYTE!!!

Though, why are they both mistransformed in altmode? They look less "sharky" like that.
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070993)
Posted by Blurrz on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:47pm CDT
Bright beautiful sharks,
exclusives are expensive,
Why do I bother?
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070995)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:52pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Bright beautiful sharks,
exclusives are expensive,
Why do I bother?

Beautiful XD

I doubt Sharkticon'll be an army builder, though. It'll probably be packaged with one of other exclusives we've seen/heard about as an add-on set, maybe Rapido from Uni2.0 Prowl or Double Punch from Energon Scorponok?

Nice to see they're including beast-esque molds nowadays, too.
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070996)
Posted by goshjosh95 on May 4th, 2010 @ 10:55pm CDT
Awesome-sauce. I wonder why they have alt-modes mistransformed like that in the pics? I definitely want to pick up a Gnaw/Sharkticon... Anyone going to Botcon wanna help a fella out? :PEACE:
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1070998)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 4th, 2010 @ 11:03pm CDT
A great Skybite, what with that mold being less bogged down in kibble, but am I the only one who saw that color scheme and thought it was supposed to be Thunderwing before doing a double-take?

Also, I wonder if one of the Sharkticons will be all purple to make it look like the Nemesis, which the "shark-spaceship" alt mode was loosely based on?
Re: New Botcon Figures! Sky-Byte and Gnaw / Sharkticon! (1071001)
Posted by zodconvoy on May 4th, 2010 @ 11:16pm CDT
The Sharkticons (if they are in fact an army builder set) are the only BUY I've seen come out of this Botcon thus far.

Still holding out hope for a Metalhawk!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S45 RUNG Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master Hasbro 2019 Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise BOMBSHOCK & GROWL SLITHERFANG RUNG Battle Masters" on EBAY