New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy

New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy

Tuesday, March 25th, 2008 11:12am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Collectables
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 32,018

Does that face in the thumbnail look Arcee-esque to you? Well, according to some sources, they have information that indeed the Alternator Dragstrip mold will see the light of day in Japan as Arcee!?!

Not only that, but there is also a piece of the translation that says that there will be a bright green repaint of the BT-Convoy mold??? Who or what that is to be is undetermined, but Nevermore, and Moonbug at THE ALLSPARK had a translation for a possible Tiger Convoy.

Will these see the light of day continuing the Binaltech line as the new BT-21, and BT-22, or is this just an early April Fool's Day joke?

The original posting of this news is on TRANSFORMERS AT THE MOON which you can view here, which is also the original source for the above pictures.

You can also visit Moonbug's Toy Forum Thread here

Update 3/26/08
Several online retailers now have pre-orders available for these two figures. Their release date is scheduled for July 17, 2008.

BBTS has received word that the colored picture of Convoy BT-22 is “not final color – prototype only”.

FantoFan has news that both will contain die-cast parts. BT-21 Arcee will have “renewed parts from BT-12 Overdrive, face, wheel, wing etc will be new.”

Credit(s): Naughtguy@Transformers at the moon, Moonbug, BBTS, FantoFan, ZenPrime

This article was last modified on Wednesday, March 26th, 2008 4:38am CDT

Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (663910)
Posted by City Commander on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:18am CDT
Of all the colours in the bloody rainbow, why lime green!?

I think Arcee looks awful in that mould. She looks like a butch biatch :P

These have just gotta be jokes. They're awful.
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (663920)
Posted by OptitronPrime on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:24am CDT
Dealer wrote:Of all the colours in the bloody rainbow, why lime green!?

I think Arcee looks awful in that mould. She looks like a butch biatch :P

These have just gotta be jokes. They're awful.

I agree to everything you say. If they'll going to keep making these then Alternators are gonna die,...again
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (663930)
Posted by proximus on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:31am CDT
A very masculine looking pink robot based on the DRAGstrip mold? Ohhh..this must be a joke.

and green optimus..Limecat anyone?
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (663931)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:31am CDT
This is all the Binaltech is going to be.
Repaints, repaints, repaints.
EWWW.
:sad:
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (663944)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:44am CDT
Well, Arcee looks terrible. Not very feminine looking at all. And a green Prime is even worse. Couldn't they have just done a red Subaru and called him Cliffjumper? That would've been a heck of a lot better than these IMO.
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (663945)
Posted by First-Aid on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:46am CDT
Oh dear god in heaven.

It's not often that I bash molds outright...I usually like to give them a chance individually.

But...oh dear god in heaven...

I think I'm still seeing spots before my eyes from that "convoy" color...

...and I never liked that Dragstrip mold- always thought the legs were too flimsy...but as Arcee?

Just shoot me now. Please. Have Mercy.
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (663948)
Posted by muswp1 on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:48am CDT
Ah, I see April Fools came a week early in Japan this year. Either that or someone at Tomy/Takara is on drugs. "Arcee" looks awful and "Prime" looks worse.
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (663952)
Posted by Nekoman on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:52am CDT
I don’t think they’re that bad, but I had always hoped for Arcee to be a Ford GT…
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (663966)
Posted by Firebird on March 25th, 2008 @ 12:11pm CDT

If sales are good perhaps we can start seeing new molds soon. :PRAY:
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664007)
Posted by OptitronPrime on March 25th, 2008 @ 1:26pm CDT
Firebird wrote:Well the color choices may be questionable but at least the line is back from the dead.

If sales are good perhaps we can start seeing new molds soon. :PRAY:

I don't sales are going to be that good
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664025)
Posted by Menbailee on March 25th, 2008 @ 1:44pm CDT
From an Alt/BT fan, these look terrible. I'd very much wanted the line to continue. If these are serious, they seem almost like intentional attempts to kill the line permanently, unless Japanese collectors have very different tastes in color from most of us who've commented here. Your average customizer (myself included) could do better. Quite a shame, really.
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664029)
Posted by Seibertron on March 25th, 2008 @ 1:52pm CDT
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664039)
Posted by Unicron Singularity on March 25th, 2008 @ 2:03pm CDT
That... "Prime" made me just feel sick. Let's all dub it Vomitron Prime or something like that.

The Arcee? Don't get me started. That was horrible.
For BT/Alt to continue with new molds... I'd hope for some all new molds... like a Pontiac Firebird, or a Enzo/Ferrari F50-ish car.
(A formula 1 car as a new mold, would be not probable, since the robot mode would be frail and thin, compared to the other molds from earlier.
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664040)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 25th, 2008 @ 2:04pm CDT
These photos look suspiciously photoshopped to me.

Poor old Arcee has been on the steroids or something.

If they are real then maybe green convoy could work in a Fast and the Furious kind of way but Reprolabels would need to create some sort of black design to stick on to finish the effect.

In general, bleaugh! :SICK:

The BT line is my personal favourite and I would rather see new designs than this. I am ok with Bluestreak and the new silver Meister but maybe this is pushing things a bit too far?

I don't care if the new molds arnt real cars so long as they look like they COULD be real and continue with the general design aesthetics.
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664046)
Posted by Nekoman on March 25th, 2008 @ 2:15pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:This has got to be a fake. I can't believe that they would release photos like this of upcoming products. Honestly? I think we should take this article down until we get better confirmation.

Does anyone remember what April first is?
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664071)
Posted by rpetras on March 25th, 2008 @ 2:50pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:Does anyone remember what April first is?

Yea, a week away! :-)

I don't think these are april fools jokes, but they are pretty clearly digi-bashes.

I'm not sure the images are official, but the info may be. Someone on a japanese site may have bashed together somethign when they heard the rumors.

And, think of the Prime this way, if the awful green is supposed to be Constructicon green, it isn't nearly as bad.
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664152)
Posted by saberconvoy on March 25th, 2008 @ 4:39pm CDT
Bright green convoy, err i was hoping for a little more brown or a army color but its a little to bright for me.
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664176)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 25th, 2008 @ 5:12pm CDT
Springer?
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664198)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on March 25th, 2008 @ 5:40pm CDT
Optimus Prime: Long Haul?
Re: New BT-21 Arcee And Bright Green BT-22 Convoy (664202)
Posted by sethmoth on March 25th, 2008 @ 5:42pm CDT
I think that bright green color indicates that Prime glows in the dark

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Ectotron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop Transformers Grimlock #69 ECCC 2021 Emerald City Comic Con Presale" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the moon studio series barricade topspin road buster loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Super Megatron Takara Tomy Mall TT-GS09 NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Transformers Grimlock #69 ECCC 2021 Emerald City Comic Con PRE ORDER" on EBAY
Buy "Ghostbusters - Transformers Generations Ectotron ECTO-1 with Comic (IN HAND)" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: Transformers VS. G.I. Joe - (GS Exclusive) Cobra Commander & Optimus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron Deluxe Rotorstorm" on EBAY