New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear?

Transformers News: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear?

Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 3:17pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Knock Offs, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 76,215

I-Gear has posted an interesting gallery on their facebook page, this gallery goes by the name of "interesting".
The gallery is of what looks like a prototype for an upcoming classics styled Bumblebee. It is also revealed that this figure's alt-mode is in fact the Volks Wagen New Beetle. It is not known if this is an i-Gear product, something they plan on selling or a project by a completely new toy team.
We have mirrored two images and if you want to check out the full gallery just click here.

Credit(s): Forgotten, i-Gear

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137945)
Posted by Chupacabra Convoy on October 20th, 2010 @ 3:26pm CDT
Reminds me q lot of the proposed binaltech Bumblebee. I wonder if it is a deluxe sized figure. Hopefully it will be reasonably priced.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137955)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on October 20th, 2010 @ 3:41pm CDT
Isnt that head a direct copy of the classics Bumblebee?

Although I do appreciate the attempt at something somewhat original rather than a blatant rip off (faith leader) I think a new head would do it better justice.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137956)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on October 20th, 2010 @ 3:42pm CDT
Isnt that head a direct copy of the classics Bumblebee?

please delete, double post
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137957)
Posted by zodconvoy on October 20th, 2010 @ 3:45pm CDT
This is a straight rip of the Binaltech design.

I am getting less and less cool with iGear. All they're doing now is flat out stealing. With the Masterpiece and the Sharkticons (if those ever see the light of day) I really have no more respect for them anymore. It looks nice but it won't be worth the price point.

0/10
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137960)
Posted by Forgotten on October 20th, 2010 @ 3:50pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:pretty cool, but still not quite right. But it does look like a very early prototype.

Oh and I moved this to the proper forum.

Thanks dude. Was on the fly when I put it up, had to get a customer's screen installed. i think it looks good, but it's going to be deluxe sized & probably will end up being 60+ from iGear. To be honest if it was FP or TFClub doing it I would probably bite on it, but iGear just doesn't scream "trust me i'm worth it" to me. :roll:
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137961)
Posted by Editor on October 20th, 2010 @ 3:55pm CDT
OK. This piece has serious potential to be awesome.

It also is the first piece from igear I might concider. But I have to question their wisdom, creating not just another item that Has/Tak could go after them for, but for one that not only challenges VW to sue them on copyright but attacks them on their "no war toys" stance.

Igear has either a questionable thought process, or balls of steel if this is legit.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137963)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 20th, 2010 @ 4:03pm CDT
Another Bumblebee toy??? Okay... no. I already own the Classics and Generations 'Bee, not to mention several movie versions. Pass, pass and pass.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137965)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 20th, 2010 @ 4:16pm CDT
I get that this is an attempt at a faithful Classics Bumblebee, being the new VW Beetle and all, but it's a crap looking vehicle. The original Beetle looked brilliant and still does. But the new one has too strong a wiff of a hairdresser about it. Giving a Bumblebee figure this alt-mode is an insult to the little man.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137976)
Posted by omega666 on October 20th, 2010 @ 4:43pm CDT
Hey Hasbro, THIS!
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137977)
Posted by Jenus on October 20th, 2010 @ 4:51pm CDT
i-Gear or their partner did a decent job with having no kibble on his arms, but they should have had the roof as his chest not his hood, just doesn't look right. I don't know why know has not thought of hiding the doors on the back side and taking the hood and somehow folding it under the roof now that Bumblebee I would buy.

So far we've now seen .
Ultra Magnus with Trailer (Trailer is coming)
Bumblebee
Arcee
Coneheads

and we already know where these molds will be coming from.
Megatron
Seekers

I wonder who the designs will be stolen from to make the rest of these figures they're messing with.
Devcon
Alpha Trion
Soundwave
Reflector
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137985)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 20th, 2010 @ 5:30pm CDT

That said, I'm very happy with Classics BB. Easy pass for me. Unless it was like the G1 aniamtion model, I don't really see the point. The same people unhappy with Classics BB because it was "too different" will be unhappy with this one for the same reason.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137991)
Posted by Covenant on October 20th, 2010 @ 6:02pm CDT
That head-meets-torso area needs some serious work.

And yes, that's a Classics Bee head.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137995)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 20th, 2010 @ 6:14pm CDT
Meh, I'll stick with my original Classics BB. Mighty tempting though. If I hear he has amazingly good quality control, I may think about buying him. :-?
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1137996)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 20th, 2010 @ 6:15pm CDT
This looks pretty interesting but it kills me when people call Igear ripoffs but love those clear classics prime and seekers on KOToys.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1138011)
Posted by Axalon_Prime on October 20th, 2010 @ 6:54pm CDT
Anyone else thinks it looks like the BB on the last page of funpubs first botcon comic, decent into evil I think it was?
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1138013)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 20th, 2010 @ 7:01pm CDT
Rodimus723 wrote:I just recently thought about someone taking the designs for Alternators Bumblebee and Cliffjumper and make them to Alternators/Binaltech scale. Obviously no sigil or Volkswagen logo.

Ask and ye shall recieve, although we don't know if it will be in scale.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1138037)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 20th, 2010 @ 8:40pm CDT
They're going to ruin it for everyone. I can feel it.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1138058)
Posted by Rated X on October 20th, 2010 @ 10:03pm CDT
Looks 100 times better than that M&M looking war for cybertron crappy figure we got...
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1138061)
Posted by Jenus on October 20th, 2010 @ 10:24pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:If they're making it all themselves, exactly how it it stealing in this case? It might be based off the Alternators sketch, but .... so what? There's a BIG difference between making a toy based off a sketch or animation model and downsizing an existing one.

Ok well how about this then, check this link out below I just found by search Alt Bumblebee on google because it looked familiar to something I though I have seen before and I was right.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons- ... t-4-a.html

Now i-Gear is not only using 3rd party items, Hasbro/Takara products, but even the customizers of transformers and that was already shown with the conehead seekers they're working on.

I know that they could have bought the mold off him though I think they should really be giving him so sort of credit. Just getting tired of seeing unoriginal stuff through them, but it is nice they are able to distribute customizers items, again they really need to say who the creator was so that individual gets a certain percentage of the credit and not just i-Gear receiving it all.
Re: New Bumblebee figure by i-Gear? (1138063)
Posted by tarZen on October 20th, 2010 @ 10:26pm CDT
Looks way off. They copy the Binaltech design and stick a Classic head in (saves even more development time?) which is way too small. The original design sketch looks good, but the proportions on this one is all wrong.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #243 - Mega Teeth
"Mega Teeth"
Posted: Saturday, March 21st, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Figures Toys Lot ~ Robots in Disguise ~ Bulkhead ~ Play Online McD'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Autobot Chromia action Figure ROTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Mini-Con Deployers Decepticon Fracture & Airazor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ELITA-1 Power of the Primes Figure boy toy New in box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Surge Optimus Prime and Aerobolt..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bulkhead Voyager New MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Blast Off G2 Bruticus Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Instructions ONLY" on EBAY