Friday, August 4th, 2017 9:19am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 16,979

We have some new Transformers sightings for Canadians. The most popular out of these is probably Overlord. And a sighting in Canada means him appearing in the US can't be too long from now.

-Kanrabat- wrote:LEADER TLK OPTIMUS AND MEGATRON AT TOY'S 'R US ONLINE!

Both are a whopping 75$CAN each.

Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders

Megatron

And while we're at it, RC Squeek too for 100$CAN.

RC Sqweeks is also found at Walmart stores across the country. Speaking of Canadian Walmart stores, this is also where Titans return overlord has just been spotted by cybertron.ca user Ridiculousrobot in St. Cattherine's, Ontario.

Credit(s): Kanrabat and Ridiculousrobot

Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1901917)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 4th, 2017 @ 10:00am CDT
I don't know how much it costs to do it in Canada but here in the UK you can buy Hasbro's half-hearted and massively overpriced TLK Leader Prime for £64.99 or you can pay £69.99 (plus a few quid postage) and get the far superior Calibur Optimus Prime version from online retailers such as Kapow. Which means you get the Armor Knight modifications to the arms, chest and the head (with battle mask feature) plus the big new axe, and the removable backpack that turns into a cool shield. All topped off with a lovely vibrant much more screen accurate paint scheme with the flames on the chest and arms the Hasbro figure doesn't have. Is really no contest.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902089)
Posted by shajaki on August 4th, 2017 @ 6:59pm CDT
Got my TRU MP-10 today!
There's a couple Hasbro TRU coupons floating around, good till end of August, $20 off and 10% off. They're not supposed to be used in tandem, but my cashier didn't know apparently!

I highly suggest you take advantage of these coupons. And with the proof above (my pic of the receipt) then you should be able to double up like I did too! Print out the pics below, they won't accept them in store unless you have them on paper.

Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902192)
Posted by Deadput on August 5th, 2017 @ 2:50am CDT
Just took a trip to Walmart tonight and I was surprised I found the wave 5 deluxes in my city here in Lethbridge and they had. 2 Twintwists, 2 Wolfwire's, 1 Misfire and 1 Windblade.

They also have 7 Skyshadows as well but he's been here awhile.

You guys might also get a kick out of what I also found in the store. (I'm taking it back I just bought it so I could take a photo)
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902467)
Posted by william-james88 on August 6th, 2017 @ 7:56pm CDT
We have good news and bad news for Canadian collectors. The good news is that the Toysrus Exclusive Transformers The last Knight Deluxes have been found at Toysrus stores in Canada. We are referring to Skullitron and Megatron. The bad news is that unlike the $30 deluxes from the mainline, these are $40. Considering that they are on shelves right next to Titans Return deluxes which currently still sell at $20, this marks for a 100% increase in price from the standard deluxe price point that can still be found in stores for both Generations Titans Return and Robots in Disguise toys. $40 is also the current price for voyager class Movie line toys in Canada, which means that these exclusive deluxes cost as much as movie voyagers (which are already pricier than Genrations Voyagers at $30). And unlike mainline toys, these exclusives cannot be price matched since no other retailer is selling them.

It should be noted that in the US, the exclusives are the very same price as the non exclusive deluxes and that their price in the US, which is $20 USD, would be the equivalent to $25 CDN with current exchange rates. These were found by cybertron.ca user Dak in Toronto.

Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902476)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 6th, 2017 @ 8:40pm CDT
Come the :michaelbay: on, Hasbro!
How much will the Primus go for? 500$?
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902484)
Posted by WreckerJack on August 6th, 2017 @ 9:09pm CDT
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902487)
Posted by shajaki on August 6th, 2017 @ 9:56pm CDT
When it comes to prices, I'm probably one of the least vocal people here. But this? This is truly sickening.

$#%^ off TRU. >:oP
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902488)
Posted by TFanPage101 on August 6th, 2017 @ 10:04pm CDT
I haven't bought a single Last Knight toy without a sale, what makes them think I'm gonna buy these? HaHa.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902489)
Posted by william-james88 on August 6th, 2017 @ 10:23pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:TRU usually has higher prices anyways. I'd never buy anything there unless I can price match or they have a super sale.

yeah but the prices here are even higher than Toysrus.com, almost double the price. And there is no price matching with exclusive.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902492)
Posted by Rated X on August 6th, 2017 @ 11:00pm CDT
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902506)
Posted by Prime Target on August 7th, 2017 @ 4:35am CDT
Bullshit! I feel sorry for Canadian fans to have to pay this. They're 30 here in AUS same as the standard "Premier Edition" deluxes that are already stupidly priced and I think both of the repaints look like shit. i'm gonna wait for Steelbane , the other megs and Dreadwing thanks
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902507)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 7th, 2017 @ 4:36am CDT
Rated X wrote:I agree that is a rip off by TRU in Canada. But on the flip side, free government heath insurance leaves a nice chunk of hobby money. So the grass is not always greener on the other side of the border.

Please Americans, stop with that cliché. Our "free" healthcare is anything but free. We have taxes rates and sales taxes that are double or triple what you pay. We get bleed dry by our government just so we have our social programs.

So yeah, each times an American say "but yuh free healtcuurrr", I roll my eyes. >:oP
Ha ha ha ha! "Free". Yeah, right.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902509)
Posted by Kurona on August 7th, 2017 @ 4:47am CDT
Guys, please. This is enough of a joke as is without needing to bring Politics into it.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902534)
Posted by cruizerdave on August 7th, 2017 @ 9:44am CDT
Or don't support the Bayformers machine at all.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902589)
Posted by Solrac333 on August 7th, 2017 @ 1:21pm CDT
The answer is simple. DON'T BUY THEM.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902593)
Posted by william-james88 on August 7th, 2017 @ 1:27pm CDT
omega666 wrote:The answer is simple. DON'T BUY THEM.

Its not that simple when these are toys we want. I want these toys and I would gladly buy them if the price was reasonable. It kind of breaks my heart to see toys I want on the shelves with prices I simply cant bring myself to accept.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902632)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 7th, 2017 @ 5:33pm CDT
cruizerdave wrote:They know that they are going to have to clearance these things off at a loss in six months, so they are gouging the fools that will pay any amount for this junk now. Just wait until they're marked down to five dollars and pick up what you want.
Or don't support the Bayformers machine at all.

Come on, don't be an obtuse "Bay-hater". Those toys brought some INCREDIBLE designs and revitalised the Transformers franchise akin to Beast Wars. Heck, if I'm collecting like a psycho right now is all thanks to the 2007 Movie.

So yeah, the classic "Bay-Hater" is cut from the same cloth as the legendary "Truck-not-Monkey" guys.

We will just do as we all usually do. don't have the desire strong enough to get the thing RIGHT NOW no matter the price? Wait for a sale or clearance. That's it, that's all. That's how I feel for the MP-Movie Bee. and if I miss out, big deal.

However, I could NOT wait or risk missing out on Voyager Megatron. Thank God for rainchecks but if I would have none, I would have paid the full 40$+tx without regrets.

Still, those Movie TrU exclusive sure have their prices ridiculously jacked up. Luckily, I have no interests in those. None at all.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902661)
Posted by UltraMarginal on August 7th, 2017 @ 8:15pm CDT
Prime Target wrote:****! I feel sorry for Canadian fans to have to pay this. They're 30 here in AUS same as the standard "Premier Edition" deluxes that are already stupidly priced and I think both of the repaints look like ****. i'm gonna wait for Steelbane , the other megs and Dreadwing thanks

Uh, maybe you were lucky and got one at the wrong price.
TRU AUstralia is selling the exclusive deluxes at $40, the exclusive legion 2 packs are $30 and the exclusive infernocus is $70.

Just like our Canadian Brothers TRU thinks we're easy money, perhaps to some degree they are right (Once the movie promotion at the front was changed to something else I couldn't find a Skullitron at TRU Castle Hill)
I've picked all these up twice now and put them back on the shelf unable to bring myself to pay these prices, especially after the reviews that Skullitron has been getting. I'm hoping now that they hang around long enough for a proper sale price.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902664)
Posted by Aimless Misfire on August 7th, 2017 @ 8:57pm CDT

Remember back when they blamed the price hikes on oil prices? Well oil prices dropped but Hasbro's prices keep rising.
Re: New Canadian Transformers Sigthings: Titans Return Overlord, RC Sqweeks and TLK Leaders (1902665)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 7th, 2017 @ 8:59pm CDT
Aimless Misfire wrote:This also marks a really good time to start making plans to quit collecting Transformers. Hasbro now sells broken toys (Trypticon & Dragonstorm), horrible QC, cheap crappy materials & charges scalper prices. This is going to continue, not gonna get better.

There is THOUSANDS of great Transformers that have been released over the years. Even if one stop buying the new stuff, one is still NOT done collecting.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY