New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade

New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade

Friday, April 30th, 2010 2:36pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 64,401

Activision sends more new info to Seibertron.com on War for Cybertron. To view high definition CGI renders of Warpath and Barricade, plus character bios on the both of them, scroll down:

WARPATH

Autobot

Class: Soldier

Chassis: Tank

Primary Weapon: Neutron Repeater

Abilities: Guided Missile, Barrier

Description: Warpath is loud, confident, skilled and devoted to his fellow Autobots. He is also partially deaf from his amazingly large cannon. His favorite past time is showing his friends how he can split a hex nut a mile and a half away with his tank gun. Extremely well armored to go along with his extreme stubbornness and thick skull, Warpath always loves to press the battle to the Decepticons.

BARRICADE

Decepticon

Class: Scout

Chassis: Car

Primary Weapon: Neutron Repeater

Abilities: Shockwave, Cloak

Description: Barricade is a true speed demon, powering his engine to speeds faster than some jets. He is a brutal leader on the battlefield, scolding Decepticons that do not perform up to his and Megatron’s standards. His favorite tactic is to goad Autobots into transforming and chasing him, then taking the Autobots on fatal routes that only he can navigate.

Credit(s): Activision

Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069553)
Posted by craggy on April 30th, 2010 @ 3:02pm CDT
looking good, but if Warpath has the same speech patterns as his G1 namesake, I really hope I get to kill him.
Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069558)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 30th, 2010 @ 3:09pm CDT
OK is it just me or are the character designs starting to look the same?
I see these two guys for the first time and think to myself "Didn't I see these guys like ten times before?"

I mean I like the aesthetics, I just think they look really similar.
Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069561)
Posted by VioMeTriX on April 30th, 2010 @ 3:20pm CDT
the seekers all look the same, yet no one complains. but yes i do see what you are talking about on a couple decepticon cars.
Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069571)
Posted by vegetacron on April 30th, 2010 @ 3:52pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:OK is it just me or are the character designs starting to look the same?

I mean I like the aesthetics, I just think they look really similar.

Actually, in all the footage and screenshots i've seen, warpath is pretty original. Barricade...not so much.
Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069583)
Posted by Convotron on April 30th, 2010 @ 4:58pm CDT
I'm lukewarm to Barricade's design(maybe it's the odd pose and issues with polygons and bad perspective) but Warpath looks pretty neat.
Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069638)
Posted by Craven Knight on April 30th, 2010 @ 7:59pm CDT
I really dislike the art design here, the whole angular, clunky boots & forearms thing is lame, it's like they were designed to run on hardware from a decade ago.

Compared to the awesome graphics and design of other robot games (like Armored Core) this one just seems very lazy in both design and execution.

Also them making certain characters store exclusives is a dick move.
Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069765)
Posted by originaldave77 on May 1st, 2010 @ 5:34am CDT

This is probably also why Transformers: Robot Heroes was renamed Transformers Animated, a name that kind of sullied the franchise a bit.
Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069769)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 1st, 2010 @ 6:52am CDT
originaldave77 wrote:I have a theory that Michael Bay/Hasbro stipulated that non-movie franchises have to differentiate themselves to a large extent to avoid confusion. The character designs from this game probably had to meet that criteria, which meant the block design and use of 'Batman Forever' neon in the characters.

Nope, just look at idw's current G1 comics. High Moon also said they wanted their TFs to look way different from the movies.

Robot Heroes is a SD line of figurines, TF animated was originally going to be called Heroes and look similar to Transtech, but Derrick Wyatt's designs allowed for smother animation and gave the show a distinct look fitting in with Cartoon Network's style.
Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069772)
Posted by Oilspill on May 1st, 2010 @ 7:20am CDT

I mean I like the aesthetics, I just think they look really similar.

I can see what you mean in Barricade(who?), but I think Warpath looks extremely unique (and awesome).
I think I've found who I'm going to take on as many missions as possible.
Re: New CGI Renders of War for Cybertron Warpath and Barricade (1069872)
Posted by AutobotOutlaw on May 1st, 2010 @ 3:05pm CDT
I think some of the characters designs looking the same fits right in with the Transformers universe. Transformers has always had characters with similar appearances, and in the game its clear they will be reusing body types just with slightly different skins on top. If there are two bots that turn into cars chances are they might look alike, but that is something we've gotten used to with our Transformers.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Deluxe Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TLK Skullitron NEW MISB - TRU Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Skywarp Phantomstrike  Squadron WFC-S27 War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War For Cybertron,FIREDRIVE,TOPSHOT&FLAK,BLACKJACK&HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY