New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons

Sunday, November 8th, 2015 4:21am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 56,597

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Adding to the previously reported Transformers: Robots in Disguise clips we saw here, the official Hasbro site for the show has uploaded a couple more (Back and Forth, The Tragedy of Slipstream, Two Plus Two Equals More, A Level Playing Field), showcasing the new Cyclone mini-cons entering the scene in Season 2 - check them out over here!

Credit(s): Hasbro


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1739970)
Posted by Flashwave on November 8th, 2015 @ 1:24pm CST
Sweet, but I wonder if this means the Cyclones are Short-only characters or if this will have any impact on S2. My guess, is not.

Regardless, I love seeing the Minicons, usually backup characters, get the spotlight. And the Cyclones with the turret guns make we wana dig out my Armada Dead-End figure now...
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1739996)
Posted by Whifflefire on November 8th, 2015 @ 4:50pm CST
That was great! Cute and hilarious. "I invoke THE POWER OF DIBS!" Hope we see more of these guys in the new season.
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1740012)
Posted by DeadCaL on November 8th, 2015 @ 5:53pm CST
If that's not Welker doing the Cyclones, it's someone doing a very good impression ;-)
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1740027)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 8th, 2015 @ 7:00pm CST
Oh those shorts were great! Love the minicons here :BOT:
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1740086)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 8th, 2015 @ 8:57pm CST
Yeah, when it was just the first two clips by themselves they seemed like preview clips for a season 2 episode, but now that we see all six videos together forming a complete story of their own, this was probably just a series of shorts rather than chopped up previews for a new episode.

Though, "The Tragedy of Slipstream" gave a nice nod to the Binder of Revelation's saying that Mini-Cons were native to Cybertron's moon by the short's depiction of Slipstream as having originally lived on Luna-1.
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1740181)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 9th, 2015 @ 9:53am CST
I love how Airazor says "Sometimes he smiles!" when referring to Fracture in Back and Forth. This was a very entertaining set of shorts, but I doubt that they're previews for anything in season two.
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1740183)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 9th, 2015 @ 10:17am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:I love how Airazor says "Sometimes he smiles!" when referring to Fracture in Back and Forth. This was a very entertaining set of shorts, but I doubt that they're previews for anything in season two.


Yeah, this is a lot of fun if you're a fan of the mini Cons. They've got a very Rumble/Frenzy Vibe of mouthy trouble makers. Plus it's neat to see internal loyalty with the Cons, like Groundpounder had to Headlock or Terrashock had to his boss.
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1740845)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 11th, 2015 @ 11:52pm CST
Shuttershock wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I love how Airazor says "Sometimes he smiles!" when referring to Fracture in Back and Forth. This was a very entertaining set of shorts, but I doubt that they're previews for anything in season two.


Yeah, this is a lot of fun if you're a fan of the mini Cons. They've got a very Rumble/Frenzy Vibe of mouthy trouble makers. Plus it's neat to see internal loyalty with the Cons, like Groundpounder had to Headlock or Terrashock had to his boss.


Come to think of it, it's interesting how RiD's marketing division is pushing the minicon theme. This series of shorts, the game update, the recent additions to the toyline....do I smell an arc for season two? :-?
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1740848)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 12th, 2015 @ 12:13am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I love how Airazor says "Sometimes he smiles!" when referring to Fracture in Back and Forth. This was a very entertaining set of shorts, but I doubt that they're previews for anything in season two.


Yeah, this is a lot of fun if you're a fan of the mini Cons. They've got a very Rumble/Frenzy Vibe of mouthy trouble makers. Plus it's neat to see internal loyalty with the Cons, like Groundpounder had to Headlock or Terrashock had to his boss.


Come to think of it, it's interesting how RiD's marketing division is pushing the minicon theme. This series of shorts, the game update, the recent additions to the toyline....do I smell an arc for season two? :-?


And then Season 3 gets cut down and sublined "Minicon Hunters" arbitrarily...

Wait...
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1740849)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 12th, 2015 @ 12:22am CST
Shuttershock wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I love how Airazor says "Sometimes he smiles!" when referring to Fracture in Back and Forth. This was a very entertaining set of shorts, but I doubt that they're previews for anything in season two.


Yeah, this is a lot of fun if you're a fan of the mini Cons. They've got a very Rumble/Frenzy Vibe of mouthy trouble makers. Plus it's neat to see internal loyalty with the Cons, like Groundpounder had to Headlock or Terrashock had to his boss.


Come to think of it, it's interesting how RiD's marketing division is pushing the minicon theme. This series of shorts, the game update, the recent additions to the toyline....do I smell an arc for season two? :-?


And then Season 3 gets cut down and sublined "Minicon Hunters" arbitrarily...

Wait...

:lol: See what you did there.

Would be kinda cool to have the minicons featured prominently like that though in season 2. Especially the weapon minicons. Imagine if Bee finally got a minicon after all these years :BOT:
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1740919)
Posted by PrymeStriker on November 12th, 2015 @ 12:56pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I love how Airazor says "Sometimes he smiles!" when referring to Fracture in Back and Forth. This was a very entertaining set of shorts, but I doubt that they're previews for anything in season two.


Yeah, this is a lot of fun if you're a fan of the mini Cons. They've got a very Rumble/Frenzy Vibe of mouthy trouble makers. Plus it's neat to see internal loyalty with the Cons, like Groundpounder had to Headlock or Terrashock had to his boss.


Come to think of it, it's interesting how RiD's marketing division is pushing the minicon theme. This series of shorts, the game update, the recent additions to the toyline....do I smell an arc for season two? :-?


And then Season 3 gets cut down and sublined "Minicon Hunters" arbitrarily...

Wait...

:lol: See what you did there.

Would be kinda cool to have the minicons featured prominently like that though in season 2. Especially the weapon minicons. Imagine if Bee finally got a minicon after all these years :BOT:


Plot twist - his minicon is Sam Witwicky.
Bumblebee: Deploy!
Sam Witwicky: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1741822)
Posted by o.supreme on November 16th, 2015 @ 9:17am CST
Shuttershock wrote:And then Season 3 gets cut down and sublined "Minicon Hunters" arbitrarily...

Wait...


silly robot... thinking this show is going to get a 3rd season...
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1741824)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 16th, 2015 @ 9:29am CST
o.supreme wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:And then Season 3 gets cut down and sublined "Minicon Hunters" arbitrarily...

Wait...


silly robot... thinking this show is going to get a 3rd season...


Image
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1741916)
Posted by psj333 on November 16th, 2015 @ 2:16pm CST
What's interesting to me in the Mandarin dub of the series is that Filch and Quillfire have voices that sound very identical to one another. This leads me to believe that they are voiced by the same voice actor as opposed to the original version by Constance Zimmer and Andy Miller. What is the name of this Chinese voice actor? Was Filch supposed to be female in the first place? :CON:
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1743296)
Posted by Va'al on November 21st, 2015 @ 4:08am CST
Following the recent release of episodes 1-5 of Transformers: Robots in Disguise on DVD, Shout! Factory are ready for February and the arrival of the next collected bunch of episodes 6-10 in the new animated series. Find out more information here and below!

Synopsis

Your favorite robots in disguise — Bumblebee, Strongarm, Sideswipe and Grimlock — along with their human allies, Denny and Russell, return with five new adventures, continuing their quest to recapture the band of evil Decepticon prisoners that have escaped and hidden on Earth!

Bonus Features

Toy Featurette

Episode Episode Title
1 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): True Colors
2 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): Adventures In Bumblebee-Sitting!
3 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): Even Robots Have Nightmares
4 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): Some Body, Any Body
5 Transformers Robots In Disguise (2015): The Trouble With Fixit

Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1743346)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2015 @ 10:38am CST
Are they not doing season sets for this show on purpose?
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1743352)
Posted by william-james88 on November 21st, 2015 @ 10:55am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Are they not doing season sets for this show on purpose?


Well, this has been s format from way back. I used to go with my mom to rent beast wars vhs tapes when i was a wee one and they only contained 3-4 episodes.
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1743353)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2015 @ 10:59am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Are they not doing season sets for this show on purpose?


Well, this has been s format from way back. I used to go with my mom to rent beast wars vhs tapes when i was a wee one and they only contained 3-4 episodes.
Yrah, but that was back before season sets really existed as commonplace as they do now. VHS tapes couldn't as easily support as many episodes as DVD discs can.
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1743406)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 21st, 2015 @ 2:12pm CST
Same happened to a show I watched back in 09-11. They season 1 was 2 6-episode volumes, then the other 14 were on another DVD, and then Season 2 could be bought either in 5 different volumes or as a collection :BOT:
Re: New Clips - Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2 and Mini-Cons (1743779)
Posted by o.supreme on November 23rd, 2015 @ 9:34am CST
There seems to be a market shift. Unfortunately as DVD and physical media is dying off, distributors make "impulse" purchase DVD's with a small sample of episodes. This is good for parents to purchase for kids I guess, but also I think is trying to coerce individuals to purchase whole seasons from online sources such as Amazon. I am sorry, but... I am not going to pay $2 per episode for something I don't have physical access to.

S!F came through with full season Blu Rays for TF : Prime ,thankfully, but to this day, there are no full season sets of Rescue Bots which my son would love, thankfully they are not Netflix currently...

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Grimlock (Sealed) Deluxe Class" on EBAY
Buy "Voyager Motormaster | Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE NIGHT OPS BUMBLEBEE, Hyper 3 step changer 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots in Disguise Crash Combiner Skyhammer sky hammer" on EBAY
Buy "JETFIRE Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 86-06 Leader Grimlock and Autobot Wheelie IN STOCK!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Autobot Jetfire Commander Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Bulkhead Robots In Disguise Autobot 2011 NIB NEW" on EBAY