New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered

Transformers News: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered

Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 1:26PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 13,656

Fellow Seibertronian JelZe Goldrabbit has pointed us towards another post with stock images on the Autobase Aichi blog, this time covering what is still trying to be part of the tail-end of the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends line, in the LG-EX Big Powered set! The figure, as seen previously, is a composite and combined form of Overlord/Sky Shadow, Twintwist and Misfire, all from Titans Return / Legends standing in Cybertron Powered Masters Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, and Roadfire from Transformers Zone.

The new image is small, and grainy, since it comes from the randomized display of figures on Takaratomy Mall but it is in colour, and you can check it out below! Let us know what you think in the discussion boards too.

Credit(s): Snakas

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988326)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2018 @ 1:42pm CDT
Don't forget that Sonic Bomber is also an extensive retool of TR Misfire.
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988334)
Posted by Skritz on October 9th, 2018 @ 2:09pm CDT
Sure, this combined mode may look goofy but it is accurate (to a point) to the original. That said, the level of retooling which went into these has me truly excited as they are all made from three excellent TR molds. :-D
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988341)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 9th, 2018 @ 2:44pm CDT
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988344)
Posted by Randomhero on October 9th, 2018 @ 3:00pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So, any guesses on how much these guys are going to cost? If I can somehow get it for about $150 or less, I'm in. Unfortunately being a LG-EX, I suspect it may be more.

The mall has them listed for 16200 Yen or $143.33
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988355)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 9th, 2018 @ 3:49pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

The mall has them listed for 16200 Yen or $143.33

I would pay that no sweat! If it turned to be that same retail price as the recently released Ecore God Fire Convoy.... :BANG_HEAD: ....yes I would still pay it! :VEHI:
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988358)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 9th, 2018 @ 3:58pm CDT
I'd much rather wait for a Hasbro release, as unlikely as it may seem. Some renaming may be in order tho: King Atlas, Autobot Roadfire... and anything that doesn't have "Sonic" (gotta go fast!) and "Bomber" (for the sensitive types).
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988360)
Posted by o.supreme on October 9th, 2018 @ 4:03pm CDT
this may truly be a case of a toy priced higher than the sum of it's parts. ;)

The average "leader" figure for Titans returns (in :TAKARATOMY: Legends) was about $70 (considering 3p retail sites after shipping etc...), the standard "deluxe" were about $35, but always included a Titan Master.

There was only one Leader EX (Greatshot) and goes for about $95. If we guesstimate a "Deluxe EX" would between $40-$50, that comes out to between $170-$190 (for stores like BBTS TF Source etc...) I'm personally hoping it's more conservative, around $160. But Maybe they'll split the difference at $175.

I'm only stating this because there is no direct way (I'm aware of) for fans outside japan to order from :TAKARATOMY: mall is there? And even if there were. $143, after shipping, import taxes etc... would probably be close to $170 anyway.

I would love Hasbro to release this, but considering they never did any of the other EX releases I'm doubtful, unless "Brand Unification" really does mean things can o both ways. Someone should have asked Warden at NYCC. Maybe at ToyFare?
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988374)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 9th, 2018 @ 5:23pm CDT
Takara Tomy mall? Guess I can stop checking out Amazon Japan
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988380)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 9th, 2018 @ 5:58pm CDT
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988382)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 9th, 2018 @ 6:04pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Those colors are sharp! Here's hoping we do get an eventual TFsource or BBTS preorder

They almost always do get in Takara Tomy Mall "exclusives," so I wouldn't worry about this set being available for pre-order soon at US online retail.
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988384)
Posted by Randomhero on October 9th, 2018 @ 6:05pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:this may truly be a case of a toy priced higher than the sum of it's parts. ;)

I’m sure Wardens response woulda been “they’re making what?”

It’ll be available through online retailers. Half warriors unite were mall exclusives and everyone carried them.

Can’t really argue that the price doesn’t match the sum of the parts when it’s a mall exclusive Takara legends deadlock was $90, same as convobat and TFCC was charging $90 for an exclusive deluxe a couple years ago.
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988391)
Posted by william-james88 on October 9th, 2018 @ 6:56pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Takara Tomy mall? Guess I can stop checking out Amazon Japan

You could have stopped the moment you read the words LGEX
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988392)
Posted by william-james88 on October 9th, 2018 @ 6:59pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

I’m sure Wardens response woulda been “they’re making what?”

I get what you mean, but the better examples are Grand Max and Unite Warriors Galvatron. The two you mentionned were e-hobby exclusives, not TTMall exclusives.
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988396)
Posted by Randomhero on October 9th, 2018 @ 7:09pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

I’m sure Wardens response woulda been “they’re making what?”

I agree but you know what I mean. Being an exclusive bumps the price and it’s a debate whether that’s justified or not. For me it’s just chunks of plastic and sometimes it’s worth it sometimes not. I think I’ll get this. Still need to get Greatshot... I hated victory, still a series I can’t get through but I do like Dai Atlas and I do enjoy those molds
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988404)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2018 @ 8:17pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:I’m sure Wardens response woulda been “they’re making what?”
Nah, that would've been Archer's response. Warden's a JG1 fan. His response would probably be something like "That set is really cool. We've got some cool stuff too. Check this out..." and then he'd turn our attention to the known Hasbro stuff. ;) :oops: :-P
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988410)
Posted by Randomhero on October 9th, 2018 @ 8:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I’m sure Wardens response woulda been “they’re making what?”

He can say it’s cool but yeah we’d more than likely to not get it. Box sets don’t sell well, that’s why we don’t get them anymore it also just comes down to if Takara would share their retools. While we are in a time when Takara and Hasbro are unifying the brand, the legends stuff is still Takara doing their own thing. How long did it take to get the Blast off figure? Hasbro filly admitted for years “Yeah we don’t know if we’ll be releasing that” eventually we did but it took a couple years
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988414)
Posted by william-james88 on October 9th, 2018 @ 9:14pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

The mall has them listed for 16200 Yen or $143.33

Do you have a link?
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988415)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2018 @ 9:18pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I’m sure Wardens response woulda been “they’re making what?”

At the same time, much of that was also likely Hasbro trying to keep people interested in buying their own product (e.g. - CW jet Blast Off) over Takara's version for as long as possible.

Recall how UW Computron was unveiled by Takara at roughly the same time that Hasbro revealed CW Computron at BotCon 2016. When at that con, I asked Warden if there were any feelings towards Takara potentially stealing their thunder by revealing the much more extensively retooled and more G1-accurate UW version that same weekend. Warden cheerfully chuckled at the thought and went right into insisting on how cool the CW version was and all that it had to offer over the UW version.
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988417)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2018 @ 9:31pm CDT
Re: New Colour Image of Takara Tomy Transformers LG-EX Big Powered (1988419)
Posted by william-james88 on October 9th, 2018 @ 9:35pm CDT
Thanks Sabr, grabbing that now

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Electronic Voice Mixer Helmet Mask Hasbro 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Studio Series - Lockdown - #11 - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Studio Series - Blackout - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Voyager Lot - (Optimus Prime, Megatron, And Nitro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors club 2006 Dawn of Future past Timelines Airazor Botcon" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS HASBRO 2014 AUTOBOT SCATTERSHOT 3 BETATRON LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall **BRAND NEW**" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY