New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2

New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2

Monday, July 27th, 2020 3:04pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 28,993

Greetings Seibertronians! Following a heads up from fellow Seibertron users, transformers_va and -WonkoTheSane-, we've learned that our first look at the recently teased new version of Masterpiece Starscream.

The first image comes from the TagHobby website, who took the sketch from Figure King #270 Magazine, where it was first published.

Transformers News: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2

Meanwhile, the Transformers Never Die (TFND) fan facebook page, have posted sketches of the side, front, And back of the design of the figure. These are believed to have also come from Figure King magazine.

While this is the third version of Starscream to be released, this is being advertised as the second version of the character, as MP-11 was a retool of MP-03.

What do you think of these new designs? Will you be picking up this new version of the treacherous second in command? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): transformers_va and -WonkoTheSane- from Seibertron, TagHobby, TFND facebook page

Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073872)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on July 27th, 2020 @ 3:29pm CDT

Unfortunately he’s probably gonna be pricey AF, and that’s just gonna make it harder to try and get the inevitable other seekers..

:CON:
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073878)
Posted by Emerje on July 27th, 2020 @ 3:58pm CDT
Looks like they're treading a thin line between cartoon accuracy and not, just being a nice transforming jet. I suspect it'll be possible to leave the tail wings out for those that like that, can't think of any reason why that wouldn't be optional (I'm sure certain negative types can think of a list of reasons).

Emerje
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073882)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on July 27th, 2020 @ 4:06pm CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:It’s a little difficult to see what’s going on totally with the backpack, but Screamer doesn’t look to bad overall. Can’t wait to see the alternate faces and accessories he’ll come with, really hoping they include the crown and cape too

:CON:

I know lots of accessories are becoming standard, but I wish it wasn't... A couple alternate faces for varied expression, a couple that are well-known items from the show, and that should be it.
Leave it to 3P to make crown and cape sets...
I'm saying this because I don't want any extras driving the price up; I'm really hoping this isn't over $260-$280... It's like those $120 Lego sets; gets very difficult to justify that chunk of change for a toy no matter how good it looks.
Then to think there will be 5 more MP's released with basically this same mold...

I'm very anxious to see painted shots... There are more and more figures I'd consider getting if I were to pass on this guy on top of what I know I want and what's possibly going to come in the SS '86 line.
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073895)
Posted by 84everfan on July 27th, 2020 @ 5:05pm CDT
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073903)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 27th, 2020 @ 6:02pm CDT
At the moment I'm preferring the positionable wings of the original to be able to set them back/at angles but seeing the figure rather thn the line art will help more. I'd be happy for him to not include cape/crown and flight stand. I'll wait an see on the price before complaining though he's probably going to be three times the originals rrp.

Doesnt seem to be missing vital bits like the Baynus Mp version 2s lack of thrusters so that's a big plus.
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073904)
Posted by Burn on July 27th, 2020 @ 6:44pm CDT
84everfan wrote:Seriously though, you people have got to stop complaining.

nah, we'll complain and you can either scroll on or get over it. Ironically, you're in another thread complaining about Funko Pops. So I guess it's okay for you to complain but not others huh? :-?
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073905)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 27th, 2020 @ 6:53pm CDT
OK, so my bet for this figure:

Price: $300-325

Accessories: 3 alternate faces, a crown, a cape, a Megatron gun, a stand/flight stand, and probably 3 other accessories I don't know about
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073917)
Posted by First-Aid on July 27th, 2020 @ 7:13pm CDT
Oh look. Another seeker mold. Wheee.

>:oP

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:OK, so my bet for this figure:

Price: $300-325

I don't think they will hit that price. I can't see die-cast in this figure like in Prime.
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073919)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on July 27th, 2020 @ 7:15pm CDT
84everfan wrote:Boy oh boy another mp for everyone to complain about the price but buy anyway. Yeah these things are exclusively for cartoon accuracy and playability and nostalgia. And it looks gorgeous. Cannot wait to see it in color. Seriously though, you people have got to stop complaining.

To at least be fair, the MP line has seen a huge price increase since the shift to make the figures looks off-the-screen accurate. It started around the time MP Ironhide came out, if I'm not mistaken.

I mean, look at Bumblebee. The first MP Bee was only 60-70 dollars, AND he came with a complete transforming exosuit Spike/Daniel.
The new MP Bee is 120 dollars, comes with no exosuit, and in my opinion looks like someone stepped on Bumblebee's character model.

There's a LOT of extra engineering going into these new guys to make them as screen accurate as possible, and I don't think it's wrong to acknowledge this and not be a big fan of it.
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073921)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on July 27th, 2020 @ 7:24pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:Oh look. Another seeker mold. Wheee.

>:oP

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:OK, so my bet for this figure:

Price: $300-325

ALSO THIS. Yeah it's always exciting to get new MP news but... Another Seeker, another wave of only 84/85 Decepticons.
Exhaust and Loudpedal shouldn't be the only examples that don't fit under that category.

The MP line really should try to increase its Decepticon representation with new characters.

Masterpiece insecticons anyone?
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073930)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on July 27th, 2020 @ 10:02pm CDT
Careful what you wish for, they might hear that we want more Decepticons and remake Shockwave.
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073933)
Posted by 84everfan on July 27th, 2020 @ 10:17pm CDT
I'm 18 years old and I currently don't have a job or a car, or a whole lot of friends, and I'm willing to admit that so I don't sound like a hypocrite. I'm doing what I can to get by. I shouldn't have to be explaining this to 30 something year olds with significantly more stable lives than me. If you want "fun" for a fair price, then go sit in the corner and play with your CHUGS while the rest of us would rather save up for the sake of accuracy than settle for mediocre figures for children. Reflector being an exception.

I'm having none of that "refraktor" nonsense. So when I see people like jobbythehong complaining about backpacks saying things like #backlivesmatter it pisses me off. You're not displaying it from behind. I don't think there's much I can say else, but I'm sick of you people complaining.
We may be paying them but we should be lucky for what they do give us even though we all want our mp jazzes and galvatron's and what not. And yeah maybe they do suck at priorities, but let's cut them some slack and save our complaints for things like the scourge that is one step changers.
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073955)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 28th, 2020 @ 3:10am CDT
84everfan wrote:be explaining this to 30 something year olds with significantly more stable lives than me.

Sorry to break it to you, but a lot of 30 somethings have even less stable lives :(
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073971)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 28th, 2020 @ 7:40am CDT
84everfan wrote:For those of you wondering about the price hike in mp figures,they're trying to be as cartoon accurate as possible. And if you look at the character designs they should not be able transform into anything. But the amount of separate parts that need to be individually molded and produced? That stuff costs money people. They have to make NEW machines for that sh*t. New molds. It's not greed, it's upkeep. It's what puts figures on the shelves for you people. And if you want accuracy in both robot and alt modes, you're gonna get an increase.

your right on the piece count, which does make the price a lot higher. something I myself have also noted.

also complaining about complaining. Neat.

But the thing is, because we are humans, and probably have bills to pay, limited shelf space, families to take care of, etc, when something is very expensive, large, but without being the exact thing you've ever wanted, people are going to take it apart. because it is frustrating. But that is the nature of a niche market, and a masterpiece figure is a niche market within a niche market. Like it or not, toy collectors are only a small part of the greater toy market. Which is why I don't get mad at one step changers; those are not made for me. The masterpiece line IS made for people like me though, and has drifted away from when I feel made it great before. Personal opinion that mind you. So I will complain about what I don't like, because I want what I do like.

However, I acknowledge that the current masterpiece line does have a following, and probably way more then people like me who preferred the older mp's. Given these are generally made for the Japanese market, with western audiences being an after thought, that is likely what they prefer there.

and that is ok. NORMAL even. different people have different tastes. people will complain about what they don't like. Sometimes the complaining is a way for them to justify spending/not spending the money. like for me, I am looking at this sketch saying, he looks too thick from the side. almost catroonishly thicc. Do I really need ANOTHER mp Starscream to add to my overloaded shelves of Starscream? (probably yes) but that is part of being an adult and making adult decisions about frivolous purchases. (omg I just called Starscream frivolous, FORGIVE ME)

So there's no reason to attack people. Don't hate the player, hate the game, as they say.

I used to be "I am going to buy every mo EVAR!!!" but now I am finding plenty of reasons to pass on them, which is good, because I don't have the space or money, and have transitioned to the generations line, which is mostly awesome now. Which is also bad, because I don't have room, or money. seriously, I feel like this should be my sig atm: Image
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073973)
Posted by sol magnus on July 28th, 2020 @ 8:39am CDT
Gotta say, I'm probably going to get it.
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073987)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 28th, 2020 @ 10:49am CDT
sol magnus wrote:Gotta say, I'm probably going to get it.

As long that we don't have a repeat of Screamers 1.5, I'll be preordering this new 2.0 version as soon as the listing goes live on Amazon.JP.
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2073996)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 28th, 2020 @ 12:11pm CDT
Pretty coloruing by Cheebs --

Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2074001)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on July 28th, 2020 @ 12:41pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Pretty coloruing by Cheebs --

NOICE
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2074002)
Posted by hausjam on July 28th, 2020 @ 12:47pm CDT
Re: New Designs Sketches Revealed For Masterpiece Starscream Version 2 (2074005)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 28th, 2020 @ 1:05pm CDT
hausjam wrote:Unless Hasbro is willing to subsidize part of the cost of MP-11, this is version 3.

Try telling that to Takara. They are the ones referring this as version 2. Because mp 3 and 11 come from the same source, they must think they count as the same.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Decepticon SHOCKWAVE  Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers: Ultra Class Slipstream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime & Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Pime Talking BUMBLEBEE Beast Hunters LOOSE Action Figure HTF 2013" on EBAY
Buy "WB Hasbro Collectibles - Transformers Generations Selects Hot Shot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Lot of 7 DINOBOT HOT SHOT CHEETOR RATCHET Complete! + MORE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties "Hot Shot"  Action Figure" on EBAY