Thursday, July 6th, 2017 8:18am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 14,296

Courtesy of fellow user Cyberpath; we have some new details about some upcoming Takara Legends products according to Planet Iacon, specifically the changes from the Hasbro Titans Return versions of Bumblebee, Slugslinger, Perceptor and Octane.

Naturally all of them have new decos and as expected Slugslinger has a new-mold Targetmaster much like Misfire, Hot Rod, Doublecross and Kup; but of particular note are that the Headmaster for Octane and the Spike Headmaster that comes with Bumblebee are listed as new. Whether this just means new faceplates like with Legends Chromedome or completely new molds like with Legends Sixshot is currently unknown; but nevertheless, tell us what you think in the forums!

Transformers News: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane

Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894703)
Posted by Kurona on July 6th, 2017 @ 8:21am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
Kurona wrote:Man, I would've loved a target reticle head for Perceptor; but I should've known it wasn't happening :(

There's one on Shapeways but it requires painting it yourself.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JNS2R ... ans-return

Sweeet, was wondering when this'd happen. This'll make Perceptor perfect :)

Cyberpath wrote:
Kurona wrote:Surprised at the new head for Octane. Isn't the one he has already in the Hasbro version accurate to all his appearances; original toy, cartoon and comics?

Hmmm, maybe it means that he'll be packed with another Titan Master like the smaller figures have so far.

Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894704)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 6th, 2017 @ 8:23am CDT
Kurona wrote:That might make sense -- though in that case, who would it be? I can't think of any significant human, nebulon or otherwise tiny partner of Octane in the cartoon unless they're making Sandstorm.

The head of Starscream's ghost? Or maybe Skuxxoid? :))
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894712)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 6th, 2017 @ 9:11am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

There's one on Shapeways but it requires painting it yourself.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JNS2R ... ans-return

Sweeet, was wondering when this'd happen. This'll make Perceptor perfect :)

A word of advice: Don't cheap out on the material. Order in Frosted Ultra/Extreme Detail or Black High-Definition Acrylate if possible, White Strong and Flexible does not hold detail very well. And given it's a non-load-bearing detail piece, the increased strength of WSF is useless.
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894719)
Posted by ScottyP on July 6th, 2017 @ 9:22am CDT
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894725)
Posted by Agamemnon on July 6th, 2017 @ 9:32am CDT
ScottyP wrote:I can't be the only one assuming the Spike Titan Master is going to turn into Arcee's head, right? Were I not on mobile in between meetings I'd probably look at earlier replies and find this in a heartbeat, so it's OK to make fun of me if someone mentioned this like four posts ago :lol:

Shouldn't that be Daniel as Arcee's head? I think the supposition was Spike would turn into Cerebro's head so Japan could get the same Titan Master the US got with Fort Max. But, I do not recall seeing anything official for confirmation on this.
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894747)
Posted by Flashwave on July 6th, 2017 @ 11:08am CDT
Bumble with Excel Suit and Spike

After 30 years the Autobots have managed to weaponize the most terrifying thing in Human History...

Microsoft :shock:

"Foolish Autobot, dont you know Words can never hurt me?"

"Thats why we're gonna destroy you with numbers!"

"Multiply THIS, Megatron!"
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894749)
Posted by AgentK2 on July 6th, 2017 @ 11:32am CDT
Really hope that we can get Magnificus from perceptor!
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894790)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 6th, 2017 @ 12:59pm CDT
I'm down for Magnificus!! ... and Mainframe as another possible retool (?)
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894792)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 6th, 2017 @ 1:09pm CDT
So they're set for Xmas? It's gonna be a long wait :lol:

And Mainframe out of Perceptor? GENIUS! :shock:
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894805)
Posted by ScottyP on July 6th, 2017 @ 2:36pm CDT
Agamemnon wrote:

You're right. We can officially mark this down as the 98th time I've gotten them mixed up this year.
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894813)
Posted by Agamemnon on July 6th, 2017 @ 3:04pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:
Bumble with Excel Suit and Spike

Microsoft :shock:

"Foolish Autobot, dont you know Words can never hurt me?"

"Thats why we're gonna destroy you with numbers!"

"Multiply THIS, Megatron!"

:lol: Love it! (Ags drinks the MS Kool-Aid, just so ya know... ;) )

ScottyP wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:

No worries. I'm the last one to harp on this sort of thing. :D
(But, related to that, I hope we do get a Daniel and Arcee. I think we had a rumor at one point. It would be cool to get the Spike Exo-suit with Arcee face for it...)
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894854)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 6th, 2017 @ 7:23pm CDT
Bumble and Spike

Spike= CEREBROS aka The Re-Birth version
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1894879)
Posted by Agamemnon on July 6th, 2017 @ 10:57pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Bumble and Spike

Spike= CEREBROS aka The Re-Birth version

Yah, I think we got that squared away above. ;)
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1895072)
Posted by Albatross250 on July 7th, 2017 @ 10:39pm CDT
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1895081)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 7th, 2017 @ 11:54pm CDT
Perhaps the new Headmaster for Octane just means a different little guy attached to the existing face.

It's kind of sad, but while everyone's getting all excited over the Targetmasters and Legends Sixshot and stuff like that, the thing I'm looking forward to most an underside shot of Roddy's car mode to use as a guide for modding my TR Hot Rod.
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1895089)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2017 @ 12:09am CDT
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1895096)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 8th, 2017 @ 12:36am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Maybe Takara just doesn't like the look of the Hasbro face and wants to make a new one, like what they did with Kup.

Here's the thing tho: there's nothing inherently wrong with it from what I can see. :-?
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1895097)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 8th, 2017 @ 12:42am CDT
Yeah, with Kup the redesigned noggin was to better match the cartoon.
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1895118)
Posted by Kurona on July 8th, 2017 @ 6:21am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:I wonder if the LG Sixshot would include Daniel Witwicky as a headmaster/Excel Suit as an additional set. :-?

Unfortunately, we already know the full details of LG Sixshot and he doesn't come with anyone else :(
Re: New Details about upcoming Takara Legends products -- Slugslinger, Bumblebee & Spike, Octane (1895134)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2017 @ 9:52am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Yeah, with Kup the redesigned noggin was to better match the cartoon.
What I mean is, Takara might find the Hasbro face to be a little unflattering, and too stern-looking to match the more laidback and easygoing personality of Cartoon Octane, and so might want to make new face that looks more chill than this Grumpy Gus.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Force Windblade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY