Thursday, November 17th, 2016 12:21pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 54,515

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Transformers Instagram

Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841715)
Posted by Madeus Prime on November 17th, 2016 @ 12:24pm CST
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841718)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on November 17th, 2016 @ 1:16pm CST
Madeus Prime wrote:Bit of a backpack, but honestly this figure looks pretty good, especially in contrast to the crap ones from AOE. I might pick him up for the comic.

Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841719)
Posted by william-james88 on November 17th, 2016 @ 1:19pm CST
Bronzewolf wrote:Seibertronians, we have some additional details on the newly-announced Transformers 5: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Toy. Coming from a post on the official Transformers Instagram, we have an additional shot as well as the full official product name of the first TLK action figure. It seems the figure will have more detail work than standard figures, inspired by Prime's movie paintwork. Take a look at the New "Premier Edition Voyager Optimus Prime" figure below, and tell us if you think this new "Premier Edition" Branding will become a new sublime for the movie figures.

EEsh, and here I was hoping we would see a premium version of this toy. But no, it IS the premium version #-o
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841720)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 17th, 2016 @ 1:20pm CST
It looks decent.

Am I interpreting this right: this is like the First edition toys from Prime and that first Leader Prime from AoE, and another, different retail version will come later?
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841722)
Posted by william-james88 on November 17th, 2016 @ 1:32pm CST
Optimum Supreme wrote:

I dont know man, I have never ever heard anyone call AD 31 Armour Knight Prime crap, and it totally counts as an AOE Prime. In fact, 85% of amazon reviews on that toy wee 5 stars https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Adv ... merReviews

Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841726)
Posted by Madeus Prime on November 17th, 2016 @ 1:44pm CST
Optimum Supreme wrote:Contrasting it with aoe (other than the excellent evasion mode version) is damning it with faint praise. I don't think it looks very good, but it's a single pic, I'll wait for more to judge.

All I'm saying is it isn't this:
Or this:

william-james88 wrote:I dont know man, I have never ever heard anyone call AD 31 Armour Knight Prime crap, and it totally counts as an AOE Prime.

I totally forgot about that, and yeah, he's a beautiful figure. But he does share the retail release's backpack...

william-james88 wrote:That being said, I think there is great potential for this toy, but the lesser backpack can only go so far when it looks this bland.

I agree. I just was stating that for the backpack, it's the best toy release we've seen of his post-AOE appearance. Strictly for the backpack. I agree that it looks only fair, not great.
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841758)
Posted by RAR on November 17th, 2016 @ 3:07pm CST
I have a normal Retailer Leader Prime that I painted up a bit and the enhanced takara one and frankly they don't look hugely different - except for the few more flames I'd not got around to adding.

But looking at the unaltered Prime - yeah he is a little plain looking - that was why I attacked mine with a paint brush and added a great deal of silver to him.

The main issue with the mould family i'd say is the backpack - something the Overscale KBB Knock Off addresses by making it removable.

He's miles better than Grimlock anyway - I actually consider the mould kinda complementary to the KO Hound toys though.

But it's not like i'd be encouraging people to buy one with huge enthusiasm. Heck I'd say spend your money on the overscale KO as that is at least bigger and has some metal in it as well as the premium deco.
But as I bought my Takara one from Lena (boxed) it was pretty cheap for both of them - (both came from Lena) as being in the UK there was hardly anywhere to buy them aside from online.

I don't really think I can even have a huge opinion dump on AOE simply as I have hardly any of it other than some Onestep and the Optimus toys.
I don't even have an AOE Dlx Bumblebee.

I have tinkered with the idea of buying the Dinobots from time to time though - since they are only Deluxes the only reason I've not done so is I keep thinking - for the same money I can get a bigger partly metal KO version that is a bit more in keeping with their size in the Movie... so that put me off buying them at all I guess.

I never bought the Autobots as I was thinking I'd kinda like the boxed set of Autobots - but I never really saw it for sale so I never ended up with that either.

To be honest I tend to forget to go toy hunting for Movie toys at all for months at a time - despite not really having any great bias against them.
yet I also don't want them so badly that I'd often prioritise them over other things I suppose.

I tend to think... yes I'll get those AOE Movie toys - but it might be AFTER I get around to chasing a lot of other things 1st. It probably doesn't help that I've not seen the Movie all the way through either.
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841787)
Posted by Emerje on November 17th, 2016 @ 5:17pm CST
I'm sure "Premier Edition" just means it'll be the first figure out in the line like the "First Edition" Optimus Prime we got from AOE and not like the "First Edition" line we got for TF Prime.

Emerje
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841821)
Posted by transformnerd114 on November 17th, 2016 @ 9:21pm CST
He looks pretty good. He also seems to be an EXTENSIVE remold of AOE Voyager Galvatron, based on the way the wheels on his legs are, as well as his shoulder armor, and even the backpack is reminiscent of Galvatron's. :-?
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841930)
Posted by Va'al on November 18th, 2016 @ 11:34am CST
Though not the original source of the images (looks like they're actually from Snapchat), Twitter user @astrotrain has shared two new angles of the recently officially revealed Voyager Optimus Prime figure from the upcoming Transformers: The Last Knight live-action movie toyline. The images of the Premier Edition Autobot leader are mirrored below, and the conversation is already bubbling - join in at the Energon Pub!

Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841933)
Posted by Moonshot on November 18th, 2016 @ 11:40am CST
Having the smokestacks be hollow looks horrible in robot mode. When you have something that prevalent and noticeable in both modes, it needs to be filled in.
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841936)
Posted by william-james88 on November 18th, 2016 @ 11:50am CST
So those hps really have 2 different grey plastics, thats too bad.

Paint looks better than what I previously thought though.

Also WOW, that guy is really into Taylor Swift. Reminds me of my crush on Michelle Branch back in highschool.
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841941)
Posted by Emerje on November 18th, 2016 @ 12:12pm CST
william-james88 wrote:So those hps really have 2 different grey plastics, thats too bad.

Hasbro seems to be having some issues lately in matching shades between two different types of plastic. Like how Wolfwire has thinner yellow plastic (shoulders and legs) in one shade while the thicker plastic used for structure (torso, pelvis, and elbows) is slightly different. Wolfwire's bicep swivel is made of two obviously different shades of yellow just like this Prime's thigh swivel.

Emerje
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841954)
Posted by Fc203 on November 18th, 2016 @ 1:06pm CST
Screenshot_2016-11-17-16-52-54.png
I got more pictures
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841957)
Posted by bluecatcinema on November 18th, 2016 @ 1:12pm CST
At least they reduced the "backpack" a little on this one.
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841958)
Posted by william-james88 on November 18th, 2016 @ 1:13pm CST
Are those your pics? if so, could you take a pick of his back? And side?
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841962)
Posted by feifangongzi on November 18th, 2016 @ 1:30pm CST
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841966)
Posted by Va'al on November 18th, 2016 @ 2:16pm CST
As an update to our previous story about Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime, in his toy form, fellow Seibertronian Fc203 headed to Snapchat to grab some screenshots for the update from Hasbro - check the better quality of multiple angles below!

Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841967)
Posted by william-james88 on November 18th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CST
feifangongzi wrote:All movie toy line designer should be Fired! How ugly is this robot! :michaelbay:

But that would mean firing the best designer of all time, Hasui, the guy who made all those amazing MP toys (from MP 10 all the way to BB, I think). He also designed movie toys, like HFTD Leader Starscream.
Re: New Details and Product Photos of Transformers 5: The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime Figure (1841971)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 18th, 2016 @ 2:56pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Yeah, designers are not to blame. Sadly they have to do what they are told within the restrictions set by whatever line they are assigned to. It's the takara/ hasbro boffins that are to blame. Moving Hasui from the MP's to movie toys was absurd.(HFTD Screamer being an exception) RiD toys was absurd.

Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RED ALERT & BRAWN, Universe Legends 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Sovereign Alpha Trion 7" Action Figure  Nib" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Astrotrain Titans Return Darkmoon Voyager Class SEALED See Pictures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Diac & Optimus Prime" on EBAY