New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier

New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 10:58am CST

Category: Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 49,363

A major part of these details are regarding the Generations Devastator figure which was confirmed to exist in the Toysrus database at a 179.99$ canadian price tag.

Here are the notes he took down after talking with his supplier.

"Just got great news(regarding Generations Devastator) from my supplier:
- All new mold
- Awesome
- Huge
- Box are metroplex sized
- Combination of voyagers and 1 leader (the number of bots inside the box are not confirmed yet - sorry for the mess)
- green
- sdcc will be yellow

Also
G1 box set:
- Blaster
- perceptor
- Insecticon
- Trypticon
- g1 cone head set"

CATZ has proven to be a reliable source in the past as it was he who first posted about the first waves of Movie Advanced Series toys like Dispensor.

This seems to answer a lot of questions people have been asking recently, although Hasbro has yet to make an official announcement. So remember, Keep calm and discuss in the Energon Pub Forum!

Credit(s): CATZ

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 12:19pm CST

Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1638998)
Posted by philswitch engage on January 14th, 2015 @ 11:04am CST
super excited about devestator and the trypticon reissue.

I would love a titan sized trypticon generations figure.
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1638999)
Posted by Bouncy X on January 14th, 2015 @ 11:04am CST

never had the original toys for him and i'm a sucker for G1, so while i don't have that big a collection, sometimes i see one i just gotta have. (last time being Masterpiece Soundwave)

ironically i do have the original G1 Metroplex (still mint in box because i didn't play with him a lot back in the day) but never got the new one.
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639000)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 14th, 2015 @ 11:09am CST
So far, great news.....BUT- if those are all G1 reissues listed, and we know that the insecticons are ~$80... Trypticon will be astronomically expensive. On the plus side, the cost of Full-Tilt's little gun should drop on the secondary market. Still not sure I like the idea of unevenly sized constructicons, the 1 leader 4 voyager formula would work great for scramble city types but not for Devastator
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639003)
Posted by Rated X on January 14th, 2015 @ 11:13am CST
A leader with voyagers thats huge ? :BANG_HEAD:

The more info I hear about this new Devastator, the more I think its going to be a huge stand alone plastic pile of suck. :SICK:
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639004)
Posted by padfoo on January 14th, 2015 @ 11:17am CST
william-james88 wrote:TFW2005 member CATZ has been given some interesting news after one of his suppliers attended the recent "Hasbro Asia Showroom" closed doors event.

Here are the notes he took down after talking with his supplier.

"Just got great news(regarding Generations Devastator) from my supplier:
- All new mold
- Awesome
- Huge
- Box are metroplex sized
- green
- sdcc will be yellow

Also
G1 box set:
- Blaster
- perceptor
- Insecticon
- Trypticon
- g1 cone head set"

I guess we will have to wait and see. This seems almost too good to be true. As for the Generations Devastator, who would the leader class figure be? seems like they would use a mold they can reuse, to recoup development cost. Why not two voyagers for the torso?........
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639007)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 14th, 2015 @ 11:29am CST
Oooh, G2/Caterpillar Yellow Constructicons would be neat.

Reissue Trypticon would probably be stupid expensive given how much they're charging for the Insecticons...
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639010)
Posted by Madeus Prime on January 14th, 2015 @ 11:33am CST
I'm hoping that the leader is simply Hook, because he (looking at his design) would be the longest in vehicle/tallest in robot mode. And he really does just hinge to form the chest.
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639013)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 14th, 2015 @ 11:42am CST
I would think the Leader size would be Long Haul. He usually forms the torso and isn't his truck mode, in reality, supposed to be huge compared to the others.

I wouldn't be surprised if Scrapper gets the shaft. They'll just repaint Generations Scoop as him as a separate figure.

It's a shame. I want to be excited but I already broke down and got a Green Giant. (Plus I have the Classics and G2 versions) I can't afford another expensive Devastator set. :sad:
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639014)
Posted by Blozor on January 14th, 2015 @ 11:48am CST
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639015)
Posted by megatronus on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:01pm CST
Hmmm... a Leader figure as part of Devastator? That's curious.

I would guess it's Hook. Looking at Hercules, the upper part of the torso could have been bulkier, and a somewhat larger Voyager/smaller Leader size might do the trick.

Or maybe one of the figures is designated Leader because it incorporates some of the additional pieces/kibble that complete the Devastators look (such as the forearms and chest shield)?

I'm excited to learn more!

EDIT: Thinking about it, I could also see the Leader being Long Haul... a large Devy would certainly benefit from Leader sized hips...
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639016)
Posted by rpetras on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:05pm CST
Blozor wrote:Still would like a Trypticon that could stand toe-to-toe with Generations Metroplex, not be kicked around by him. Wishful thinking, I know, but I've always liked Trypticon and would love an updated version. Besides, I still have the original G1 Trypticon, so the reissue will be a pass for me, too. Unfortunatelt, if they reissue him with an insane price point amd he doesn't sell, Hasbro will interpret that as lack of interest and use it as justification to not pursue a costly new mold after Metroplex reportedly generated a "Meh" response.

If this is true, and this is the only official Trypticon we will be getting (and it conflicts with other things I have read, so I'm not 100% sure it is) I'll be plunking down for the Maketoys city-bots.
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639017)
Posted by Diem on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:08pm CST
Why make a Devastator that's so out of scale with the whole Combiner Wars line that Hasbro is pushing? I could see Predaking being bigger given G1 sizes but making a Devastator that huge is just bizarre. I know you gotta keep the rabid 1985 fans happy but this is a baffling move.
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639018)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:10pm CST
Rated X wrote:A leader with voyagers thats huge ? :BANG_HEAD:

Yeah, it'll probably give you cancer, too.

Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639022)
Posted by william-james88 on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:20pm CST
Bouncy X wrote:gonna wait for photos etc... but i admit the thought of a giant G1 Devastator is very tempting. not that i have room for that and i'm sure it'll be mighty expensive but i guess its the 1984 version of me inside that would want it.

We already know the price.
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639026)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:26pm CST
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639032)
Posted by william-james88 on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:39pm CST
Rodimus Minor wrote:Well if he is as Big as I think I will need to make some room for this behemoth, Now show me Some pics ASAP

Here are some pics of Hasbro's Devastator:

Oh wait, you wanted pics of the upcoming devastator, sorry.
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639033)
Posted by Cobotron on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:42pm CST
Wise assss. :roll:
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639034)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:43pm CST
So it sounds like the new Devastator is is going to be made up of five constructions, if they are using voyagers and a leader class, like the rest of the combiner sets (4 small 1 large). I'd be more excited if he was going to be all voyager, cause then I would expect there to be all six of them. Still I want to see this thing before I give a full opinion.
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639035)
Posted by Shockwave7 on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:47pm CST
Trypticon reissue, eh? I had this one when I was a teen - it was one of the only electronic 'walking' toys that would actually WALK over a carpeted surface. (every other toy would just kind of shuffle in place because they didn't have the weight, and couldn't generate the friction necessary to push themselves into motion)

This is of interest... though I'd REALLY be interested in a Generations remake of Trypticon. With modern tech and articulation, they could probably do wonders with it. Titan Metroplex can actually pose, unlike the G1 brick Metroplex. I'd pay for a Titan Trypticon....
Re: New details for Generations Devastator (and G1 reissues) from supplier (1639038)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 14th, 2015 @ 12:49pm CST
IF the Leader size will be Hook, he will have a massive chest/shoulders and skinny torso. IF Long Haul will be Leader sized, he will have a normal chest/shoulders and a fat midsection. That is, if his combination follows the G1 combination. I wonder how they will make it work with 6 members instead of 5, especially with a Leader thrown in.

X wrote:The more info I hear about this new Devastator, the more I think its going to be a huge stand alone plastic pile of suck.
My fear is that he will be an oversized version of a PCC combiner. Good torso with gangly limbs.

The box is supposed to be Metroplex-sized? If that's true, then I'm guessing he will come separated in the box, with each figure having its own little space. If he is as big as Metroplex when combined, then those are just bad proportions.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lost Light 13B Bludgeon Nick Roche Variant Cover IDW D8-18" on EBAY
Buy "transformers animated sentinel prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Red Alert Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 61 Sentinel Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Used Build A Bear Transformers Optimus Prime Bear Mask Flips Over Head 17'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers E3479 Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S13 Ul…" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Prowl" on EBAY