Transformers News: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details

Friday, February 24th, 2012 11:25pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 54,436

We have some new details regarding Takara's Transformers Prime Arms Micron line from the latest issue of Figure King by way of Autobase Aichi.

First, the Microns will come unassembled on sprues and feature translucent pieces that will somehow tie into a game to be revealed later. We also have the names of the Microns that come with the first six figures from the line:

• AM-01 Optimus Prime with O.P.
  • AM-02 Bumblebee with B-2
  • AM-03 Cliffjumper with C.L.
  • AM-04 Ratchet with R.A.
  • AM-05 Megatron with Golla
  • AM-06 Skywarp with Baro

Next, the figures will feature less paint than is normally associated with Takara releases, but will come with stickers to add detail. Each figure will also feature multiple newly sculpted ports for the Microns to attach (we already some of these from the official images of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee that we posted this morning).

Update: Toy-World has uploaded the scans from this issue of Figure King. We get another look at AM-01 Optimus Prime and AM-02 Bumblebee, but more importantly we get our first shots of AM-03 Cliffjumper, AM-04 Ratchet, AM-05 Megatron, and AM-06 Skywarp. We also get some ideas on how the Microns can be combined into larger weapons. Also seen new images of MP-11 Coronation Starscream, the recently revealed Vector Oracle and Firebolt campaign Microns, Transformers Prime Cyberverse, and images from the Asahikawa Winter Festival.

Update 2: Cybergundam has added a scan of MP-11 Starscream V2.0 and Vector Oracle from Dengeki Hobby.

Credit(s): Autobase Aichi, Toy-World, Cybergundam

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 26th, 2012 2:35am CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351471)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 24th, 2012 @ 11:56pm CST
  • AM-01 Optimus Prime with Opie
  • AM-02 Bumblebee with Bitsu
  • AM-03 Cliffjumper with Ciel
  • AM-04 Ratchet with Allouez
  • AM-05 Megatron with Gola
  • AM-06 Skywarp with Varo
Got the Romaji of these names?
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351474)
Posted by El Duque on February 25th, 2012 @ 12:09am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
  • AM-01 Optimus Prime with Opie
  • AM-02 Bumblebee with Bitsu
  • AM-03 Cliffjumper with Ciel
  • AM-04 Ratchet with Allouez
  • AM-05 Megatron with Gola
  • AM-06 Skywarp with Varo
Got the Romaji of these names?

I have no idea what that means, just relied on Google translate and hoped for the best >:oP
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351478)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2012 @ 12:23am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
  • AM-01 Optimus Prime with Opie
  • AM-02 Bumblebee with Bitsu
  • AM-03 Cliffjumper with Ciel
  • AM-04 Ratchet with Allouez
  • AM-05 Megatron with Gola
  • AM-06 Skywarp with Varo
Got the Romaji of these names?

Don't have a cow. I just wanna know what the Romanizations of those names are. If you don't have them, do you at least have the names as they were written in Japanese?
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351479)
Posted by El Duque on February 25th, 2012 @ 12:29am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
  • AM-01 Optimus Prime with Opie
  • AM-02 Bumblebee with Bitsu
  • AM-03 Cliffjumper with Ciel
  • AM-04 Ratchet with Allouez
  • AM-05 Megatron with Gola
  • AM-06 Skywarp with Varo
Got the Romaji of these names?

Not having a cow my friend, I just have a rather dry sense of humor ;)

Here ya go:

オーピー
o^pi^
ビーツー
bi^tsu^
シエル
shieru
アルエ
arue
ゴラ
gora
バロ
baro
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351483)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2012 @ 12:41am CST
Thank you.

Now that I got these, their names Romanize out to being:
Ōpī
Bītsū
Shieru
Arue
Gora
Baro

Not quite sure how to transliterate these names correctly, though I'm leaning towards "Bits" and "Shiel" for the Bītsū and Shieru, but those elongated vowels on Bītsū hold me back.

We may have to have someone better familiar with the Japanese language to properly transliterate them.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351486)
Posted by El Duque on February 25th, 2012 @ 12:53am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Thank you.

Now that I got these, their names Romanize out to being:
Ōpī
Bītsū
Shieru
Arue
Gora
Baro

You're welcome :D Unfortunately I have little knowledge of the Japanese language.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351488)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2012 @ 1:00am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Thank you.

Now that I got these, their names Romanize out to being:
Ōpī
Bītsū
Shieru
Arue
Gora
Baro

For the meantime, you might wanna amend the news post with these Romaji names since one can't always be certain with Google Translate. ;)
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351490)
Posted by El Duque on February 25th, 2012 @ 1:09am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Thank you.

Now that I got these, their names Romanize out to being:
Ōpī
Bītsū
Shieru
Arue
Gora
Baro

Sounds good to me, done.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351493)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2012 @ 1:14am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Thank you.

Now that I got these, their names Romanize out to being:
Ōpī
Bītsū
Shieru
Arue
Gora
Baro

Sounds good to me, done.
Looks like someone on TFWiki is already working on transliterating the names. Thus far, Ōpī is "O.P.", and Bītsū is "Beetwo". I'll keep an eye out for the rest and let you know. ;)
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351494)
Posted by El Duque on February 25th, 2012 @ 1:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Thank you.

Now that I got these, their names Romanize out to being:
Ōpī
Bītsū
Shieru
Arue
Gora
Baro

Sounds good to me, done.

Cool, appreciate it. Hit me with a PM if the rest get translated and you have a chance.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351504)
Posted by Skywarp64 on February 25th, 2012 @ 3:20am CST
But of course Skywarp is Takara-only.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351506)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on February 25th, 2012 @ 3:32am CST
Optimus's Micron is called Opie? Does Megatron come with Anthony? lol

I like that they gave the lifelines to Ratchet but he also has those ugly holes on him too. Sticking with Hasbro and hoping Reprolabels makes some stickers for him
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351524)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on February 25th, 2012 @ 5:46am CST
So, is MP-11 Starscream still a work in progress? Doesn't look any different from the last pics they released. The "side panels" they used in place of the hip kibble is white instead of red.

BTW, I'll make a guess as to what some of the Microns' names are.

Bumblebee's Bitsu = Bits?

Cliffjumper's Shieru = Shell?

Skywarp's Baro = Burrow? [it's a drill, after all]

Megatron's Gora = Gorer?

Optimus' Opie = no idea

Ratchet's Arue = no idea
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351528)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 25th, 2012 @ 5:59am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Thank you.

Now that I got these, their names Romanize out to being:
Ōpī
Bītsū
Shieru
Arue
Gora
Baro

Sounds good to me, done.

Sounds like their partner Micron's names have something to do with the name of the partner:

Optimus Prime: O.P. (initials)
Bumblebee: B-2 (two B's, BumbleBee)
Cliffjumper: C.L. (remember, "shi" can also be "si" as it's grouped with the "s" kana)
Ratchet: R.A.
Megatron: Golla (gorilla)
Skywarp: Burro (it's a drill, so I'm using the Beast Machines Mol repaint's proposed name)
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351532)
Posted by Heckfire on February 25th, 2012 @ 6:42am CST
Any chance of us in the U.S. getting these Mini-Cons? Of course not...
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351538)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on February 25th, 2012 @ 7:32am CST
Actually, they don't look that great now. The figures have a very similar paintjob, with extra holes that make it uglier. The minicons all seems either too squat or thin.

Only the minicons seems to have the nice metallic paint, while the figs are stuck with G1-stlyed chrome stickers. #-o

MP-11 does not seem to have improved much over the previous MP-2 (was it?). Well, i have it on preo-order and i don't own the previous starscream so i'll take it. :D
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351545)
Posted by WolfDawg on February 25th, 2012 @ 8:16am CST
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351549)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on February 25th, 2012 @ 8:26am CST
Starscream mold as Skywarp is looking sexy. I'd be willing to import that figure.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351550)
Posted by freaky777 on February 25th, 2012 @ 8:31am CST
WolfDawg wrote:Glad I held out to see if Takara would release a Voyager Megatron with silver paint; definitely getting that guy. I'm a little on the fence about Takara Ratchet though. On the one hand, he has the little heart beat lines on his side. On the other, he has those fugly grey holes...

That's the same FE DLX Megatron, I hope Takara won't disappoint with Voyager Megs.

Paint apps really sucks but was getting it for the Micron Arms so a bit disappointed but will still choose Takara over Hasbro this time around.
Re: Takara Transformers Prime Arms Micron Cliffjumper, Ratchet, Megatron, and Skywarp Revealed Plus other Details (1351555)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on February 25th, 2012 @ 8:42am CST

They're going power ranger on us, run!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Knockout with Energon Driller! 100% Complete!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool HEROES Transformers Rescue Bots (SERVO) Action Figure In Hand VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard New" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2012 Destro Exclusive G.I. Joe Transformers Crossover File Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Slamdance Grandslam & Raindance Cassettes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe AUTOBOT HOUND Generations -  New In Pakg . 25 Yrs. Anni." on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots Walker Cleveland & Jackhammer - Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Rescue Bots - Cody Burns & Rescue Axe Playskool Heroes HTF" on EBAY