New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking

Transformers News: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking

Thursday, June 14th, 2018 2:22AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 15,311

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We have some cool news to share tonight that might play a deciding role in your future Transformers purchases! Cheftron, always one of the earliest toy reviewers on YouTube, put out a video today covering the upcoming Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking! This is the first English video review we've seen, and it takes you through a close look at the upcoming figure. The new titan has been quite controversial as far has his design goes, so does this video change your mind or opinion on the figure, for better or for worse? Will you be picking him up when he releases later on this year? Please let us know down in the energon pub forums below this article!

Credit(s): Cheftron
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965021)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 14th, 2018 @ 12:12pm CDT
It looks to be the same issue as with Devastator--even though the sizes are large, the transformations are what you would expect from a deluxe figure. What's the point of turning into a beast mode if the mouths and legs are not going to do anything? They just turn into animal shaped bricks.

The only way I am going to purchase this one is if I see it on clearance at Ollie's or something for $50.
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965029)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 14th, 2018 @ 1:05pm CDT
Yeah, while I agree... I DO understand that Hasbro has to wrestle with a few challenges:

1. Ensuring stability with such heavy figures (ie. no ball and socket joints, etc.)
2. Passing the "drop test" at such a large size
3. Keeping price down enough that it can be affordable to a kid audience

Dealing with all of those means simplifying design AND sadly some hollow parts. I think with all the challenges they had, they've put together a really good looking figure.

Seeing the video and more recent photos, I think my hesitation is gone. Will definitely be picking up the figure. Looks like it displays really well with Devastator.
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965036)
Posted by Overcracker on June 14th, 2018 @ 2:03pm CDT
If anything can be said about it, is the combination is rather unique.

With Tantrum (I refuse to call him Torox) and Headstrong actually transforming into the complete leg, rather than just shins, and Divebombs wings actually forming part of the crotch and lower torso.

This unfortunately means the Wings are non-removable. So any 3P Chromed Set will need to account for that.

I'm sure in person he'll look quite imposing though. The thin waist was not as distracting in the video as it had been in previous pictures.

My only gripe is the lack of BF Sword. What's a Predaking without his massive sword?

I'm sure 3rd parties, or even Shapeways will take care of that though.
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965037)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 14th, 2018 @ 2:21pm CDT
Agreed, I think we all need to be prepared to drop a paycheck on new sword and wings and fists. LOL.
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965041)
Posted by Emerje on June 14th, 2018 @ 2:50pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:My only gripe is the lack of BF Sword. What's a Predaking without his massive sword?

G1 toy accurate? ;)

Emerje
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965042)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 14th, 2018 @ 3:03pm CDT
OH SNAP! You're right. I think we are all remembering fantastic art and all of the tiny individual swords for each member.
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965043)
Posted by Overcracker on June 14th, 2018 @ 3:10pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
Overcracker wrote:My only gripe is the lack of BF Sword. What's a Predaking without his massive sword?

G1 toy accurate? ;)

Emerje


:lol: Well played. :lol:
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965067)
Posted by PadForce on June 14th, 2018 @ 4:37pm CDT
Just ordered mine to arrive next week, cant wait!
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965117)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 14th, 2018 @ 10:20pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Overcracker wrote:My only gripe is the lack of BF Sword. What's a Predaking without his massive sword?

G1 toy accurate? ;)

Emerje


:lol: Well played. :lol:
And G1 cartoon accurate.

Only one episode ever had him use a sword in just one scene, and it was a purple lightsaber-type sword that looked nothing like the big golden broadsword we often associate with Predaking.
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965119)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 14th, 2018 @ 11:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Overcracker wrote:My only gripe is the lack of BF Sword. What's a Predaking without his massive sword?

G1 toy accurate? ;)

Emerje


:lol: Well played. :lol:
And G1 cartoon accurate.

Only one episode ever had him use a sword in just one scene, and it was a purple lightsaber-type sword that looked nothing like the big golden broadsword we often associate with Predaking.

Yes, that's the 3P sword I want, because I don't think that's been done yet.

And I indeed wanted G1 toy accuracy way back when, so I bought the reissue! Regardless of whatever design flaws PotPredaking has, as long as it attempts to be more accurate to his media appearances than another toy that's relatively easy to acquire, I'll still seriously consider buying it. They had me at "shoulder cannons".
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965139)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 15th, 2018 @ 8:21am CDT
Predaking up for preorder at BBTS. $159.99
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965142)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 15th, 2018 @ 8:46am CDT
Agamemnon wrote:Predaking up for preorder at BBTS. $159.99


I wonder why Amiami's preorder(discounted 29% less) price of Y 19050 (today's fx exchange rate) is US $12.00 more than that? :???:
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965144)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 15th, 2018 @ 8:53am CDT
Black Bumblebee wrote:It looks to be the same issue as with Devastator--even though the sizes are large, the transformations are what you would expect from a deluxe figure. What's the point of turning into a beast mode if the mouths and legs are not going to do anything? They just turn into animal shaped bricks.

The only way I am going to purchase this one is if I see it on clearance at Ollie's or something for $50.


Bingo!!! ;)^

The Beast modes are all terrible and the Bot modes are okay at best so if they're only redeemable in one mode (combined) then they're only worth one 3rd price IMO!

A portion of the other $100.00 could go to 3P add on's that'll likely clean up Hasbro's mess...
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965230)
Posted by RustedCross on June 15th, 2018 @ 11:23pm CDT
7F78C802-BDD8-4A22-88DC-89C130D10164.jpeg
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965231)
Posted by Va'al on June 16th, 2018 @ 2:10am CDT
RustedCross wrote:Image


Deheehhehehe
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965260)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 16th, 2018 @ 9:08am CDT
RustedCross wrote:Image
That buffalo ain't gonna get Strongarm very far with those bricky legs.
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965520)
Posted by gothsaurus on June 18th, 2018 @ 11:16am CDT
Wow. I just rewatched possibly every appearance of Predaking in the G1 cartoon, and wow. That guy has consistently had a really thin waist. How did I not notice? >:oP
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965524)
Posted by o.supreme on June 18th, 2018 @ 1:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:That buffalo ain't gonna get Strongarm very far with those bricky legs.


Just a thought based on this. I remember during season 3's "From the files of Teletran 2", they did a feature on The Predacons/Predaking, and they referred to Tantrum as a "Buffalo", now immediately of course I thought of the American Buffalo (Bison), which he looks nothing like, but I guess he could pass for an African Water Buffalo (seeing as how that would match with Headstrong being a Rhino), but to me, he always looked more like a standard Bull.
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965539)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 18th, 2018 @ 3:38pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:That buffalo ain't gonna get Strongarm very far with those bricky legs.


Just a thought based on this. I remember during season 3's "From the files of Teletran 2", they did a feature on The Predacons/Predaking, and they referred to Tantrum as a "Buffalo", now immediately of course I thought of the American Buffalo (Bison), which he looks nothing like, but I guess he could pass for an African Water Buffalo (seeing as how that would match with Headstrong being a Rhino), but to me, he always looked more like a standard Bull.
Admittedly, it was because of that file that I've been calling him a "buffalo" instead of "bull" all these years.
Re: New English Language Review for Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking (1965543)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 18th, 2018 @ 4:08pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:That buffalo ain't gonna get Strongarm very far with those bricky legs.


Just a thought based on this. I remember during season 3's "From the files of Teletran 2", they did a feature on The Predacons/Predaking, and they referred to Tantrum as a "Buffalo", now immediately of course I thought of the American Buffalo (Bison), which he looks nothing like, but I guess he could pass for an African Water Buffalo (seeing as how that would match with Headstrong being a Rhino), but to me, he always looked more like a standard Bull.
Admittedly, it was because of that file that I've been calling him a "buffalo" instead of "bull" all these years.


*whistles as she looks up the instructions*

Buffalo. G1 Tantrum is a Buffalo. Buffalo buffalo buffalo. :lol:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
Twincast / Podcast #215:
"New Year, New Toys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE COGMAN FIGURE C2960" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ROTF voyager Long haul" on EBAY
Buy "2008 Hasbro Transformers Bumblebee Voice Talking Helmet Yellow Mask Adjustable" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Long Haul  Revenge of the Fallen ROTF Voyager Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ROTF Rampage Deluxe (Rare) Red Revenge of the Fallen Desert Combat" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers - Constructicons - Bonecrusher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe robots in disguise  LONG HAUL & HIGHTOWER  2004  (MISB)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors' Club Pre-Production Sample Impactor *prototype*" on EBAY