New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron

Thursday, March 21st, 2019 8:47PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 27,248

After several months of teasing and images, we finally have some new pre-orders up for the latest Flame Toys Model Kit - IDW Autobot Megatron!

This new model kit is the 7th model kit to be available for order, following their Attack Mode Optimus Prime, Starscream, Attack Mode Nemesis Prime, IDW Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Thundercracker. Megatron is based off of his appearance in the IDW More Than Meets The Eye and Lost Light comic book series after he became an Autobot during their Dark Cybertron crossover, an appearance that was designed by Alex Milne. The model kit will stand about 6 inches tall, and will be highly posable, though non-transformable, as is the norm with these kits.

You can find Pre-orders below from various site sponsors, with the price falling in around $49.99. Let us know if you are placing your pre-order below!

TFsource: https://tfsource.com/flame-toys/transfo ... atron-IDW/

Robot Kingdom: http://www.robotkingdom.com/4897054512353.html

Credit(s): TFsource, Robot Kingdom

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015579)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 21st, 2019 @ 8:48pm CDT
Got my Pre-order in!
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015580)
Posted by Marcdachamp on March 21st, 2019 @ 8:51pm CDT
Are these models officially licensed?
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015582)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 21st, 2019 @ 8:58pm CDT
Marcdachamp wrote:Are these models officially licensed?

Yes they are
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015586)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on March 22nd, 2019 @ 12:44am CDT
Wait, six inches? Isn't that roughly Deluxe size?
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015588)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on March 22nd, 2019 @ 5:06am CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Wait, six inches? Isn't that roughly Deluxe size?

I think so, but 6 inches is the normal size for figures like Marvel Legends and such, and apparently model-building companies have started to join the 6-inch club
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015594)
Posted by william-james88 on March 22nd, 2019 @ 6:55am CDT
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Wait, six inches? Isn't that roughly Deluxe size?

So many jokes .... Must resist...
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015598)
Posted by Emerje on March 22nd, 2019 @ 7:28am CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:Wait, six inches? Isn't that roughly Deluxe size?

Pretty near it depending on the figure, though I'd be surprised if it's as small as 6" since these tend to be a little more than that. I just happen to have the first Prime kit on my desk and he's only a little smaller than Siege Voyager Megatron, by around a few millimeters, making it more like 7". I guess with all the dynamic posing they lose an inch.

Emerje
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015602)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on March 22nd, 2019 @ 8:53am CDT
i love the design.
i love the arc from the comics even more.
but it doesnt transform.
sorry Flametoys, Mastermind Creations gets my money again. Tyrantron transforms.
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015617)
Posted by Deadput on March 22nd, 2019 @ 12:15pm CDT
SG Roadbuster wrote:i love the design.
i love the arc from the comics even more.
but it doesnt transform.

He didn't transform in the comics either. Because god forbid Transformers actually transform in the comics these days.

So really it's accurate.
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015634)
Posted by Randomhero on March 22nd, 2019 @ 3:30pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
SG Roadbuster wrote:i love the design.
i love the arc from the comics even more.
but it doesnt transform.

So really it's accurate.

Hey plenty of transforming in the other books that were going on.

The MMC figures robot mode is also stupidly out of proportioned and inaccurate and the sad thing is no one knew what his altmode was so they just made up one and when Alex finally revealed it in his art book and on Twitter it was just Megatron laying down with his chest folded out. How did no one guess that?

I do own a handful of MMC figures(not that Megatron) but the more time has passed the more I see the flaws in their stuff. Everyone is just not proportioned well. Last thing I got was their cyclonus because I wanted a cool looking cyclonus and while I still enjoy him I just see him and see all his problems
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015639)
Posted by bvzxa on March 22nd, 2019 @ 4:56pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Deadput wrote:
SG Roadbuster wrote:i love the design.
i love the arc from the comics even more.
but it doesnt transform.

So really it's accurate.

Hey plenty of transforming in the other books that were going on.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Last time I checked MMC Tyranntron is very popular and he fetches a pretty high price on the secondary market. I guess it's because of those odd proportions right?
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015644)
Posted by Randomhero on March 22nd, 2019 @ 5:35pm CDT
bvzxa wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Deadput wrote:
SG Roadbuster wrote:i love the design.
i love the arc from the comics even more.
but it doesnt transform.

So really it's accurate.

Hey plenty of transforming in the other books that were going on.

You’re a an idiot to buy on the secondary market becaaue he’s never been out of stock on a bunch of sites and he’s popular with people who desperately wanted an IDW Megatron.

Doesn’t change the fact his proportions and over all look is off and a lot of people who got or wanted him said they just won’t change him coz his altmode sucks.

I’m personally cool with tossing a sticker on an official Megatron. I have an imagination.
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015646)
Posted by bvzxa on March 22nd, 2019 @ 5:51pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
bvzxa wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Deadput wrote:
SG Roadbuster wrote:i love the design.
i love the arc from the comics even more.
but it doesnt transform.

So really it's accurate.

Hey plenty of transforming in the other books that were going on.

Your imagination is flawed. I wouldn't call someone an idiot for buying a transformer that transforms. Bottomline its a very good toy and no one is an idiot for buying one.
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015652)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on March 22nd, 2019 @ 8:10pm CDT
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015662)
Posted by bvzxa on March 22nd, 2019 @ 9:38pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:Take it easy kids, there's room for both licensed non-transforming model kits and unlicensed third party figures. Personally, I'm glad that comic-based designs have any options at all. I'm holding out hope for a Furai Lost Light Rodimus, which I would prefer to Hot Flame and Calidus.

The kits are OK. Its one of those niche things to me that other companies at least made a transformable figure of. No hate I give credence to both.
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015665)
Posted by DeathReviews on March 22nd, 2019 @ 10:43pm CDT
Megatron eh? I'm-a gonna git me summa THAT
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015666)
Posted by william-james88 on March 22nd, 2019 @ 10:49pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:Megatron eh? I'm-a gonna git me summa THAT

Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015753)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 23rd, 2019 @ 7:05pm CDT

I agree. This gives us options.

The 3P guys are there for those who want ones that Transform, but they are more expensive and unlicensed, which is why I haven't bought any.

And while these ones don't Transform, they are official and they are kits, which are really cool, and it helps in the "Attack Mode" and the "IDW" kits to not transform, so they can utilize every ounce of exaggeration in their design, which is awesome to me. I don't mind them not transforming since they are kits.

I really think that should Flame Toys keep going, we could get some more Awesome IDW MTMTE kits, and maybe even start branching out more into kits of the 13. I think this line as the potential to go on for years and give us a lot of cool designs that we have been aching for
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015789)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 24th, 2019 @ 3:48am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I agree. This gives us options.

My thoughts exactly. These are great products and very fun as well while third party stuff is just too expensive (I understand that they are the price they are for the company to make a living but my budget is my budget), once I can find a good UK supplier for these I plan on filling my boots (I can't remember if Kapow stock these, I'll have to recheck)
Re: New Flame Toys Model Kit Pre-Order - IDW Autobot Megatron (2015832)
Posted by bvzxa on March 24th, 2019 @ 4:17pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

I agree. This gives us options.

I know it's pro Hasbro here that's why 3P got placed in an unearthed corner of the website. Hail Hasbro and hail licenses that give you a basically a Non-Grade Gundam model kit. It would be nice if they could even parts form like 1/144 HGUC Gundam kits do. I have built model kits from multiple series the only exception I make is for Gundam because since 1980 Gundam was always mostly a model kit. I built the Starscream kit its great but its not a transformer. So lets stay off licenses because obviously Hasbro doesn't care as long as it isn't infringing on their IP/design of a character. So lets just say you like licenses and I like my toys to transform because hence the word 'transform'. Have fun kids!!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Crosscut Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chromia Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Movie Premier Edition Raptor Figure - Dinobot Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2015 Transformers Burnout and Lift Ticket. New In Bag! NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Cody Burns Walker Cleveland Billy Blastoff Jack Tracker" on EBAY
Buy "2010 TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS BLURR Autobot Deluxe Class CHUG MOC NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations BLURR Complete Chug Classics Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 30th Generations COSMOS & PAYLOAD Minibot Legends Class Sealed NEW" on EBAY