Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 5:55pm CDT

Category: Site News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 17,897

Earlier today, several new features were rolled out on Seibertron.com to make it easier for you to engage with other members in the Seibertron.com community.

New Energon Pub Forum features:

When Seibertron.com members respond to topics to which you have subscribed, you will now receive notifications for each reply regardless if you have returned to the forums. If you prefer to keep this setting the way that it was, you can go to your User Control Panel on the forums to adjust these settings.

Just go to User Control Panel -> Board Prefernces -> Edit Post notification options

or you can go directly to these settings, if you are logged in, by clicking on the following link: /energonpub/ucp.php?i=boardwatch&mode=boardwatch

The email notifications will now include the message that was recently posted in the topic so that you don't have to visit Seibetron.com at this time. This will also be helpful for mobile users who use our sightings forums and are out on the hunt. In addition, the email notifications now have a link that will allow you to directly reply to a the message you received which will allow you to skip a step.

New News Section features:

To the right of the primary image for each news story, there are now several options. "View Discussion" takes you to the beginning of the forum topic. For our members there are a couple of additional options. "Reply" takes you to the page where you can reply to the news topic, and "Subscribe" or "Unsubscribe" allows you to manage topic reply notifications for this news topic. These are similar functions that you will find directly in our forums but have been absent (until now) from our news section, which is a custom extension of our forums.

-------------------------

If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please let us know by replying to this topic. Thank you for being a part of Seibertron.com. We appreciate all of you contributing to this massive Transformers fansite!

Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com (1485496)
Posted by waaaaghlord on May 8th, 2013 @ 12:10pm CDT
What a bloody stupid idea to have that as the default. Turned straight off after the amount of email notifications sat waiting for me after work today, and other than the UK thread I'm hardly ever on here any more. I dread to think how much spam this is generating for more active users.
Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com (1485622)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 8th, 2013 @ 8:08pm CDT
As Waaaaghlord said, why was this changed and made the default option? I now have hundreds of emails to delete because this site is spamming my inbox. Surly an opt in process would have been better. My post count isn't so high but I can only imagine how others with post counts in five figures would be feeling right about now.

I get the reason you did this but you should have gave a fair amount of warning before the switch over so we could have prepared and opted out.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to return to deleting emails.
Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com (1492715)
Posted by Superwheeljack on June 4th, 2013 @ 8:09pm CDT
Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com (1495099)
Posted by Seibertron on June 13th, 2013 @ 7:55pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:As they mentioned, these are becomming spam. I respect the people who run the site, but my email is now saying most of them are spam. I now have over 100 unread messages. It's getting on my nerves.

Better now?
Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com (1495954)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on June 16th, 2013 @ 11:00pm CDT
I think this is awesome, site will much more active. To those who don't like it? The settings can be scaled back in your setting options. I vote, make it default.
Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com (1507617)
Posted by The Power Cosmic on July 29th, 2013 @ 4:45pm CDT
Hey guys I am new to the Energon Pub. I posted a topic on the buy,sell,and trade section becuase I was looking for a figure and some one has replied to me in a PM to me with a offer and since I am new I guess I do not have the ability to reply back to the PM. How do I get in touch with the person who PMed me ? if I cannot reply back ? Please help.
Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com (1507865)
Posted by The Power Cosmic on July 30th, 2013 @ 2:23pm CDT
Anyone know who I need to speak to, to have my private messaging system enabled ??
Re: New Forum and News Section features to help members engage in discussions on Seibertron.com (1507956)
Posted by Burn on July 30th, 2013 @ 10:47pm CDT

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Sky-Byte Driller Drive 100% Complete Spark Armor Battle Cyberverse Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Bundle: SOUNDWAVE with DOOMBOX, Cyberverse JETFIRE & PROWL" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse TCV-17 Tank Buster Jet Fire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse TCV-26 Turbo Change Autobot Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Soundwave Cyberverse Adventures Sound Blast No Lazerbeak" on EBAY
Buy "HOT Cool FOR Transformers EarthRise Sunstreaker Tail 3D DIY Upgrade Weapon KITS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Arcee" on EBAY