New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy

Transformers News: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy

Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 8:07AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 47,138

Is it official or fanmade?

We'll have to wait for more information to see, but BASE XO comes up big again, this time finding a prototype image for a new transforming toy (robot mode only pic). This toy's robot mode closely resembles the Soundwave cassettebots, Rumble and Frenzy, as you can see from the head and chest designs. Unfortunately what Frenzy/Rumble transforms into is yet unknown at this time.

Is this a new Device Label component? Frenzy and Rumble were already made for the music label line, so maybe not. Universe line toy? Or another Impossible Toys winner like their upcoming G1 Arcee?

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more information when it is made available.

You can see the original thread here at hk-tf.com and the uploaded image below.

New G1 Frenzy/Rumble Prototype

New G1 Frenzy/Rumble Prototype

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News
Credit(s): Base XO, hk-tf.com
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016779)
Posted by Primus C-00 on November 4th, 2009 @ 8:12am CST
Fap!
:grin:
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016781)
Posted by guardianprime on November 4th, 2009 @ 8:20am CST
Primus C-00 wrote:Fap!
:grin:

Fap! :grin:

i Really hope this is official. . i would love to get my hands on one. my guess is that it will end up in the universe line.

i would say it might be an early prototype for the next show line but i would think its still WAY too early for that.
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016782)
Posted by Chaoslock on November 4th, 2009 @ 8:22am CST
LetitbepartofMPSoundwaveletitbepartofMPSoundwaveletitbepartofMPSoundwave :PRAY:
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016784)
Posted by LittleDickens5 on November 4th, 2009 @ 8:42am CST
Chaoslock wrote:LetitbepartofMPSoundwaveletitbepartofMPSoundwaveletitbepartofMPSoundwave :PRAY:

Now that Chaoslock has suggested MP Soundwave, anything else will be a disappointment .LetitbepartofMPSoundwaveletitbepartofMPSoundwaveletitbepartofMPSoundwave :PRAY:
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016786)
Posted by Ravage XK on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:00am CST

If it is MP SW there will be a lot of people making some odd high pitched squealing noises all over the world.
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016787)
Posted by joevill on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:03am CST
I'm looking forward to next year!
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016788)
Posted by Relic Dinobot on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:05am CST
Hopefully, the mold will be used as a Universe 3.0 two-pack of sorts, packed-in with whomever other character they think of (Detritus/Swindle repaint of Hound with Frenzy/Rumble).) Seriously tho', it's probably a add-on to MP Soundwave. Unfortunately. :(
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016789)
Posted by Mkall on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:08am CST

I'm really hoping this is another indication of Universe 3.0
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016790)
Posted by Stockade on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:09am CST
If this is official, could this be Transformers Universe 3.0? If so, i cannot wait for this....
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016793)
Posted by g2jazz on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:16am CST
It looks like the body has simular design as Energon Signal Flare / Offshoot
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016795)
Posted by SJ21 on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:18am CST
Wow. That is exciting! Hopefully this/these are Hasbro products.
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016797)
Posted by Psychout on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:22am CST
Wow, a toy I would actually buy!
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016801)
Posted by Nujevad on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:32am CST
Mkall wrote:I HIGHLY doubt it'll be an MP Soundwave, as I've never seen a ball/socket joint on the MP figs.

Prime's neck, Megatron's ankles, Those jet parts hanging of the Seekers' hips to name a few.

But I agree that it's unlikely to be a Masterpiece fig, since hollow legs and solid hands scream Classics. My guess is that it'll be released as a deluxe class toy, with his back guns and piledrivers as included extras.
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016802)
Posted by Forgotten on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:36am CST
Looks to me to be a Scout Class figure, the chest is a definite nod if nothing else to the G1 Cassette Twins. I said a while back we should get a MP Soundwave with some scout class cassettes in some of our Hasbro q&a. Maybe they read it, God that would be some kind of awesomesauce smothered figure. Oh well, my hopes are up, i'm with you guys. pleaseletitbemasterpiecesoundwavepleaseletitbemasterpiecesoundwavepleaseletitbemasterpeicesoundwave :CON: :BOOM: :PRAY:
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016803)
Posted by Ravage XK on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:37am CST
Nujevad wrote:

But there is no scale to those images, it could be quite small and ball joints suit small figures. It doesnt look like its a complex transformation which is another reason I think its small and could therefore be an accessory figure.
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016806)
Posted by REX-203 on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:52am CST
Fun with photoshop. :grin:

Might do Frenzy, errr Rumble... err.... the red and black one... later.
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016809)
Posted by Requiem Prime on November 4th, 2009 @ 10:02am CST
Ravage XK wrote:Will people please stop it with the Masterpiece Soundwave, I have to pick myself up off the floor each time!!

Ahh MAN! I'm just starting to bend on the music label SW. My first instinct is 3rd party, but what if I'm wrong? Do I give in and get it the little SW or hold off just in case Hasbro truly loves us?
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016810)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 4th, 2009 @ 10:03am CST
Looks to like he transforms exactly like his G1 counterpart. Which means he's a cassette. I'd say this is some sort of 3rd party prototype because it looks too "Geewun" to be Hasbros. But then again, the 3rd party companies usually announce their stuff. Could it be a Classics 3.0 figure? Perhaps we'll get another 2-pack like Hound and Ravage. But who could he be packaged with? :wink:
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016811)
Posted by Oilspill on November 4th, 2009 @ 10:07am CST
Damn nice colours!

That's one sexy prototype right there. I'm not any kind of expert at guessing these things, but the arm/foot ball joints look quite large comparatively, so I thing this will be quite a small figure. Maybe it will be packaged with a Hound repaint for Universe 3.0.

Either way, I want it!
Re: New G1-styled Frenzy / Rumble Prototype Toy (1016813)
Posted by Convotron on November 4th, 2009 @ 10:09am CST
Now that looks cool. It's always great to see G1 characters get an updated toy. :)

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Cybertron Supreme STARSCREAM Complete Figure w manual - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 55 minutes 49 seconds
Takara Transformers Music Label Soundwave MP3 Player Figure (Spark Blue Version) - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 56 minutes 13 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG EX Black Convoy (Tokyo Toy Show 2017) - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 59 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Cybertron GALVATRON Complete Leader Class Action Figure - Time Remaining: 18 days 18 hours 3 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers DOTM Sentinel Prime Figure Dark Of The Moon Movie Leader Class Rare - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 5 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers G2 HERO MEGATRON BRAND NEW SEALED 80146 Decepticon Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 19 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers G2 OPTIMUS PRIME BRAND NEW SEALED Hero 80147 Autobot Generation 2 - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 19 minutes 14 seconds
Side Vent Fender Decorative shark Grille Transformers Autobot Decepticon Black - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 24 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017