Friday, October 14th, 2016 2:49am CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 43,462

You may have spotted the recent Seibertron.com article on live-action Transformers movie toys that never made it or were never even planned at all (you can read it here and join in with your thoughts). To accompany that, we also have a new addition to the Transformers: Age of Extinction toy galleries, featuring not one but three versions of the character created to oppose Bumblebee: Stinger!

In his Takara Tomy Movie Advanced line AD32 body, using the same mold as Bumblebee, but with the new battlemask headsculpt; the slightly simpler Lost Age LA12 Stinger, with the quick transformation for younger fans, and a darker colour palette than our third gallery - the Hasbro one, in the One-Step changer sub-line, with plenty of comparison images to keep your Friday busy. Check them all out by clicking on any of the images below!

Takara Tomy: Movie Advanced Stinger (188 images) - Deluxe Class

Transformers News: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stin

Takara Tomy: Lost Age Stinger (93 images) - One-Step

Age of Extinction: Robots In Disguise One-Step Stinger (87 images) - One-Step

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 12:11pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1833497)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 14th, 2016 @ 9:17am CDT
Wish I could have got the deluxe Stinger, or better yet one that actually looked like his alternate mode. But the one-step is still a decent figure
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903831)
Posted by william-james88 on August 11th, 2017 @ 10:08pm CDT
The Seibertron galleries are back in full swing and there is a lot of ground to cover. So not only do we have galleries of the newest toys but of toys that we never covered before such as these two from Takara's Movie Advanced line. This was the Takara movie line for Age of Extinction which had the more complex toys. While the Hasbro Age of Extinction line only had one mold that came from a previous line (voyager Drift), Takara rereleased plenty of molds under Movie Advanced such as AD12 Revenge Optimus Prime and AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee, which we now have galleries for.

Both of these molds were first used in the Hunt for the Decepticon line with the Battle Blade motif, as Battle Blades Optimus Prime and Battle Blade Bumblebee. Since many fans previously had these toys already, along with the high cost of importing these, there was not an overwhelming demand for these in the west and thus there are very few images of these two Movie Advanced releases online, let alone images of them compared to the previous uses of their molds. But now we have rectified that. take a look and compare the differences.

Takara Tomy: Movie Advanced Revenge Optimus Prime (129 images) - Voyager Class

Takara Tomy: Movie Advanced Battle Blade Bumblebee (111 images) - Deluxe Class, Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903848)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 11th, 2017 @ 10:47pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903861)
Posted by Seibertron on August 12th, 2017 @ 12:59am CDT
Autobot Roadburn wrote:Honestly I've never really been a fan of this Bumblebee mold. His proportions (especially his neck) are kind of awkward and he's got gorilla arms, plus his face looks really angry and skull-like. I do wish I had one of the versions of that Optimus though, I like how he looks quite a bit.

I think the DOTM Deluxe Class Bumblebee would be the ultimate Deluxe Class Bumblebee ... if they could figure out how to give him the side door windows in vehicle mode and get rid of the spoiler. Basically, I'd like to see some minor modifications to that mold to make him be more in tune with his 2007 look. Close, but not "perfect".
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903865)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 12th, 2017 @ 2:38am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

I guess I always liked the original 2009 Camaro mold and its variants, it felt like it was a bit more compact and had less open space than the DotM version (mostly I didn't like how his back panels folded up). It definitely has its issues but I feel like it's a tiny bit more streamlined. Outside of that, yeah, the arms finally looked right and the head was mostly good outside of the eyes being a bit dark and sunken - I really liked the painted eyes on High Octane Bee, he actually has my favorite head sculpt besides the Masterpiece.

I'm looking forward to the new Last Knight Bee mold because he looks like he might be the new best deluxe - kibble folds up nicely, face looks great, wheels are in the proper spot and the little guy even has the extra wings like MPM-3! As long as he's actually able to be found somewhere (I still haven't seen a single wave 2 deluxe in my area) then he's going to be my go-to deluxe Bumblebee.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903882)
Posted by william-james88 on August 12th, 2017 @ 8:03am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I would agree. It's an OK mold, nothing spectacular. Way too long and spindly, plus the angry skull face that you mentioned was pretty off-putting to me as well. I'm always shocked to see fans referring to the Battle Blade Bumblebee figure as the "ultimate" deluxe class figure when it was always such a turn off to me.

I was gonna say you wont like my top 5 BB list then, but as it turns out that one isnt there. So you'l like it after all. But there are so many movie bees I think I will make a list just for movie bees too.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903913)
Posted by Quantum Surge on August 12th, 2017 @ 11:16am CDT
No demand for these repaints, yet finding these is extremely hard, let alone any version of Battle Blades Prime (not to mention any version loose on eBay somehow has a missing chest window). I knew I shouldn't have skipped out on him on the only time I saw him. If anyone's got a spare HFTD Battle Blades Prime, please send me a PM!
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903941)
Posted by william-james88 on August 12th, 2017 @ 1:27pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:No demand for these repaints, yet finding these is extremely hard, let alone any version of Battle Blades Prime (not to mention any version loose on eBay somehow has a missing chest window).!

I dont remember the forum discussions being very alive for these repaints. People were all over that soundwave, dispenser and wheeljack but not so much for these. Maybe Tomy predicted that and didnt make a huge amount and so the low demand was anticipated by them. Or maybe I dont know what I am talking about 8-}
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903981)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 12th, 2017 @ 5:29pm CDT
I still think the 2007 Bee mold was the one that was most accurate. If it weren't for the arms, that mold would have been the ultimate representation of him in my mind
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903987)
Posted by william-james88 on August 12th, 2017 @ 5:49pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I still think the 2007 Bee mold was the one that was most accurate. If it weren't for the arms

Or the head right?

Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1903988)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 12th, 2017 @ 5:57pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Or the head right?

Eh, I have both that head and the facemask one. I like the face mask
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Movie Advanced AD32 Stinger, Lost Age LA12 Stinger, & One-Step Stinger (1904077)
Posted by dragons on August 13th, 2017 @ 8:12am CDT

It's ok figure it's closes figure we got back then that enables his arm canon still ok figure now I want jello

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Rippersnapper Predacon Abominus Hasbro 1987" on EBAY
Buy "1997 Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "LOT OF 3 TRANSFORMERS POWER Of The Primes ~ Vector Prime Maximo Micronus FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Barricade Counterpunch / Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of The Primes Deluxe Novastar" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS POWER OF THE PRIMES VOYAGER CLASS ELITA-1 E1139 / E0598" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals Optimal Optimus Primal incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR OF CYBERTRON EARTHRISE BOMBSHOCK & GROWL 2pk" on EBAY