New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus

New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 9:52pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 23,678

Seibertron's camera has been on fire lately, new galleries left and right, it seems. You've seen some of our newest galleries in our news feed this week and we're going to keep on trucking with our newest G1 galleries featuring the Hasbro Commemorative Series line.

Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus

Speaking of Ultra Magnus, if you haven't seen our gallery of the newly released MP-22 Ultra Magnus, you can see it by clicking right here.

Without further ado, we present the Commemorative Series galleries, and you can see more of each figure by clicking on the pictures below:

G1 Commemorative Series Ultra Magnus

Transformers News: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus

G1 Commemorative Series Perceptor

G1 Commemorative Series Skids

Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1639367)
Posted by ScottyP on January 15th, 2015 @ 9:20am CST
The TRU Skids in the galleries has all his stickers adhered well. Mine were a struggle to get on, and I'm sure if I looked at it some fell off and got lost. Anyone else have sticker grief with that one?
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1639910)
Posted by Va'al on January 16th, 2015 @ 3:56pm CST
Here's another two galleries on Seibertron.com to help you through the final Friday lurch and the start of a good weekend - and another blast from the past it is! We're proud to finally show two very interesting redecos of Powermaster Optimus Prime and God Ginrai from Super God Masterforce.

First up is Nucleon Quest Super Convoy and Nebulan Powermaster partner Hi-Q, a 2001 Japanese Toys'R'Us Exclusive black redeco of the Optimus figure, including beam cannons and rifle, and the super robot head. The second bot is the fantastically orange Fire Guts God Ginrai (homaged in the 2014 BotCon set) formed by Godbomber and Super Ginrai, released in 2002 also as Japanese exclusive. Head below and through the galleries for more!

Super God Masterforce Nucleon Quest Super Convoy

Super God Masterforce Nucleon Quest Hi-Q

Super God Masterforce Fire Guts God Ginrai

Super God Masterforce Fire Guts Godbomber

Super God Masterforce Fire Guts Super Ginrai

Super God Masterforce Fire Guts Ginrai

Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1639934)
Posted by ScottyP on January 16th, 2015 @ 5:11pm CST
One of the best reissues from that era, something about that mold where my reissue feels higher quality than the original.

Love the Fire Guts deco. Passed up on a great deal for Nucleon Quest back at TF Con. Damn this whole "making responsible choices" thing! Always wished that version also had the God Bomber done up in black too.

Maybe if they ever get around to an MP Ginrai we can see some of these decos again!
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1639942)
Posted by shajaki on January 16th, 2015 @ 5:24pm CST
=P~ =P~ =P~

one day.... one day...
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1639951)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 16th, 2015 @ 6:01pm CST
Super Convoy is pretty cool from a fictional standpoint. Though he's part of the Japanese G1 cartoon continuity, his backstory contains elements from the Hasbro packaging backstory of the Action Masters and the Marvel Comics origin of Powermaster Optimus Prime. The toy's backstory introduced Nebulos, Nebulan Binary-Bonding, the Hasbro Powermaster concept, the Nebulan scientist Hi-Q, and Nucleon into the Japanese continuity; and placed the setting of this toy's backstory after Operation Combination right before G-2, sort of in a "G1.5" era.
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1654963)
Posted by Va'al on February 23rd, 2015 @ 12:45am CST
In 1990, the Transformers Zone OVA videocassette was released in Japan, collecting the entirety of the Victory sequel - consisting of just the one episode! The 'series' follows new Autobot leader Dai Atlas, and focused on the Micromasters, in their Planet Zone defense base. Among them, Rabbicrater, commander of Zone City's lunar base and pilot, the newest offering in the Seibertron.com galleries!

The Rabbicrater figure itself is a blue redeco of the 1989 Skystalker mold, and transforms into a Porsche 959 sports car. Purchasing the OVA videocassette was the only means to acquire the figure too, and you can take a look at both items in our galleries, by clicking on any image below!

Zone Rabbicrater

Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1654971)
Posted by RhA on February 23rd, 2015 @ 12:57am CST
This is exactly the kind of stuff I love. Beautiful artwork and an obscure toy.
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655041)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 23rd, 2015 @ 9:12am CST
Didn't realize how similar Metrobomb looks to both Skystalker and Rabbicrater, essentially using the former's altmode colors and the latter's robot mode colors.
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655049)
Posted by ScottyP on February 23rd, 2015 @ 9:31am CST
Woo hoo, Zone stuff! Love it. The bots from this era really need more reissues, there are some plain stellar toys from Zone/Return of Convoy that take the Micromasters to another level of fun.
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655072)
Posted by Desslok2201 on February 23rd, 2015 @ 10:09am CST
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655436)
Posted by monstrinhotron on February 24th, 2015 @ 4:43am CST
Rabbi-Crater? that might be the oddest TF name since Erector.
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655468)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 24th, 2015 @ 7:16am CST
monstrinhotron wrote:Rabbi-Crater? that might be the oddest TF name since Erector.
The name comes from the Japanese folklore legend of the Rabbit of the Moon, as opposed to the Western forklore legend of the Man in the Moon.
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655477)
Posted by RhA on February 24th, 2015 @ 7:32am CST
Desslok2201 wrote:It's things like this that make me realize how many holes there are in my collection

Yeah. I've got a Dai Atlas-sized hole in my collection.
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655484)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 24th, 2015 @ 7:54am CST
RhA wrote:

Yeah. I've got a Dai Atlas-sized hole in my collection.

I don't ;) Got the Kabaya kits of the Powered Masters, and they're great!

Sabrblade wrote:

Japan has a lot of weird names, and Rabbicrater isn't weird, considering.
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655859)
Posted by Amelie on February 25th, 2015 @ 12:54am CST

Oh, ignorance is a terrible, terrible thing - if only I'd known! That said... I still don't research my japanese TFs nearly as much as I ought to. :P
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655864)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 25th, 2015 @ 1:36am CST
Amelie wrote:I once had the misfortune a few years back to pass up on buying Rabbicrater for 50p (yes, FIFTY pence) because I didn't collect Micromasters. I passed on it, despite thinking "I'm sure that toy isn't normally blue".

You're not the only one. Passed the opportunity to get a roughly $40. Dezaras because I wasn't familiar with him back then in 1992. :BOOM:
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655865)
Posted by fenrir72 on February 25th, 2015 @ 1:39am CST

You're not the only one. Passed the opportunity to get a roughly $40 Dezaras because I wasn't familiar with him back then in 1992. :BOOM:
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655871)
Posted by RhA on February 25th, 2015 @ 2:34am CST
fenrir72 wrote:

Both these posts are so terrible even I feel the pain.
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655877)
Posted by Amelie on February 25th, 2015 @ 3:12am CST
I only remember so specifically because it was blue and I kept thinking "Should've bought it. Its a different colour" after I'd gone home :P
Re: New Galleries: Commemorative Series Perceptor, Skids, and Ultra Magnus (1655918)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2015 @ 6:50am CST
fenrir72 wrote:

Though not nearly as old as those two figures, I once passed on getting a sweet deal on a Beast Wars Telemocha Series Archadis to go with the BWTMS Waspeeter that I did get because, at the time, my primary goal was getting the BWTMS toys of just the American characters, forgetting that I also wanted the pack-in DVDs that came with each figure (including Archadis). :BANG_HEAD:

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "Transformers G1 One Browning Fist  ( Super God Masterforce)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot - Movie Line RID Prime Cybertron Fall Megatron Optimus Steeljaw" on EBAY
Buy "transformers dark of the moon -Deluxe Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Robots In Disguise: Autobot JAZZ" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise MEGATRON  RID 2001 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Deluxe Mechtech Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Bisk Figure Hasbro 2015 One Step Changer RID HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vs GI Joe 9 10 Set IDW 2015 Scioli Metroplex Megatron Optimus Prime" on EBAY