New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe

New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe

Thursday, May 12th, 2011 1:59pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 90,045

In our quest to bring you 2500 galleries in 2011, Seibertron.com proudly presents Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe.

First up, we have fan favorite Barricade, whose fate was up in the air at the conclusion of the 2007 Movie. It appears he's back with a vengeance and fearsome claw MechTech weapon.

Barricade (Deluxe Class, MechTech)
Dark of the Moon

Next, we have a returning background character from "Revenge of the Fallen", Jolt. Originally planned to have a more prominent role in the second Transformers movie, Jolt was relegated to providing the, well, jolt that fused the parts of Jetfire to Optimus Prime in the epic final confrontation.

Jolt (Deluxe Class, MechTech)
Dark of the Moon

Finally, we're featuring yet another ROTF character who's role was diminished due to budget, time, or both. Sideswipe thundered into the movie during the cleaving of Sideways, but remained as a background character for the rest of the movie. Will Sideswipe feature more prominently in the upcoming movie? Only time will tell.

Sideswipe (Deluxe Class, MechTech)
Dark of the Moon

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 12th, 2011 2:02pm CDT

Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1220969)
Posted by Shockwave. on May 12th, 2011 @ 2:04pm CDT
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1220980)
Posted by Blurrz on May 12th, 2011 @ 2:31pm CDT
Alpha Sentinel. wrote:OH Man! Its GOOD! :D I love it!!! :D And whats up with that purple colour on barricade? He looks different and ODD :SICK:

??? He's always had purple/metallic light purple on his figures since Day 1.
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1220981)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 12th, 2011 @ 2:33pm CDT

I'd buy Sideswipe if his colors weren't so bland, because that gun is badass. Too bad they seem to give different Mechtech weapons to repaints.
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1220982)
Posted by FanimusMaximus on May 12th, 2011 @ 2:35pm CDT
Cool, but I'm still waiting on Megatron.
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1220983)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on May 12th, 2011 @ 2:37pm CDT
WHAT's with sideswipe? he has no details, he looks like a ko compared to de previus ones (im talking about molded detail not the color)
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1220984)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on May 12th, 2011 @ 2:38pm CDT
and what withs his leg articulation? im gonna pas this one, and barricade an jolt still my favorite deluxes from this line
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1220992)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 12th, 2011 @ 2:48pm CDT
Damn:

Look at what Mech-Tech does.

It stunts your growth.
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1220996)
Posted by robofreak on May 12th, 2011 @ 2:53pm CDT
2007 Barricade to DOTM Barricade: I shall name you, Mini Me!

That's quite a size difference.
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221006)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:15pm CDT
actually the new barricade has his knees "bended" but he is almost the same size at the head, still the 2007 one is bulkier, but this one is better, i dont care what people says, this is thounsand times better than the 07 one i have the recon and is one of my favorites but the new one looks really god to me
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221010)
Posted by Seibertron on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:20pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Damn:

Look at what Mech-Tech does.

It stunts your growth.

Barricade is the exception height wise. Worst offender of this bunch. Jolt's pretty close in size.

Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221015)
Posted by Seibertron on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:22pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Huh. Jolt doesn't look half-bad here. I'll still wait and see about a repaint though.

Jolt's actually pretty cool. I like him better than his ROTF incarnation -- except for his color scheme.

Can anyone confirm with their Jolt that mine is missing half of his right eye? I'm sure it's just a fluke that mine is screwed up, but I'd like someone to confirm before I go out and drop another $12 for a replacement figure so that I can return this one.

Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221018)
Posted by GuyIncognito on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:24pm CDT
I really like the new Jolt! I want it!

As for the new Sideswipe... :SICK:
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221020)
Posted by It Is Him on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:27pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Damn:
Look at what Mech-Tech does.

It stunts your growth.

Oh, that's disappointing. I was under the impression that DOTM Barricade is actually taller than his previous Deluxe.

I was hoping he'd be about the height of Battle Blades Bumblebee.
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221025)
Posted by Seibertron on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:30pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Damn:
Look at what Mech-Tech does.

It stunts your growth.

I was hoping he'd be about the height of Battle Blades Bumblebee.

DOTM Barricade is a huge improvement over previous Barricades though, despite his height challenge. I guess I didn't realize how crappy the original Barricade was until I got the DOTM one.
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221038)
Posted by It Is Him on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:49pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
It Is Him wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Damn:
Look at what Mech-Tech does.

It stunts your growth.

I was hoping he'd be about the height of Battle Blades Bumblebee.

Yeah, those Movie 1 toys are pretty dated now :D I'm willing to give the new Barricade a chance, but the height issue is disappointing, especially since I don't care about Mech Tech.
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221061)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 12th, 2011 @ 4:24pm CDT
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221116)
Posted by Seibertron on May 12th, 2011 @ 6:42pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Jolt needs more coloring like that he looks like a prototype or KO figure, sideswipe also looks like a KO but the mold it self is crap so it doesnt matter, Barricade looks pretty good except his weapon sucks & hes to small. Barricade was the only figure i was going to buy before i started my boycott of the line but im not paying $13 for a figure that small. Remember back when we use to pay 10 bucks for deluxes that had awesome paint apps, didnt break if you looked at em wrong & you didnt feel ripped off when you bought one or put it on display, good times.

They're $9.96 at Walmart.
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221237)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on May 13th, 2011 @ 1:08am CDT
I like the new Barricade :CON: and Jolt :BOT: ,but that Sideswipe :WRECK: is both lack of detail and color :BANG_HEAD: .Sorry about that chap !
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221278)
Posted by Stockade on May 13th, 2011 @ 5:55am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Damn:

Look at what Mech-Tech does.

It stunts your growth.

Talking about paying more for less! and i wonder if Barricade used his MECH-TECH weapon as directed?
Re: New Galleries - Dark of the Moon Barricade, Jolt, and Sideswipe (1221281)
Posted by Stockade on May 13th, 2011 @ 6:24am CDT
Nice galleries as always, but here's my take on them:

Barricade: Nope, naada, PASS.

Jolt: Maybe, but still too drab for me and nice improvement over the previous ones. On the fence.

Sideswipe: epic FAIL!! hasbro went cheap-ass on this figure! lame mold and lack of paint luster, what is hasbro trying to do, create a line that customers or parents have customize or paint the toy now? this is horrid!!!!

Only Shockwave, Skyhammer, and Megatron are the winners for this round, unless the HA line impresses me, which i doubt it, i know my money will be devoted to Fans Project, PE and CD will be dedicated to them and even some of the new GI Joe stuff coming out in a few months, looks 10X better than this!

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 52 Deluxe Arcee Chromia Elita 1 Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Optimus Primal" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS KINGDOM WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY BLACKARCHNIA FIGURE NEW IN HAND." on EBAY