Transformers News: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime

Monday, July 11th, 2011 2:25AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 62,483

The latest round of Seibertron galleries brings us two all new molds and one repaint: Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime.

Leader Class Ironhide is latest incarnation of this popular movieverse character, preceded by 2007's Voyager Ironhide, HFTD's Deluxe Ironhide, and DOTM's Voyager Ironhide. This version is armed to the teeth, but is the biggest the best? You decide by checking out Ironhide's latest gallery below.

Ironhide (Leader Class)
Dark of the Moon

While our first new gallery saw Ironhide get supersized, our latest Sentinel Prime gallery does the opposite. We've already seen a Leader Class version of Sentinel Prime in the initial wave of DOTM figures, but latest wave of Voyagers brings us an all new smaller version of DOTM's new Prime. The Voyager version of Sentinel Prime trades his sword and shield for a fancy new MechTech weapon. Take a look at his gallery below.

Sentinel Prime (MechTech, Voyager Class)
Dark of the Moon

Lastly we have Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime, a repaint of the wave one DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime with a new MechTech weapon that coverts from gun to axe. Check out Optimus Prime's new axe wielding gallery below.

Fireburst Optimus Prime (Voyager Class)
Dark of the Moon

Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256587)
Posted by Blurrz on July 11th, 2011 @ 2:41am CDT

Leader Ironhide is legit, but the weapons are way too small. And nothing comes close to Buster Optimus Prime, so, no thanks.

Not being hypercritical of DOTM toys but these characters have all seen better days.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256592)
Posted by Seibertron on July 11th, 2011 @ 2:56am CDT
Blurrz wrote:Voyager Sentinel Prime... what a waste of plastic. I can understand those who aren't willing to spend that much $ on a figure, but for goodness sake, at least make the figure good!

Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256598)
Posted by Seibertron on July 11th, 2011 @ 3:12am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Fireburst Optimus Prime is a pass if you're not a completist. HFTD Voyager Class Optimus Prime is the best Voyager Optimus.

Does anyone know what the problem is with Fireburst Optimus Prime's weapon? I removed the spring from mine thinking that might solve the problem with the axe parts not lining up properly in axe mode, but that didn't fix it either. Must have something to do with how the notches are lined up. Open to ideas and suggestions on how to fix the axe mode for Prime's MechTech weapon.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256600)
Posted by Blurrz on July 11th, 2011 @ 3:15am CDT
=P~

De-di-ca-tion.

You can reattach that wire back, right?
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256604)
Posted by Seibertron on July 11th, 2011 @ 3:30am CDT
Blurrz wrote: =P~

De-di-ca-tion.

You can reattach that wire back, right?

Of course you can. It just plugs right back in.

Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256639)
Posted by El Duque on July 11th, 2011 @ 7:15am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Mine doesn't line up either, but I figured it was just mine. Hell, the weapon is the only reason I bought this guy.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256662)
Posted by 0ptimus Prime on July 11th, 2011 @ 8:27am CDT
How does Ironhide's mouthplate work? I need to pay more attention as I thought he was always stuck with the mouthplate on and that was the only thing keeping me from wanting the figure (and the fact I haven't seen him in stores yet).
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256669)
Posted by OptiMagnus on July 11th, 2011 @ 8:55am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I have to disagree, my friend. Sentinel Prime is actually a pretty cool "smaller" version of the character. Leader Class Ironhide is pretty awesome as well. He's got a bunch of weapons and some other pretty cool gimmicks. He looks great. Plus you have to look at both galleries for some major DOTM spoilers if you haven't seen DOTM yet. I didn't like either toy until I had them in hand. If you don't have them yet, I'd highly recommend both.

Good! I'm not alone on this one after all. I'm hoping to get Voyager Sentinel because I just like the way he looks, but everyone has tried to convince me otherwise.
I'm not sure about the Voyager Optimus mold in general. He intrigued me at first, but I haven't bought any version of him yet. I haven't really heard any opinions on him since he hasn't been bought up much.
Leader Ironhide looks cool, but I just can't see buying him. I really don't need an oversized figure for $45.00, but he is basically in Human Alliance scale, which I like. I love Ironhide, but I'd rather go ahead and buy the voyagers from the previous movies that I don't have.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256670)
Posted by Autobot Firestorm on July 11th, 2011 @ 9:05am CDT
Any word if we'll be seeing a Leader Shockwave??

AF
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256718)
Posted by starscreamreturns on July 11th, 2011 @ 10:19am CDT
Man canada's great and all but $45 for leader figures in the US if you want those leader class figures then buy them. I have too pay $60 for leaders here and that's why i only have ROTF leader prime. I did see leader starscream for $40 one time but i didn't want to spend all my money. Also here where i live voyagers are $30,Deluxes are $15 And cyberverses are $9.99
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256720)
Posted by starscreamreturns on July 11th, 2011 @ 10:20am CDT
Autobot Firestorm wrote:Any word if we'll be seeing a Leader Shockwave??

AF

I doubt it but comic con is coming up! so maybe
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256778)
Posted by Rated X on July 11th, 2011 @ 12:14pm CDT
Just saw LC Ironhide in Target and was very dissappointed. His weapons are too small to be movie accurate. I hit the chesd button thinking he would say something cool like "Decepticon punk" but instead a huge light up gatling gun emerged from his chest and started spinning and making gunshots. I was like "shouldnt they have put this on his arm ?"

I bought VC Sentinal Prime and am very satisfied. Why spernd 45 bucks on the Leader when by September it will be in TJ Maxx, Ross, and Marshalls for 25 bucks ??? I just saw Leader Class Starscream in one of those stores recently for clearance price.

New Optimus...wont even waste my time typing.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256809)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on July 11th, 2011 @ 12:52pm CDT
im still waiting for the voyager setinal prime to hit stores in my area. Setinal and Dragstrip are the only tfs i still want from this line.

Also about when does Dragstip hit retail stores.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256810)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 11th, 2011 @ 12:52pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Mine were completely misaligned from the factory. The first time I deployed it, one of the gear's teeth fell off. I replaced it with one from KMart, and have no problems. The first one was from HTS.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256875)
Posted by Bluestreak13 on July 11th, 2011 @ 2:15pm CDT
Thanks for the Spoiler warning! NOT!

I guess I shouldn't be suprised since I haven't seen DOTM yet and it has been out 2 weeks now.
Just bummed I guess.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256898)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on July 11th, 2011 @ 2:46pm CDT
Leader Ironhide is a must have and I'll probably end up getting voyager Sentinel as well. The only Optimus I'll be getting is the deluxe.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1256966)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on July 11th, 2011 @ 4:26pm CDT
thanks Seibs! I didn't know Ironhide's head could turn. I gave it a little bit of force and mine turns now. :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1257027)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on July 11th, 2011 @ 5:47pm CDT
Leader Ironhide looks cool but I dont like his "blue jeans" leg -_-...His cannons is too small and still hate the head. Conclusion : Easy pass.

Voyager Sentinel...LOOKS AMAZING !!! NOT !!! He looks frickin horrible...Heck I think the Commander class looks better than this piece of crap. The cannon is way too huge for him and his backpack...Just oh my god...The chest looks worst than his commander class...I have more to say but you get the message...

Fireburst looks amazing but I dont like the huge tanks...Seriously if they remove that I would be all over this figure in a heartbeat.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1257046)
Posted by Sunspot on July 11th, 2011 @ 6:18pm CDT
Spoiler alert: the last few pages of Ironhide's gallery.

Are the Hasbro and Takara versions both mixed into the same gallery or something? Sometimes he has a grey face and sometimes he has a gold face.
Re: New Galleries: DOTM Leader Ironhide, Voyager Sentinel Prime, and Voyager Fireburst Optimus Prime (1257865)
Posted by Seibertron on July 12th, 2011 @ 7:37pm CDT
Sunspot wrote:Spoiler alert: the last few pages of Ironhide's gallery.

It's the same version ... I bought two and removed the face shield on the extra one so that I could provide comparison pics to all of you.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime Arms Micron M-01 Shining OP Model Kit Clear Dark Blue" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Airport Blastoff Blades" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Universal Studios Exclusive Transformers - Evac Statue 12" Statue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universal Studios Exclusive Evac" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition CLIFFJUMPER Deluxe Figure Complete PLS READ!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL OF CYBERTRON FOC SHOCKWAVE DELUXE CLASS 100% COMP." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes - Throne of the Primes - SDCC 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Front Section Hasbro part original 1986" on EBAY