New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe

New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe

Thursday, May 12th, 2016 2:09pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,746

The fandom seems abuzz with opinions on the upcoming Transformers Titans Return line, as we've seen from the conversation following the stock images we reported on recently. So here at Seibertron.com we've dipped back into where a lot of those characters started!

Check out our new galleries for the Decepticon Headmasters from all the way back in G1, and the year 1987: backwards self-talking Weirdwolf, tooth grinding fighter Skullcruncher, and master of dark forces Mindwipe! Each of course joined by their Nebulon partners Monzo, Grax, and Vorath respectively. All of these characters will be receiving updated toys in the upcoming Transformers Titans Return line later this year. You can view the galleries by clicking on any of the images below.

If you've been keeping count, this update brings us to 3,996 galleries. You know what that means? Only 4 left until the big milestone! What do you think the gallery will be? What would you want it to be?

G1 1987 Weirdwolf (134 images) - Headmasters

Transformers News: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe

G1 1987 Monzo (56 images) - Nebulans

G1 1987 Skullcruncher (124 images) - Headmasters

G1 1987 Grax (49 images) - Nebulans

G1 1987 Mindwipe (121 images) - Headmasters

G1 1987 Vorath (53 images) - Nebulans

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 12th, 2016 2:27pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1789038)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 12th, 2016 @ 2:51pm CDT
I was wondering what was up with the the gigantic eyes/visors the Headmasters universally had, then I saw this:
Never imagined they actually hid the faces on these things! That's pretty impressive.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1789055)
Posted by Optimizzy on May 12th, 2016 @ 3:30pm CDT
oh man yes. been waiting for this. I had mindwipe when I was a kid
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1789088)
Posted by Rainmaker on May 12th, 2016 @ 4:41pm CDT
Aw yeahhh

also there's a bit of hair/plastic coming off on Grax's arm

:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1789168)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 12th, 2016 @ 8:55pm CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:Aw yeahhh

also there's a bit of hair/plastic coming off on Grax's arm

:MAXIMAL:
That shows how manly he is. :MR-T: :P
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1789190)
Posted by kurthy on May 12th, 2016 @ 9:35pm CDT
I remember loving these as a kid, but look at that impressive articulation. Hardhead had a grand total of 6 points of articulation (shoulders, wrists, and toes) and all were required for transformation. These guys have slightly more in that they have elbows and knees. So happy for the updates that are coming. It's also hard to go Takara screen accurate on their updates since I fell in love with the toys, not the characters since I'm American and didn't know about the comics until much later. These toys and their bios are the only thing I really know about them (Rebirth doesn't count). I always loved how Mindwipe looked like a cross between Ratbat and Soundwave. Not to mention transformers with cockpits!
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1789237)
Posted by frogbat on May 13th, 2016 @ 3:18am CDT
in spite of not being too fond of animal transformers (the concept bugs me) these guys were amongst my faves. Had weird wolf and mindwipe and I struggle to recall if I ever had seen skullcruncher in the shops as a kid.

weird wolf is still in quite a good condition. Mind wipe got quartered in an epic battle or two.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1805932)
Posted by Va'al on July 15th, 2016 @ 4:12pm CDT
We gave you a taste of Galvatron in the new Titans Return line, so we decided to head back in time - time being the key word - to 2006 and the one and only e-Hobby exclusive that represents in plastic form Galvatron II!

The character is an alternate timeline version of the original reformatting of Megatron, in the Takara release of the toy colour scheme, a triumphant Unicron's servant who rules over Earth, but forced once more to complete the Chaos-Bringer's task of destroying Cybertron - as seen in Marvel's Transformers comics. The toy in the gallery below is the only official version of this character, and includes new stickers, new Japanese sound clips, and a Creation Matrix in green diecast. Check it out!

e-Hobby Exclusives Galvatron II (164 images) - Miscellaneous

Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1805943)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 15th, 2016 @ 5:52pm CDT
Love this dude especially his new soundclips and his pimp Flavor Flav style matrix.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1805987)
Posted by shajaki on July 15th, 2016 @ 8:19pm CDT
I shoulda bought this guy when he was new, but I opted Mr.Purple. Also, it bugs me how Mr.Purple is constantly mistaken for the E-Hobby version of the two when this fella is actually the exclusive 8-)
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1805994)
Posted by MaverickPrime on July 15th, 2016 @ 8:44pm CDT
He has the purple Galvatron's retooled face, right?
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1806007)
Posted by Seibertron on July 15th, 2016 @ 10:58pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:He has the purple Galvatron's retooled face, right?

Yes he does, which I didn't know until I opened my sealed Galvatron II yesterday. I was expecting the unaltered face, but should've have known it'd be the other. Sticker placement was a little confusing since the instructions were a little different from the original.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1806011)
Posted by MaverickPrime on July 16th, 2016 @ 1:52am CDT
I really wanna get a G1 Galvatron, I don't know what it is, but while the first time I saw it I was repelled by how inaccurate it was, over time, I've come to be really enchanted by his design, specially after I learned he actually had hips AND knees that could move!
At first I thought "hey, I'll try to get the beautifully accurate purple one!" But I've come to terms with the grey toy, so really, all I want is one in good condition, regardless of the colors.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1806015)
Posted by frogbat on July 16th, 2016 @ 3:15am CDT
Used to love him as a kid. Having missed out on the first year releases home and ultra manus were my leaders till PM Optimus prime came along.

Seeing him shot in such details makes me ponder as to how I handled the disconnect between the cartoon and toy.

his leg joints did indeed mean he was amongst the most articulated toys of his day. Also did quite enjoy his gun mode as ridiculous as it was.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1806042)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 16th, 2016 @ 8:11am CDT
For those unaware, the new sticker decals included with the Galvatron II figure are based on an appearance of Galvatron as seen in this TV Magazine story page by Studio OX:

Though, at the time of this image's publishing, the Galvatron II character hadn't existed yet (he wouldn't exist until Simon Furman's creating him for Marvel G1 in 1990) so this early appearance of Galvatron fighting alongside Megatron, at a point that preceded both the 1986 movie and season 3, was either an intentional ruse meant to avoid spoiling Megatron's upgrade into Galvatron, or a case of the Japanese artists and writers honestly being unaware at the time that Megs and Galvy were supposed to be the same character, which is possible but we simply don't know.

With this e-HOBBY release taking inspiration from the pre-Movie Japanese appearances of Galvatron, one can think of the early Galvatron appearances as now being appearances of Galvatron II instead. Retcons!
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1806071)
Posted by ScottyP on July 16th, 2016 @ 10:57am CDT
The vintage Galvatron needs no matrix on a chain, since his is on the inside.

If you don't get that joke, see http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... rive/35820
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (1906804)
Posted by Va'al on August 27th, 2017 @ 11:11am CDT
We have another treat for you all, Seibertronians, as site owner Seibertron has taken out some Platinum Edition toys to show off. This time? Decepticon purple space t-rex Trypticon! Along with Full Tilt and Brunt, the ship/base/muncher wanders into the Platinum line, with a tweaked deco, a new box, comparison shots with original G1 version - stay tuned for more on that too...

With the current Titans Return iteration of the same character at retail - whose gallery you can find here - this is the best time for a dive into recent nostalgia, before the main event. Check out the sample images below, and click on any of them to access the full gallery!

Platinum Edition Trypticon (182 images) - Miscellaneous

Platinum Edition Full-Tilt (70 images) - Miscellaneous

Platinum Edition Brunt (27 images) - Miscellaneous

Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (2100343)
Posted by Seibertron on April 4th, 2021 @ 1:30am CDT
While photographing the HasLab crowdfunded War for Cybertron Trilogy UNICRON, I decided it was best to also knock out galleries for Platinum Unicron with Kranix as well as Encore Unicron of Light with Bug. I figured when else was I going to transform all of these Unicrons again in the near future? Platinum Unicron is the newest release of the "G1" styled Armada Unicron with a lighter shade of "blue" for the planet mode parts and includes Kranix which is essentially the same deco as the version which came with the 2011 Amazon exclusive Unicron. The Encore "Unicron of Light" figure is meant to be an homage of the Lucky Draw release, of which we had the pleasure of photographing WAY back in 2010 (courtesy of fellow Seibertronian JRFitzpatrick7). Without further ado, check out the highlights below of Encore Unicron of Light and Platinum Edition Unicron!

Transformers Encore Unicron of Light (139 images) - Supreme Class

Transformers Encore Dead End (66 images) - Mini-Cons

Platinum Edition Unicron (142 images) - Supreme Class

Platinum Edition Kranix (69 images) - Mini-Cons, Supreme Class

Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (2100365)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2021 @ 8:46am CDT
Green Unicron is really cool, but it suffers from some severe mold degradation. 'Tis what happens when its the latest release of a most that's been used so much. Still, it's really cool to have what is essentially a "Good Guy Unicron toy", what with this not actually being Unicron himself but an energy doppelganger made up of Mini-Cons.

Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (2100372)
Posted by Seibertron on April 4th, 2021 @ 9:59am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Green Unicron is really cool, but it suffers from some severe mold degradation. 'Tis what happens when its the latest release of a mold that's been used so much.

Surprisingly, my Green Unicron feels more stable than the Platinum Unicron. It's easily the worst of my bunch (though Energon Unicron hasn't faired that well either). My Platinum Unicron suffered from the right side of the crotch piece constantly falling off as well as one of the planet maw shell wing pieces on his back.

Sabrblade wrote:Platinum Edition Unicron, on the other hand, I was more than happy to skip. Lazy reuse of the Amazon deco, but made worse with that baby blue. Say what one will about what shade of blue/gray Unicron is, we can all agree that he isn't that shade. So glad they did not use it for the HasLab figure.

I absolutely agree. It's a really bad blue. The Amazon one is a weird blue also. I don't know what color I think Unicron's planet mode should be, but it's not any of those for sure. I still am not a big fan of the shade used for HasLab Unicron either. I wish they had done something unique with it that had a bluish gray swirly sheen to it or something. Just something unique so that it looked grayer in some lights and bluer in other lights.

Sabrblade wrote:Still, it is cool that you got his eyes changed from red to green. Nice work. ;)^

That was the big draw for Platinum Unicron. He came with the green eyes ... but it's too bad that the LED light is still red instead of green. The pics of his head opened up was me trying to fix the light up feature. Out of the box, mine didn't work. I have no idea what I did to fix it, but when I reassembled the head the lights worked. I'm assuming there was a pinched wire or something.

One peculiar oddity about Platinum Unicron is that they changed the orientation of the batteries for just that release. Every other Unicron I have had the batteries facing the same direction, but just Platinum Unicron has the batteries so one is facing positive up and the other is facing negative up.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Decepticon Headmasters Weirdwolf, Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (2100378)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2021 @ 10:58am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

My ideal shade would be a nice halfway between the blue of the Amazon and HasLab Unicrons and the gray of Welcome to Transformers 2010 Unicron.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY