New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack

New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack

Sunday, March 27th, 2016 10:30pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 33,941

Fellow Seibertronians, today we bring you four new galleries positively brimming with G1 goodness with the Deluxe Insecticons: Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack. You may recognize a familiar face amongst them, as Chop Shop has just received a Combiner Wars Legends Class update, so check out Chop Shop and his Insecticon cohorts and let us know what you think in the comments below.

G1 1985 Venom

Transformers News: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack

G1 1985 Chop Shop

G1 1985 Ransack

G1 1985 Barrage

Credit(s): Seibertron from Seibertron.com

Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1775904)
Posted by Rainmaker on March 27th, 2016 @ 10:54pm CDT
Wow, they look like pretenders almost.

Gotta say, I like G1 Chop Shop better than CW Chop Shop.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1775910)
Posted by Ultra Markus on March 27th, 2016 @ 11:47pm CDT
i always liked those guys, thought they had better robot modes than the other three
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1775911)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 28th, 2016 @ 12:26am CDT
I'm waiting for an official or even a 3rd party release of a proper Venom. Desperately. Venom was one of the first Transformers i ever owned as a kid. HE looks fantastic in both modes and i love that his whole torso is die cast.

Will somebody please make an updated Venom please!!
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1775912)
Posted by Seibertron on March 28th, 2016 @ 1:00am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:I love the Deluxe Insecticons. This gallery inspired me to pull all mine out of storage. THey are a glorious looking team.

Will somebody please make an updated Venom please!!

These guys have been part of my collection in one form or another for at least 10 years or so. I've gone through a few different versions of them trying to get them ready for the galleries. At one point I was going to do repro labels on them, but one by one I obtained original sticker sheets, better versions of them, and so on.

A mosquito or something along those lines is what I always thought Venom was because I thought his insect mode had a needle nose. A harmless Cicada was not what I thought Venom was and I love that he has a happy face as a Cicada. :D

What's the deal with Barrage's fragile green plastic?
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1775915)
Posted by Rainmaker on March 28th, 2016 @ 1:58am CDT
Atleast it isn't (fragile) gold plastic.

(G2 Barrage with gold plastic, now!)

:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1775985)
Posted by Seibertron on March 28th, 2016 @ 10:51am CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:Atleast it isn't (fragile) gold plastic.

(G2 Barrage with gold plastic, now!)

:MAXIMAL:

It might as well be. The "horns" on his chest easily break, the insect legs break off, and on the one featured in this gallery, the hinge joint for his insect mode's horns broke, which I finally managed to get superglued back together so that it would be functional at least for my gallery so that I could finish them. I'll look for a 3rd replacement for this figure in my collection while I'm at BotCon next month.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1775999)
Posted by MGrotusque on March 28th, 2016 @ 11:49am CDT
My barrage is still in good shape but I tread lightly around him. I don't want him to break. He's a tough guy to find in good condition and I got a nice minty one.

I have 3 different Venoms in varying degrees of awesomeness. Accept for one. I was so excited to finally get him in hand and relish in child like nestalgia that I dropped him and snapped his arm off. So bummed.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1776000)
Posted by Diem on March 28th, 2016 @ 11:50am CDT
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1776003)
Posted by Seibertron on March 28th, 2016 @ 11:56am CDT
Diem wrote:I had no idea Barrage had such a goofy robot face, since I've only seen him from a distance before.

His face is the odd one out in this quartet. His body is fine, it's just hist face that's goofy. It'd be interesting to see Combiner Wars Bombshell with an updated Barrage head.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1776769)
Posted by Bounti76 on March 31st, 2016 @ 2:53pm CDT

Will somebody please make an updated Venom please!!

According to TFWiki, it doesn't seem likely we'll ever get reissues of these guys, since Bandai owns the molds. Still, just like Chop Shop has been retooled from Generations Shrapnel, there's nothing to stop HasTak from creating new molds or slightly retooling existing molds to give these guys some love.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783187)
Posted by Va'al on April 21st, 2016 @ 2:17am CDT
Not that it looks it will be that needed, but just in time to help get everyone excited for Hasbro's upcoming Titans Return line, Seibertron.com is happy to present a new set of galleries in the Generation 1 catch-up, all the way from 1987, featuring G1 Targetmasters Slugslinger, Misfire, Triggerhappy, Crosshairs, Pointblank, and Sureshot - and two for the price of one (still free!), we also include their tiny Targetmaster partners (as we will see happening with Titan Masters soon, though in different size) Caliburst, Aimless, Blowpipe, Pinpointer, Peacemaker, and Spoilsport!

Waiting for the full update for these figure in new Generations molds, click on any of the images below to browse through a numbers of blasts from the past, includin 360° looks at the figures, under the foot and comparison shots - pew pew.

G1 1987 Slugslinger

G1 1987 Triggerhappy

G1 1987 Misfire

G1 1987 Pointblank

G1 1987 Sureshot

G1 1987 Crosshairs

G1 1987 Caliburst

G1 1987 Blowpipe

G1 1987 Aimless

G1 1987 Peacemaker

G1 1987 Spoilsport

G1 1987 Pinpointer

Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783189)
Posted by Rainmaker on April 21st, 2016 @ 2:19am CDT
I surely thought Sureshot was a Decepticon targetmaster.

:MAXIMAL:

(Pun partially intended)
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783191)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 21st, 2016 @ 2:33am CDT
Nice galleries! Especially loved Pointblank and Peacemaker.....those were the only Targetmaster(s) I ever had as a kid.

Did you have any trouble transforming the Decepticon Targetmaster partners? I know they're notorious for breaking at the hips.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783193)
Posted by Cyberpath on April 21st, 2016 @ 2:50am CDT

Pioneers.

Never had any Targetmasters, but always liked the introduction of the new Autobot cars and Decepticon jets to the series.
So is this group getting new molds in Titans Return?
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783207)
Posted by Microraptor on April 21st, 2016 @ 7:04am CDT
How come we haven't had a redeco of Safeguard as Blowpipe? They look so similar!
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783234)
Posted by Big Grim on April 21st, 2016 @ 8:58am CDT
I had Targetmaster Kup. Loved him and Recoil.

Always wanted the Decepticon Targetmasters. They look awesome!
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783251)
Posted by 8 bit on April 21st, 2016 @ 10:47am CDT

I enjoyed these galleries! I think Slugslinger has aged the best; just a nice, balanced G1 toy.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783266)
Posted by Seibertron on April 21st, 2016 @ 11:37am CDT
8 bit wrote:I've got Crosshairs, the only Targetmaster I had as a kid. Funny how the Decepticon jets have clear windows and the Autobots are painted on; the color schemes and designs for the Deceptions look better too IMO.

I've always thought it was kind of odd that the 1987 Autobot Targetmasters were smaller than their Decepticon counterparts. They almost look like they were designed by two different people, especially when you consider how their Targetmaster weapons are different for each faction. Even the heads are a similar style for each group. The size difference in the Autobot and Decepticon Headmasters is also something to note, but it always seemed more to do with the way Hardhead and Chromedome "unfold" which is why they ended up with such larger robot modes than the other 5.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783442)
Posted by frogbat on April 22nd, 2016 @ 1:38am CDT
As a kid I think target masters were the only sub series I never had been able to get my hands on. Always wanted a couple, especially the deceptions, I have some modern updates and a reissue Kup but these guys would be awesome to see reissued and updated.
Re: New Galleries: G1 Deluxe Insecticons Venom, Chop Shop, Barrage, and Ransack (1783799)
Posted by skywarp408 on April 23rd, 2016 @ 7:32pm CDT
Excellent photos. Got all these mib. Slugslinger is the best looking one I feel. The names of the Targetmaster partners are the best part. :D

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars MOTORMASTER Bio Card" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers TITANS RETURN G1 IDW Windcharger Gnaw Action Figure No Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Lot Onslaught Moonracer Rook Swindle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Sunstreaker (Optimus Maximus) MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "TransFormers Generations Series Megatron & Optimus Prime" on EBAY