New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide

Thursday, September 24th, 2015 10:11pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 71,832

A G1 color scheme on a newer mold figure is nothing new, it's been used for quite some time in the Transformers toy collecting world, but sometimes those color choices take solidly designed molds and really make 'em pop.

Our next two figures in question are no slouches and stand out quite a bit. Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest galleries:

Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide!

These Asian region exclusives take two of the best movieverse Leader Class molds and redresses them to look like their G1 counterparts and both wear it well. Especially Ironhide, who is an excellent figure and is not one to be passed over, in any color scheme. Starscream is second only to ROTF Optimus Prime, he's that solid of a Leader Class figure and he looks like he stepped right out of the screen. What better way to make him look all pretty than to slap on his G1 counterpart's coat of many colors?

You can see the original molds in our galleries here and here, and check out their cooler than cool repaints below:

Generations Starscream

Transformers News: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide

Generations Ironhide

Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1728714)
Posted by It Is Him on September 24th, 2015 @ 10:28pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1728733)
Posted by misfire19d on September 24th, 2015 @ 11:03pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:Oh yeah, these guys! It's probably for the best these were never released in the U.S. They're definitely fun repaints, but I suspect they would have clogged shelves.

Yeah, these things were made to appeal to the more traditional Transformers enthusiasts. Let me put this delicately, repainted excrement should still be flushed.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1728739)
Posted by Seibertron on September 24th, 2015 @ 11:31pm CDT
As I was trying to make room for more Seibertron.com Store Christmas inventory this week, came across a tub of figures I had forgotten about from a few years ago, so I decided to finish up the galleries for these 2 figures that I had started work on about 2.5 years ago. Feels good to have two more old galleries off my back.

I also started and finished the galleries for Year of the Snake Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme earlier this week. Hopefully I can get those posted soon.

Q Transformers Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, and Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream are next up in the galleries. If things go as plannedthey will be posted tomorrow night or Saturday.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1728756)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 25th, 2015 @ 12:02am CDT
They are looking very nice. My sister has the Ironhide and it is a fun figure, and both of those paint jobs just make them pop! :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1728772)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 25th, 2015 @ 1:53am CDT
They're both among the absolute best Transformers figures ever made but I prefer their movie-accurate colouring.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1728774)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 25th, 2015 @ 2:03am CDT
Perhaps Chromia was bored one day and decided to paint Ironhide's toenails....?
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1728874)
Posted by Shockwave7 on September 25th, 2015 @ 9:35am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1729058)
Posted by Lucky Logician on September 25th, 2015 @ 10:24pm CDT
Shockwave7 wrote:The GDO Starscream looks good as a jet with that color scheme, but that robot mode... what an eyesore. Then again, I've never been a fan of the Bayverse toys.
I like the robot mode. Look at his crotch. It clearly identifies him as working for the Umbrella Corporation. ;)

Speaking of which, maybe they should unify the Resident Evil and Transformers movie franchises. Mindless action flicks with minimal character development. Sounds like a match made in heaven. :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1729885)
Posted by Va'al on September 29th, 2015 @ 12:10pm CDT
We've had a fellow Seibertronian offer a quick review of the Japanese release of Leader class Ultra Magnus, but we are now also ready to share the full Seibertron.com gallery for the big boy - feast your optics below on Takara Tomy Legends LG-14 Ultra Magnus with Alpha Trion!

The latter replaces the IDW-inspired Minimus Ambus mini figure, with a new purple and red deco, and the main Magnus figure has also received some different paint applications though the scheme remains the same of course. The gallery, accessible by clicking any of the images below, offers comparisons, both modes, features and accessories, so scroll down and deal with it. Now.

Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus

Transformers Legends Alpha Trion

Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1729898)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on September 29th, 2015 @ 12:44pm CDT
Looks cool, diggin those red legs
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1729927)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 29th, 2015 @ 1:54pm CDT
So, of course, I go out and get UM today, unfortunately, the right lower-leg transformation assembly is completely screwed up, something internally cracked when transforming it into vehicle mode, and now it won't go into leg mode :BANG_HEAD:

And, of course, the leg is made entirely of pins, so I can't even open it up to fix it; thanks hasbro, you always come through in the end :roll:

Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: So I ran out an got the other one that was at my Target, and he had the problem in both legs! I immediately returned it, and got my other on ready to return :(

Now, I'm really jaded and wary towards getting a replacement for him; it's sad, cuz I really wanted to like him, but he might be too much of a hassle to get a 'good' one Image
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1729969)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 29th, 2015 @ 3:39pm CDT
That extra lower-leg paint looks really good. Still ok with the hasbro white thighs, but the red does look nice nonetheless :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1729981)
Posted by Mkall on September 29th, 2015 @ 4:01pm CDT
Good pics! I'm excited to get mine soon.

I was hoping for comparison shots with G1 Magnus though. Shame really.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1730011)
Posted by Seibertron on September 29th, 2015 @ 6:54pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Good pics! I'm excited to get mine soon.

I was hoping for comparison shots with G1 Magnus though. Shame really.

Here you go! Comparison pics!

Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1730028)
Posted by Cobotron on September 29th, 2015 @ 7:46pm CDT
I sorta did a comp too.

:lol: :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1730036)
Posted by Mkall on September 29th, 2015 @ 8:17pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Mkall wrote:Good pics! I'm excited to get mine soon.

I was hoping for comparison shots with G1 Magnus though. Shame really.

Here you go! Comparison pics!

Thanks!

I'm surprised actually that Hasbro's is closer to the G1 toy's colours. I would've though that was a Takara thing.

If only the white wasn't so dull.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1730039)
Posted by Seibertron on September 29th, 2015 @ 8:26pm CDT
Mkall wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Mkall wrote:Good pics! I'm excited to get mine soon.

I was hoping for comparison shots with G1 Magnus though. Shame really.

Here you go! Comparison pics!

Thanks!

If only the white wasn't so dull.

Neither are accurate to the toy or the cartoon model. Not sure what either company was going after. I'm assuming Hasbro's version is supposed to be more like the IDW version, but Takara's version missed the toy accurate paint scheme though that's what it seems to be going after. If they both had the pure white plastic of the Takara version, you'd still have to hodgepodge them together to get a toy accurate version (and then you'd still be unable to get an accurate one because the blues are different, and the head antennae are painted white on Takara's and silver on Hasbro's ... toy accuracy would require silver antennae).

I like both, but I think I prefer the Hasbro version despite the off-white and off-blue colors because I'm not a fan of the upper red legs, the white antennae and a few other details.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1730050)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 29th, 2015 @ 9:26pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1730072)
Posted by Seibertron on September 29th, 2015 @ 11:18pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I just skimmed through the CW Leader Armada Megatron gallery. I like your shots, it's making me want to actually go out and get the figure. :lol: However, I was a bit disappointed to not find any comparison shots with the original Armada Megatron. Unless I missed them?

I usually only do the original figure with the first version of a new mold, and then it's just comparison shots with the existing mold, unless the newer version really warrants comparison shots with the original toy. You'll have to check out the Combiner Wars Armada Megatron gallery to see comparison shots with the original Armada Megatron. Here's some images that will answer your questions about what Takara's Armada Megatron looks like with the original Armada Megatron.

Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Leader Class Starscream and Ironhide (1730084)
Posted by Va'al on September 30th, 2015 @ 1:28am CDT
We brought you Legends LG14 Ultra Magnus in the latest update, how about two more figures from Takara Tomy Legends? The newest instalment of the Seibertron.com galleries feature two black box exclusives from the Tokyo Toy Show 2015: Deluxe Class Black Convoy and Leader Class Armada Megatron!

The latter is the Japanese release deco of the Generations Combiner Wars partner in crime of the Leader class waves (whose gallery you can find here) - homaging the first appearance of the antlered Decepticon leader from Armada. The other figure is a re-offering, with new deco, of the G2 Laser Prime deluxe mold from the Reveal the Shield and United lines, and used by the TFCC for their exclusive Scourge figure. Black, red and teal has its appeal everywhere it seems - click on any image for the full works!

Transformers Legends Black Convoy

Transformers Legends Armada Megatron

Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers NEW * Voyager Sandstorm * Generations Selects Exclusive WFC-GS21" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock MISB 2012" on EBAY