Friday, May 15th, 2015 6:13pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,155

A blast from the recent past to kick off the weekend - before Combiner Wars, there was just Generations, and you might remember the Asian market exclusive GDO Legend Class figures for Thundercracker, Bluestreak, Hoist and Motormaster Motorbreath. And even if you don't, Seibertron.com brings you their galleries, viewable by clicking on any of the images below.

Take some time to savour the changes in character updates over just a couple of years, with Thundercracker soon to see its full release in Leader Class form, Motormaster part of wave 2 of Combiner Wars, Hoist already a Generations Deluxe and Bluestreak appearing in the Masterpiece line, by comparing the new galleries to the links we just provided.

Generations Thundercracker

Transformers News: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak

Generations Bluestreak

Generations Hoist

Generations Motorbreath

Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1686193)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on May 15th, 2015 @ 11:47pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1686195)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 15th, 2015 @ 11:51pm CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:Very nice, but why the delay on this figures? I love legion scale, I am glad seibertron finally has this ones on the gallery. Cheers
Ryan's just one guy doing this, so he needs the time to do all of it, and tends to put up galleries of figures when they become relevant. My guess is that these went up now to build anticipation toward a forthcoming gallery of Leader Thundercracker.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1686307)
Posted by Seibertron on May 16th, 2015 @ 11:48am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Actually this is the real reason ... https://www.facebook.com/Seibertron/photos/a.10152944816365070.1073741843.14462290069/10153311896540070/?type=1&theater

I keep putting off the GDO figures thinking that I want to do a group shot with all of them but just haven't been able to find the time to do all of them at one time. So I decided to forego the group shot of all of the GDO figures so that I can get them up finally. With Legion Skywarp just coming out, it seemed silly to put his gallery up but still not have Thundercracker posted. I have probably well over a hundred or more Legions/Legends/Cyberverse that need proper galleries up. The good news is that I can knock them out quickly ... I did 20 Legions/Legends/EZ galleries on Thursday this past week so we'll be seeing them pop up from time-to-time.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1686309)
Posted by Seibertron on May 16th, 2015 @ 11:56am CDT

I love the Legion/Cyberverse scale too for some reason. They're some of my favorite Transformers from the past decade. Just fun little figures. My biggest gripe with them are the lack of weapons. I really wish they would all have weapons. I didn't realize until I did the GDO galleries that the guns for Bluestreak and Hoist were molded after their G1 weapons. Nice that someone is paying attention to small details like that.

I also really want to see the Seeker mold done as Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge. It'd be nice if they had their appropriate wings/weapons, but I think at this price scale I'd be fine with them just using the same mold since you can make them into coneheads. To me, that is the most defining feature of those 3 characters. I'll also take a Smokescreen from the Prowl mold, and I'm sure we can think of some creative uses for other ones. It'd be great if they would come up with a mold that would accommodate Wheeljack and Tracks robot/vehicle modes so that there was another body style that could be used for repaint potential.

A comprehensive Beast Wars Cyberverse line is also in the top 10 of my want list, complete with the show characters and any easy repaints they can make along the way.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1686334)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 16th, 2015 @ 1:24pm CDT
I got Thundercraker and Motorbreathwith the GDO G2 set, they are wonderful figures, with the rerelease of RTS Legends Starscream and the upcoming legion Skywarp, I might finally complete a Seeker Trio! :D
Now, I wonder if they'll ever release that mold in Acid Storm's deco, he got a Legends AND A FRIGGIN' MASTERPIECE! One can dream, right? :P
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1686341)
Posted by carytheone on May 16th, 2015 @ 1:46pm CDT
TC has such a wicked little smirk. I nabbed Starscream the other day from Big Lots on a whim. He's a fun little guy. I also noticed he can become a cone head. How frightening would it be to see a jet with that face just looking down at you? Assuming it was either parked or hovering?

Motorbreath plays the role of tiny Nemesis Prime on my shelf.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695491)
Posted by william-james88 on June 6th, 2015 @ 3:02pm CDT
Here is a new gallery for you all, of Takara's version of Combiner Wars Megatron: Transformers Legends LG-13 Megatron.

In it you will find comparison shots to the Hasbro deco, showing the differences (some more subtle than others) between both figures. Generally, as per usual, Takara has chosen to go more toon accurate with its deco, replacing a lot of red parts with silver. Another interesting bit is that this is the very first Takara Legends figure to be packaged in robot mode. Enjoy!

Transformers Legends Megatron

Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695506)
Posted by Sir Soundwave42 on June 6th, 2015 @ 4:16pm CDT
I would love to see more galleries from Takara's United/Generations line.
Seeing United Megatron reminded me of how good Takara repaints can be.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695517)
Posted by carytheone on June 6th, 2015 @ 4:59pm CDT
So Seibertron, it appears you prefer his cannon backwards as well? I like the look of that end better, but I don't like how it seems a little stubby. I'm constantly flipping it back and forth depending on which way I look at it.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695537)
Posted by jamiko on June 6th, 2015 @ 8:31pm CDT
The Hasbro version is SOOOOOOO much better. What is the world coming to? :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695549)
Posted by .... on June 6th, 2015 @ 9:32pm CDT
To me, this guy doesn't look much better than the original.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695569)
Posted by G1OPT1MU5PR1M3 on June 6th, 2015 @ 11:10pm CDT
I prefer hasbro
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695618)
Posted by Unicron Magnus on June 7th, 2015 @ 8:18am CDT
I think that the Hasbro one looks better. The extra red adds contrast and breaks up all of the silver.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695648)
Posted by megatronus on June 7th, 2015 @ 10:41am CDT
I'm all about the Takara deco. I have the Hasbro version, but Takara's just reeks of G1-esque goodness.

All I want at this point is a cannon cover, whichever version one prefers...
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695739)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2015 @ 5:36pm CDT
An added bonus is that Takara's Legends LG13 Megatron actually is the (Japanese) G1 cartoon Megatron in yet another new (post-G2) body.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1695994)
Posted by Wheeljack808 on June 8th, 2015 @ 11:08am CDT
The difference is so minimal, nothing wrong with the Takara one but I like my Hasbro one just fine.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1698642)
Posted by Seibertron on June 15th, 2015 @ 9:21am CDT
The silver paint on the Hasbro version is a darker shade than the Takara version. The Hasbro version photographs better because of this (at least with my lighting setup). The only thing I really like better on the Takara version is that the shoulders and neck don't use the red plastic, which really irks me on the Hasbro version. I really wish Hasbro and Takara had figured out something with his knees so that he could do some better action poses than, well, just standing there basically.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1707060)
Posted by DMAA88 on July 7th, 2015 @ 9:15pm CDT
Just got mine, and aside from the minor paint differences, the articulation works better on Takara's, the fists and the head are not terribly hard to rotate, which scared me about the Combiner Wars version, The CW version is very stiff and it feels like you're about to break it, particularly the fists, on the down side the chest doesn't peg in as firmly as the CW one, less prone to brake, but I like the pegs on the chest better on the CW one, maybe that's just my Takara Megs, I owned the CW and then sold it in favor of Takara's and so far that's the one other difference I found between the 2.
Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1707270)
Posted by Va'al on July 8th, 2015 @ 2:42pm CDT
As San Diego Comic Con 2015 is just round the corner, Seibertron.com is proud the present the second exclusive Hasbro Transformers set debuting at and exclusive to the event: the Combiner Hunters three-pack of Chromia, Arcee and Windblade - of which we first saw official images here!

The set includes the three previously released figures, under the Generations line, of the same characters (which you can find here, here and here) but with new paintjobs each and accessories borrowed from other figures in the lines so far, to reflect their appearance in the IDW Publishing Combiner Hunters one shot. Check out the warrior-esque new incarnations of the assassin, bodyguard and Cityspeaker below, and click on any image for the full show!

Comic-Con Exclusives Combiner Hunters Arcee

Comic-Con Exclusives Combiner Hunters Windblade

Comic-Con Exclusives Combiner Hunters Chromia

Re: New Galleries: Generations GDO Legends Class Motorbreath, Thundercracker, Hoist, and Bluestreak (1707272)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2015 @ 2:55pm CDT
The is the only SDCC 2015 set I want! =P~

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series 61 Voyager  Dark of the Moon Sentinel Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Optimus Prime Tin Box Lunch Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Constructicons Long Haul Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Crosshairs" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Hasbro Transformers Sea Spray" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.o.t.f  Fast Action Battlers Devastation blast long haul 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Action Figure LONG HAUL 42" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Studios Series Voyager Class - KSI Boss #43 US Seller!!!" on EBAY