New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin

New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin

Monday, September 15th, 2014 7:23pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,869

Let's bring you some Transformers toys too to kick the week off, shall we? Click on any of images below to view the full galleries that Seibertron.com has just added to its gigantic repository: Hasbro Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse (redeco/retool of Swerve and his Targetmaster Flanker) and Acid Storm with Venin (redeco/retool of Starscream and Waspinator) - check them out!

Generations Gears

Transformers News: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin

Generations Eclipse

Generations Acid Storm

Generations Venin

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606596)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 15th, 2014 @ 7:47pm CDT

I kinda want that Venin (Bugly!) but I don't have a need for an acid green jet. Why does it seem like I only ever want half of the figures in these things? Partner the little bugs with the big ones, Hasbro!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606598)
Posted by Seibertron on September 15th, 2014 @ 8:07pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Still waiting for Shrapnel here... all these Swerves, Optimuses, and Bees aren't moving.

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606599)
Posted by megatronus on September 15th, 2014 @ 8:16pm CDT
The only things that really bother me about these mold is that neither has head/neck articulation. It makes it so much harder to make them look dynamic what they have stationary noggins.

Oh well. I'm still gonna get them. I've been really digging the new Legends figures, and I aint stoppin' now!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606600)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 15th, 2014 @ 8:16pm CDT
whats the the deal with cosmos and swerve havent seen them on HTS or TOYSRUS.com or any retail store for that matter! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606610)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 15th, 2014 @ 9:06pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606620)
Posted by shajaki on September 15th, 2014 @ 10:04pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:The package art not even remotely resembling the actual figure doesn't help.
totally. it reminds me of the evolutions packaging (heres old and new!)... but there only one gears in this package...

Seibertron wrote:Anyone else think Gears' head looks like a hybrid between Gears and Brawn? I really hope Hasbro doesn't cheap out and use this head for Brawn.
sadly, i can easily see them doing this. make him green and yellow and hed be more brawn than he is gears right now.

megatronus wrote:I'm still gonna get them. I've been really digging the new Legends figures, and I aint stoppin' now!
ha! same here. so long as i can find em, ill buy em ;)
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606635)
Posted by Rated X on September 15th, 2014 @ 11:30pm CDT
The one time they get acid storms color right, they use a silly kiddie mold. So glad CHMS knocked it out the park years ago.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606636)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 15th, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Gears looks weird, like his head's too small or too low. The package art not even remotely resembling the actual figure doesn't help.
It's the lack of red paint on Gears' head. The head was sculpted to have the little red grooves that the package art has, but they were left unpainted in silver, making them barely noticeable and rendering Gears' head as looking less like Gears' head and more like Brawn's head.

Speaking of which,
I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I can't recall for 100% certainty, but it's telling me that I think I vaguely remember hearing about some plan of Hasbro's to redeco this Gears as Brawn using that head.

But, I also have this other nagging feeling that's telling me that I also vaguely remember hearing that said plans for Brawn didn't pan out.

I wish I could remember one or the other, or both, to be sure on either.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606693)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on September 16th, 2014 @ 8:48am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:I think Venin is actually supposed to be G1 Venom. From what I heard, a last minute change from Thundercracker to Acid Storm forced a different color scheme on Venin as well.

That's indeed the case, to offset the amount of blue already in the line. Thundercracker will still be released next year, albeit without a partner.

And Acid Storm oddly appeals to me in this form. :-?
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1606931)
Posted by ausbot on September 17th, 2014 @ 6:01am CDT
I'm going to see what paint takara puts on Gear's head.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607868)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 21st, 2014 @ 11:46am CDT
It's that time again... New Galleries on Seibertron.com!

Our newest gallery roundup consists of the newest wave of Generations Deluxes, which is wave wave 4. The makeup of this assortment is 2x of Crosscut, Jhiaxus, Nightbeat and last, but certainly not least...Windblade!

Crosscut is a redeco and slight remold of the IDW Generations Skids mold from 2013, making this the second reuse of the mold and the first of the remolds to not be tied to movieverse. (You can see Skids gallery here, and info on Rollbar, here.)

Jhiaxus is not only a redeco of an existing mold, but a rather substantial remolding of it, too. (The origin mold, Generations Armada Starscream, can be seen here.) Jhiaxus first made his appearance as a Decepticon villain in Marvel's 1993 comic tie in, Transformers G2. The shortlived run lasted just about a year, but in that short period of time and since then, fans have been wanting a legit Jhiaxus figure and this guy is it.

Nightbeat's another classic character and while this newest version sadly doesn't feature the G1 original's Headmaster gimmick, it does retain that cool flame deco! Nightbeat is a redeco and remold of the IDW Generations Bumblebee/Goldbug (Goldfire) figure mold from 2013. You may note that his comic uses the RTS Jazz design, while the toy does not. (A point of contention for some fans.)

And finally, Windblade. This figure was made for the fans, by the fans! After a poll with various questions, Hasbro was given the criteria the fans demanded out of a figure and it had to be female and she had to be a jet. Hasbro listened and delivered, and Windblade is one of their most unique creations in recent history. From her striking Japanese inspired Kabuiki-esque look, to her curves and sharp edges. Speaking of sharp edges, she touts a killer sword that's just awesome to behold.

Speaking of Windblade, that's where we'll start. Click on any of the images, below, to be taken to that figure's full gallery:

Generations Windblade

Generations Nightbeat

Generations Crosscut

Generations Jhiaxus

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607873)
Posted by steve2275 on September 21st, 2014 @ 12:19pm CDT
very cool
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607877)
Posted by Madeus Prime on September 21st, 2014 @ 12:49pm CDT
Great galleries as usual. I don't get all the hate for Windblade, I don't really care for the head, too weird looking, I might paint over her facial makeup.

Also, has anybody tried supergluing her heels? I've watched the reviews, they wouldn't look to awful permanently fixed in vehicle mode.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607881)
Posted by Moonshot on September 21st, 2014 @ 1:07pm CDT
Windblade isn't that bad, I don't like her enough to buy though. If it was the Sarah Stone version of Windblade in figure form that would be a different story. Love Nightbeat though I changed his weapon first thing.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607883)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 21st, 2014 @ 1:14pm CDT
i don't get why they chose the bumble bee mold for night beat when they first showed us the jazz mold even the art work shows that :-?
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607884)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 21st, 2014 @ 1:14pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607890)
Posted by Zeek99g on September 21st, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
Why is it that I see Kang from the marvel universe in Jhiaxus? :-? There heads seem very similar. The most resemblance I see is on the comic.

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607896)
Posted by shajaki on September 21st, 2014 @ 2:42pm CDT
my opinion of nightbeat is a mixed bag. the original mold choice (RTS jazz) is vastly superior, but not for the character. the IDW bee mold suits the character much more. though that bee mold left me really disappointed.

i wont be skipping any figures from this assortment. they all look great!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607908)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 21st, 2014 @ 5:58pm CDT
cant wait to get my hands on this wave.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Gears with Eclipse and Acid Storm with Venin (1607913)
Posted by bumblebeej8 on September 21st, 2014 @ 7:01pm CDT
Can't wait to get Windblade! Those images are always fascinating.

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE AGE OF EXTINCTION ACTION FIGURE 2014" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION VOYAGER CLASS EVASION MODE OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Diecast 1:32 Scale Flame Design Jada" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT QUICK DRAW HOUND Power battler 2014." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 Constructicon Scrapmetal - Devastator Arm. MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Predaking - 30th Anniversary New Amazon Exclusive Platinum" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Autobot SLUG - TRU Evolution 2-Pack Exclusive Deluxe New Slag" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class Lightning Slash Thundercracker" on EBAY