New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick

New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick

Sunday, September 26th, 2010 8:29am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 64,581

Earlier this week, Seibertron brought us galleries of the Challenge at Cybertron set that includes repaints of Universe Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick. Today, he brings us the Henkei versions of these figures.

Galvatron was presented in the Henkei line with a lighter color scheme than this Universe counterpart. Both the gray and purple are lighter colors. He also has the chrome that was standard on all Henkei releases.

Cyclonus is also much lighter in color than his Universe figure. His lighter purple color scheme created many debates in the fandom over which figure was more cartoon accurate.

Nightstick is all about chrome in this release. Any part of him that was purple in the Universe release was chrome in Henkei.

This article was last modified on Sunday, September 26th, 2010 12:49pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129075)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 26th, 2010 @ 11:04am CDT
The only thing I have against Henkei Cyclonus is that his hexagonal belly button is yellow. Personally, it looks better if it was either red or maroon. With that aside, all 2 (or 3?) figures look handsome and sturdier than their Hasbro counterparts.
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129103)
Posted by Rated X on September 26th, 2010 @ 1:17pm CDT
Glad I copped the 3 pack versions. I dont like all that chrome on these figures. Ill cop Generations Henkei Scourge when it comes out and 3 hasbro versions as Sweeps.
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129107)
Posted by Seibertron on September 26th, 2010 @ 1:42pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129132)
Posted by Autobot Strider on September 26th, 2010 @ 3:13pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Either of the Hasbro version of the Cyclonus mold are leaps and bounds better than the light purple Cyclonus. I don't know what it is with Takara and this light purple. The Galvatron reissue could've been absolutely perfect but no it's a light purple that belongs on baby clothing. Same with Cyclonus. This is definitely NOT cartoon accurate purple.

I'm with you there... the regular Hasbro Cyclonus may be too dark, but it's still better than that Henkei lavender. :SICK:

The three-pack Cyclonus is, IMHO, the best colouration of the figure yet, in terms of cartoon accuracy. He's lighter than the general Hasbro release, but dark enough to avoid the ugliness of the Henkei toy.
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129167)
Posted by redguyver on September 26th, 2010 @ 5:55pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129234)
Posted by Seibertron on September 26th, 2010 @ 8:36pm CDT
redguyver wrote:I happen to like the colors its the closest to the cartoon coloring...although i never liked the lack of details on nightstick.....I like the purple of the 3pack release. although im sad its not going to be release in u.s...i never liked the classics colors too dark....they do make good huntsmen/armada from movie

Henkei Cyclonus' lavender color is very inaccurate. Either of the Hasbro versions are closer to both the cartoon and the original toys coloring. Here are some images from the cartoon to prove my point.

And the toys ...

G1 Targetmaster Cyclonus

Classics Universe Cyclonus

Challenge at Cybertron Cyclonus

Henkei Cyclonus

One more time just so you guys can see how wrong the Henkei's colors are ...

The original Hasbro Classics one is my favorite, but the Challenge at Cybertron one is probably the most accurate to the cartoon version. The Henkei's lavender doesn't make any sense at all, same with Takara's G1 Galvatron reissue.
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129268)
Posted by Seibertron on September 27th, 2010 @ 12:30am CDT
I wanted to mention that I do see that the Cyclonus' color varies in each of the stills that I posted. However, he's not light lavender in any of them, nor the comics.
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129269)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 27th, 2010 @ 12:33am CDT
Seibs, thanks for posting that. The 3-Pack Cyclonus is definitely accurate.
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129885)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on September 29th, 2010 @ 7:10am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

And the toys ...

G1 Targetmaster Cyclonus

Classics Universe Cyclonus

Challenge at Cybertron Cyclonus

Henkei Cyclonus

One more time just so you guys can see how wrong the Henkei's colors are ...

Man, Okay, so it's inaccurate...still, I like it. But Now that I have seen the Challenge at Cybertron one, I am n ot certain which I want more to be my "Armada"... I mean, I dont need three toys to have "Cyclonus and his Armada", but I like both the Henkei and CaC versions. But I don't think I need another Hot Rod or Galvatron... is CaC Galvatron also different?
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1129942)
Posted by Seibertron on September 29th, 2010 @ 11:04am CDT
Yes he is as well.

Here's the link to his gallery:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... tron/2150/
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1130033)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on September 29th, 2010 @ 4:28pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Yes he is as well.

Here's the link to his gallery:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... tron/2150/

Damn, wow. That is awesome for robot mode but butt ugly for vehicle mode. Looks very G1 Toy, no?
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1130046)
Posted by Seibertron on September 29th, 2010 @ 4:50pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Yes he is as well.

Here's the link to his gallery:
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... tron/2150/

Not really ... maybe if the colors were inverted.

Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1130055)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on September 29th, 2010 @ 5:26pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1130059)
Posted by Seibertron on September 29th, 2010 @ 5:32pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:You're right. I was looking at the "tone" of the colour, instead of the placement.

I don't think any of the three of them have the right shade of bluish purple. I'd almost rather see the original Cyclonus purple used on a future repaint of Galvatron. But I also don't have any hope in Takara Tomy getting their purples right either.
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1130061)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on September 29th, 2010 @ 5:34pm CDT
Takara love their Lavender.
Re: New Galleries: Henkei Galvatron, Cyclonus and Nightstick (1130075)
Posted by Mkall on September 29th, 2010 @ 5:57pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Takara love their Lavender.

Better than all-spark blue.

Great galleries as always Seibs!

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Trilogy Bombshock And Growl New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok Triple Changer & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue bots Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot of 2 Flip Racers Bumblebee & Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Racing Trailer Optimus Prime missing trailer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Heroes Epic Rescue Bots Action Figure Large 2013 22"" on EBAY