New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm

New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm

Friday, August 21st, 2015 2:50am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 39,007

Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest toy galleries, this time featuring the 2015 RID (Robots In Disguise) cartoon characters!

New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm

Drift, the Samurai and Fracture, the...well, random nasty Decepticon (voiced by none other than Kevin Pollak!) compete head to head with their Mini-Con partners in tow. Each bot is dangerous on their own, but deadly when together!

The Deployer figures do fully transform from robot mode to vehicle and back, although it tends to be heavily simplified and is built around the launcher and it's gimmick. What gimmick, you ask? Well deployment of the Mini-Cons, of course!

In vehicle mode, Drift launches Jetstorm out of the nose of his car form to send him blazing (literally, I might add!) into battle! Because of this, Drift's car mode tends to suffer visually, where as Fracture wins this round because of his altmode being that of a hoverbike, he comes with a sidecar that doubles as his deployment launcher!

While the articulation and transformations are simplified, it is the first Deluxe Class sized Fracture we've received in the toyline, so far and much like Drift, you have to buy him to obtain the Mini-Con he's partnered with. (They're worth it. Fun little buggers!)

That's not all! Collect the entire waves of Mini-Cons for form Energon beasts using their translucent armor pieces! Wave 1 creates what seems to be an Energon tiger, while bits of wave 1 and most of the armor from wave 2 creates a shark! Who knows what wave 3 has in store, but it's going to be fun to see! (I personally cannot wait. These are fun little gadgets, both the Deployers and the Mini-Cons. Throw in the extra of Energon build a figure and you're in for a treat!)

Enough from me, on with the show! Click on any of the images below to be taken to each figure's respective gallery:

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Drift

Transformers News: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Jetstorm

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Fracture

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Airazor

This article was last modified on Tuesday, October 4th, 2016 3:34pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719659)
Posted by RhA on August 21st, 2015 @ 5:42am CDT
Not feeling these guys.
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719668)
Posted by Henry921 on August 21st, 2015 @ 6:21am CDT
I will be sad if this is the only Warrior-scale Fracture we get. I love the character and wish he had a better toy. I like the character so much I'd go out and buy this in a heartbeat if I could remove the deployer attachment without having to use tools.

As is, saddened by missed opportunity.
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719679)
Posted by Yweggo on August 21st, 2015 @ 7:45am CDT
I don't want Drift, just Jetstorm....
Fracture I like a little bit better, still want him more for the Mini-Con.

Also, shouldn't Slipstream be the one packaged with Drift? I seem to remember Jetstorm not like Drift that much.
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719690)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2015 @ 8:44am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Drift, the Samurai and Fracture, the...well, random nasty Decepticon
Bounty hunter.

Then again, so too was Drift a bounty hunter as well.
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719691)
Posted by Noideaforaname on August 21st, 2015 @ 8:48am CDT
The overbearing gimmick, the lack of articulation, looking kinda like they couldn't decide on being main line or Construct-Bots, those are all pretty bad. But truth be told I think it's more damning the little guys can't plug into the big bots' arms.

.... and Drift STILL doesn't have his 'stache in the right color.
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719701)
Posted by Yweggo on August 21st, 2015 @ 10:02am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote: But truth be told I think it's more damning the little guys can't plug into the big bots' arms.

It really is. I thought both Drifts should have tabs on his arms for Mini-Cons. I mean really, that's basically how Slipstream and Jetstorm travel. Same with Airazor and Divebomb. With Fracture that might be slightly harder to pull off though 'cause of the way they designed him. But with the Drifts? No excuse. Its a pair of small tabs on his fore-arms, that look to me like they end up as his car doors. At least on the deluxe figure.

I heard somewhere that any Mini-Con is compatible with either deployer, can any verify that?
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719735)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 21st, 2015 @ 2:25pm CDT
If they weren't complete bricks, I'd be all over these guys >:oP
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719768)
Posted by RAcast on August 21st, 2015 @ 6:11pm CDT

Would it be nice if they had at least basic arm swivels? Yeah, but I knew what I was getting when I grabbed it, I just wanted to snag one to check out. It's won me over on the mini-con portion of the line for sure.

The deployers on the other hand... well they're kinda terrible. I don't plan to pick up either of them, but I sincerely hope we get a proper deluxe Fracture at some point down the line.
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719771)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 21st, 2015 @ 6:18pm CDT
RAcast wrote:I (finally!) found wave 1 yesterday on my way home from work, and I picked up Divebomb on a whim. He's so cool! Not only are the colors fantastic, he's just a fun little guy to fiddle with. The clear energon bits are a big win for me, the effect is great in both modes.

They're not just 'kinda', they definitely are terrible. It would have been cool, if it had been a slot launcher in they're chest, and were also satisfying voyager class figures; but, as they are - definitely garbage >:oP
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719794)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 21st, 2015 @ 9:09pm CDT
The warriors look very good. The deployers are ok, but I wish they weren't all bricks :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719817)
Posted by william-james88 on August 21st, 2015 @ 10:12pm CDT
Rounding out the deluge of new galleries for Robots in Disguise and Transformers Adventures toys comes the three most recent Takara Warrior Class figures: Drift, Sideswipe and Jazz! It is very interesting how the Takara deco can either really improve the figure, like in the case of Jazz' vehicle mode (you have to see it to believe it) or a different shade of plastic, like with Sideswipe and Drift. Take a look and let us know which of these is worth importing! All figures available for your perusal by clicking on any image below, of course.

Transformers Adventures Drift

Transformers Adventures Sideswipe

Transformers Adventures Jazz

Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719819)
Posted by william-james88 on August 21st, 2015 @ 10:16pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719822)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 21st, 2015 @ 10:37pm CDT

Oh, I'm right there with you. This is straight-up garbage (just remember, all that paint was sacrificed for all of those easy-change pieces of $hit)
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719823)
Posted by william-james88 on August 21st, 2015 @ 10:39pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I am still not over that heavy retooling spent on those 3 step changers.
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719826)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 21st, 2015 @ 10:49pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I am still not over that heavy retooling spent on those 3 step changers.

Yup, just remember that every time you wonder where all the :CON: 's are :-x

It may be a little vicious (yet, probably true), but between these easy-things, and the existence of a superior simple series, I just think the rid'15 easy-things have 'corporate suit decision' scribbled all over them >:oP
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719830)
Posted by Seibertron on August 21st, 2015 @ 11:05pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719832)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 21st, 2015 @ 11:18pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Sideswipe and Drift are also significantly different. Different shades or "oranges" on Drift and "reds" on Sideswipe. Sideswipe also has different text and the black in his vehicle mode is replaced with red on Takara's version. Sideswipe's wheels are also different. Drift has red paint on his vehicle mode doors, plus his goatee is painted.

Yeah, TT's Drift is staggeringly better on all accounts (especially his face)
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719834)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2015 @ 11:23pm CDT
How are the shoulders on Adventure Sideswipe? Did Takara fix them?
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719838)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 21st, 2015 @ 11:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:How are the shoulders on Adventure Sideswipe? Did Takara fix them?

Doubtful, apparently some of the 'clash' sideswipes' shoulders hold >:oP
Re: New Galleries: Minicon Deployers Fracture with Airazor and Drift with Jetstorm (1719839)
Posted by Seibertron on August 21st, 2015 @ 11:52pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Doubtful, apparently some of the 'clash' sideswipes' shoulders hold >:oP

The shoulders seem the same on Takara's version. Haven't opened my Clash of the Transformers Sideswipe yet. Will update you guys when I do his gallery in the next week hopefully.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-Hasbro Transformers Gen Legends Brawn" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Brainstorm, Chromedome, Highbrow, and Hardhead" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Blaster and Rewind" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Class Steelbane" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY