New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing

New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing

Friday, May 8th, 2015 2:19am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 29,030

When the Platinum Edition of Blitzwing and Astrotrain was first revealed, everyone was a little confused about the colour decos on the two, the latter in particular. Taking the 1985 Takara mold and eHobby exclusive, and painted in bright orange and white (almost Alpha Bravo colours!) was definitely quite a peculiar choice to accentuate, as the other toy in the box is really quite close to the original figure, though the mold is once more the Takara G1 version.

Nonetheless, Seibertron.com still brings you the full gallery treatment to this bizarre Platinum Edition set of the two Decepticon triplechangers, showing off all their three modes, comparisons with previous incarnations of the characters and our trademark under the foot shots - click on any image below to view them!

Platinum Edition Astrotrain

Transformers News: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing

Platinum Edition Blitzwing

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1683344)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on May 8th, 2015 @ 2:29am CDT
Love 'em. I'm a sucker for G1 figures in crazy, wacky colors. If you want the original colors, they're easy enough to find on ebay. These figures though? Come to papa...
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1683361)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 8th, 2015 @ 6:41am CDT
These guys are so weird! :SICK:
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1683388)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 8th, 2015 @ 9:21am CDT
I don't know man......easy pass for me. Those colours just don't do it for me on Astrotrain. I like my weird stuff aswell but maybe it's just the colours they chose that don't work for me.

Plus the "wacky" prices these things go for at retail makes that decision easier.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1683413)
Posted by triKlops on May 8th, 2015 @ 10:13am CDT
Glad to see the flicks.
I have my set on preorder with a bunch of other stuff so it will be a while before i get them in hand.
Still no "Official" word on the concept for the color schemes huh?
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1683479)
Posted by Seibertron on May 8th, 2015 @ 11:55am CDT
A few things about Astrotrain and Blitzwing ...

Astrotrain has the same flaw that the Hasbro Commemorative Astrotrain has that causes the shuttle tailfin to not sit properly for some reason like it does on the original Takara reissue, the e-Hobby version and the original. The two halves also don't press flat against each other.

The sticker that should be the light/reflector in the front of Astrotrain's train mode is misapplied to the front of his rifle/gun instead.

This version of Blitzwing is the same as the Takara book style reissue. It does not have the rubsign unfortunately, but it does have the pointier sword (as opposed to the rounded sword like the original Hasbro version). Oddly enough, the absence of the rubsign was corrected for e-Hobby Overcharge. While it comes with all 3 missiles, it does not have any springs to launch them.

Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1683746)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 9th, 2015 @ 10:42am CDT
Does the Platinum Blitzwing have plastic rather than metal feet? At least that's what it looks like from the picture
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1683777)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 9th, 2015 @ 1:43pm CDT
Blitzwheels looks really nice! Now where is that deco on the Generations voyager??? Don't get me wrong, I love the G1 mold, it's one of the very, very few G1 molds I've owned, I had a blue one when I was a little kid, but the newer one would be nicer.
As for Astrotrain...yeah, it Astrotrainwrecked, those are good colors, but they where applied kinda randomly, the homage doesn't really come across well, :/
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1683778)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 9th, 2015 @ 1:47pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:And Va'al is right, those are Alpha Bravo-ish colors, have you noted that movie 2007 Evac is pretty much movieverse Alpha Bravo? :-?
Or is Alpha Bravo...

...Generations Evac? ;)
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1693586)
Posted by Seibertron on June 2nd, 2015 @ 3:05pm CDT
I updated Million Publishing Skids gallery to include in-package images ...

Transformers Encore Skids

Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1693658)
Posted by Amelie on June 2nd, 2015 @ 6:40pm CDT
Hey, Seibertron -

Did Astrotrain still have the notorious odd legs that means he often leans to one side?
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1693663)
Posted by Seibertron on June 2nd, 2015 @ 6:59pm CDT
Amelie wrote:Hey, Seibertron -

Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1693666)
Posted by Amelie on June 2nd, 2015 @ 7:10pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Only if you don't pull the legs out all of the way. My original G1 doesn't have this problem either.

My original doesn't, but my old Takara TFC:Collection reissue had to almost use his rifle as a makeshift crutch!

Loved the Platinum galleries for Blitzwind and Astrotrain, btw. Its nice to see G1 love every now and then, even though I know it doesn't draw the site traffic like new stuff does. :)
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1693667)
Posted by Seibertron on June 2nd, 2015 @ 7:11pm CDT
Amelie wrote:

Yah if I had it my way, I'd work on nothing but finishing up G1, G2, and Beast Wars galleries. I'm making pretty good progress on them though. Slowly yet surely.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1705322)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 2nd, 2015 @ 1:43am CDT
Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest galleries:

G1 Powermasters Optimus Prime and Doubledealer

With this set, we're well on our way to having our biggest year of Transformers galleries, beating out 2014 which was our biggest year to date!

Up first? Powermaster Optimus Prime and his Powermaster Partner Hi-Q. This was a rebirth of Optimus after he died a horrible death at the hands of his eternal enemy Megatron in Transformers The Movie in 1986, and what a rebirth it is! Not only do you get the usual Optimus cab and trailer combo, but instead of a battle platform springing to life like his original trailer, you get a fully armed battle station! And Hi-Q gets to join in on the fun as he can interact with the weapons while Prime mans the main station. The best, however, was still to come because you could now combine Optimus with his trailer to form the biggest, baddest Optimus the US had ever seen... Powermaster Optimus Prime and he rocked it hardcore!

And would you take a look at that price tag from 1988? *sighs* :shock:

Last, but certainly not least, is Doubledealer! This double agent could change from Autobot robot to Decepticon buzzard to a missile carrier truck and back! But, much like Optimus, he could only do so with a little help from his friends Knok and Skar! With a shoulder mounted cannon and rifle formed out of the missile he's carrying, this walking weapon of mass destruction was just as deadly as he was two faced...literally!

Take a trip down memory lane with us and check out their galleries below and when you're done, come to forums and share your thoughts, memories and experiences with these two blasts from the past!

G1 1988 Optimus Prime

G1 1988 Hi-Q

G1 1988 Doubledealer

G1 1988 Knok

G1 1988 Skar

Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1705324)
Posted by RhA on July 2nd, 2015 @ 2:03am CDT

And that Doubledealer. The bird missilie gets me every time. Yeah.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1705385)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 2nd, 2015 @ 8:04am CDT
Powermaster Prime is the only G1 figure I still have from my childhood. Was a memorable birthday and I just can't part with that figure yet.

Doubledealer was a fun figure too. My preferred mode for him was the Decepticon bird mode. Is one reason I don't much care for the Generations figure (apart from the issues already common with the Blitzwing mold). Also I liked the lil bat powermaster engine. Was a nice change to get an animal 'master companion.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1705476)
Posted by Seibertron on July 2nd, 2015 @ 10:07am CDT
RhA wrote:Excellent stuff! It's good to see more G1 stuff in the galleries. There's a shortage of powermasters in there.

Only 3 left! I've had all of these Powermaster galleries finished since before SDCC last year. It was my big gallery push that I did right before SDCC so that I'd have something new to work on for Seibertron.com on the plane and during my travels for SDCC 2014. Unfortunately, that never happened and those galleries, like so many others, just sat on my computer unfinished. Now that I knocked out Doubledealer and Powermaster Optimus Prime, hopefully I can get to the Autobot Powermasters next week during my travels for SDCC 2015.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1705477)
Posted by shajaki on July 2nd, 2015 @ 10:08am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1705555)
Posted by RhA on July 2nd, 2015 @ 12:49pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

That would be supersweet.

Is there any way you can compare them to their Masterforce versions? In particular the Ranger/Joyride comparison.

shajaki wrote:Image

The one, single time when Hasbro made the perverse version.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Triple Changers Astrotrain and Blitzwing (1705557)
Posted by Seibertron on July 2nd, 2015 @ 1:02pm CDT
RhA wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

That would be supersweet.

shajaki wrote:Image

The one, single time when Hasbro made the perverse version.

Not yet ... don't have Ranger yet or Doubleclouder. One day!

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY