Monday, March 10th, 2014 11:13am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,476

Seibertron.com continues to bring you new high quality galleries! Today the lens falls on two figures from the Transformers Prime Weaponizer range, which were essentially that lines Leader Class with integrated weapons systems. First up we have the Bumblebee, however this is the later variant featuring thicker black stripes than the initial run. The first run figure's gallery with the thinner stripes can be found by clicking here. Next we have Ultra Magnus from the Transformers Platinum line. This figure is a retool/redeco of the Transformers Prime: Robots in Disguise Weaponizer Optimus Prime mold complete with shoulder pylons, new head, and massive Forge of Solus Prime. Enjoy the full high quality galleries by clicking the images or links below:

Transformers Prime: Robots In Disguise Bumblebee

Transformers News: Re: New Galleries: Transformers Platinum Edition Starscream and Optimus Prime

Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556423)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 10th, 2014 @ 11:36am CDT
Also, any idea why the top portion of his shoulder pylons slide outward???
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556429)
Posted by skidflap on March 10th, 2014 @ 11:50am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Hey Seibertron, you have any issues w/ Magnus? Mine has a ratchet joint in one of his knees that doesn't work. The leg works fine, btw, I'm just wondering.
Also, any idea why the top portion of his shoulder pylons slide outward???

My guess is to make the pylons match the animation model (I display my magnus that way.)
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556443)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 10th, 2014 @ 12:30pm CDT
That Ultra Magnus us the only Weaponizer toy I ever bought.

And nice to see the Bumblebee variant get a gallery too.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556450)
Posted by Siger on March 10th, 2014 @ 12:47pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556452)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 10th, 2014 @ 12:53pm CDT
Siger wrote:LOL at the way Magnus is holding that hammer. BTW, does TRU still sell the Magnus with a blue face? I may pick him up if he goes on sale, but not if he ate Willie Wonka's Three Course Gum.
I've never seen a blue-faced one. Mine has a white face like the one in this gallery.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556461)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 10th, 2014 @ 1:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I passed on this Magnus several times because of the blue face and the red hands. Even if I fond the white faced version I still don't know if I could get passed the red hands.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556496)
Posted by QBKiller94 on March 10th, 2014 @ 3:12pm CDT

That said, he's not worth $60 unless you love the character. Toys R Us had a ton of sales for him back in December. I picked mine up for $35. Well worth it for that price.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556619)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 10th, 2014 @ 9:24pm CDT
QBKiller94 wrote:The red hands don't bother me. This is the best Prime Ultra Magnus. His scale, guns and the hammer of Solis Prime are tremendous. Looks great with the rest of the Prime line.

Yup! Got mine for $35 too. Only it was during the Cyber Monday sale in November.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556637)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 10th, 2014 @ 10:48pm CDT
You'd that that since the Optimus toys were finished the show designers would've made Ultra Magnus an actually do-able retool instead of one that's makes blatantly clear in alt mode that the mold wasn't designed for him.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556711)
Posted by Mykltron on March 11th, 2014 @ 5:32am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Siger wrote:What you said.

Wow! way to go for a 1st post! Welcome to Seibertron and keep contributing like this.
Also, yeah, you're right on the money.

Yes, thank you. Now it makes perfect sense.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556733)
Posted by packagoustomifuw on March 11th, 2014 @ 8:25am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556766)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 11th, 2014 @ 11:02am CDT
packagoustomifuw wrote:I saw this at TRU yesterday. It's $109... Wasn't Cybertron Supreme Starscream only like $60?
Supreme class toy prices have gone up since the mid-2000s.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556787)
Posted by Seibertron on March 11th, 2014 @ 11:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Supreme class toy prices have gone up since the mid-2000s.

If I recall correctly, $50 was the price point of the Supremes like Unicron, Omega Supreme and Supreme Starscream. I remember paying that for Unicron and Omega Supreme but I can't remember exactly what I paid for Starscream since I bought him along with a bunch of Cybertron toys at a Toys R Us that had the entirety of the first wave released at the same time which I never seen before except for the movie toys. I'm assuming Starscream was the same since he was the same class size as those.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556788)
Posted by Database29 on March 11th, 2014 @ 11:53am CDT
This is the ultimate shelf warmer at my local Toysrus, not 1 bought.......
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556790)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 11th, 2014 @ 11:56am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Supreme class toy prices have gone up since the mid-2000s.

Yep, I recall paying $50 for each of the ones I got: Armada Unicron, Energon Omega Surpeme, Cybertron Starscream, and Cybertron Cybertron Primus w/ Unicron head (to this day, I still regret missing out on the black Energon Unicron).

Then when Amazon did their 25th Anniversary Unicron redeco of Takara's "Welcome to Transformers 2010" Unicron, I recall paying somewhere around $60-$65, so it's really gone up since, with Platinum Edition Omega Supreme and Supreme Starscream each being at least $100. :|
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1556871)
Posted by packagoustomifuw on March 11th, 2014 @ 5:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Supreme class toy prices have gone up since the mid-2000s.

I don't mean to be that guy, but I just don't think these figures are special enough to warrant the high price points. Starscream definitely is not worth $109 (based on the original 2005 price point of $50, we're talking about 120% more expensive than it was back then). I think the gold accents on YOTH Prime are pretty cool, but giving him a clear trailer just feels inconsistent; I think they should have gold blinged out the trailer instead to make the whole figure feel more cohesive. I don't know man, the only thing exciting me about Transformers lately are the overhauled Beast Wars figures, leader class Jetfire, and (surprisingly) Evasion Mode Prime from Age of Extinction.

Sorry I had to vent!
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1560982)
Posted by TheGlynreaper on March 28th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1560986)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 28th, 2014 @ 3:41pm CDT
I have the same problem with my Platinum Edition Starscream. In fact, I exchanged the first one because of those problems, and the second one still had a few paint chips and blemishes. I think it's, unfortunately, a problem endemic to this figure's production run. Avoid transforming it to make sure you're not rubbing any more paint off. My solution is to find a Sharpie or similar permantent ink-paint marker with a similar metallic red hue and touch up the rough spots. If you get the stuff that dries in seconds, you'll get the best results. I've used these pens to touch up my figures before, and it works like a charm. :)
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1561019)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 28th, 2014 @ 6:21pm CDT
TheGlynreaper wrote:I just got supreme starscream today and when i opened it i was pretty heartbroken when i discovered that there was some wear in the red metallic upper thigh areas it looks horrible now and upsetting that i wasted £100 on something that i was excited about does anybody have any solutions for the paint erosion problems

Look like a factory defect. If it's just the paint, the only solution is to repaint it yourself. It suck a lot, but if you ordered online, you're pretty much screwed. I had my fair share on factory errors myself and we cant do anything about it.

Return it to the seller? Lol pay up more shipping fees and risk never having that toy again. Return it to Hasbro? HA! You pay more shipping fees and they will trade it for something completely random of "equal" value.

Factory error. The ironic risk of buying brand new.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus and Transformers Prime Weaponizer Bumblebee Variant (1562227)
Posted by Va'al on April 3rd, 2014 @ 2:51am CDT
You've seen the Takara Tomy Generations version the other day, now it's time for another shiny repaint of the king - in Seibertron.com's new full gallery of Transformers Platinum Edition Grimlock! The set also includes an effectively identical to the SDCC 2012 exclusive deco of the Generations mult-deluxe combiner Bruticus, whose gallery can be viewed here. Click on any of the images below to view the whole Grimlock gallery!

Platinum Edition Grimlock

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY