New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light

New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light

Sunday, April 4th, 2021 1:32am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 23,560

While photographing the HasLab crowdfunded War for Cybertron Trilogy UNICRON, I decided it was best to also knock out galleries for Platinum Unicron with Kranix as well as Encore Unicron of Light with Bug. I figured when else was I going to transform all of these Unicrons again in the near future? Platinum Unicron is the newest release of the "G1" styled Armada Unicron with a lighter shade of "blue" for the planet mode parts and includes Kranix which is essentially the same deco as the version which came with the 2011 Amazon exclusive Unicron. The Encore "Unicron of Light" figure is meant to be an homage of the Lucky Draw release, of which we had the pleasure of photographing WAY back in 2010 (courtesy of fellow Seibertronian JRFitzpatrick7). Without further ado, check out the highlights below of Encore Unicron of Light and Platinum Edition Unicron!

Transformers Encore Unicron of Light (139 images) - Supreme Class

Transformers Encore Dead End (66 images) - Mini-Cons

Platinum Edition Unicron (142 images) - Supreme Class

Platinum Edition Kranix (69 images) - Mini-Cons, Supreme Class

Transformers News: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light

Re: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light (2100365)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2021 @ 8:46am CDT
Green Unicron is really cool, but it suffers from some severe mold degradation. 'Tis what happens when its the latest release of a most that's been used so much. Still, it's really cool to have what is essentially a "Good Guy Unicron toy", what with this not actually being Unicron himself but an energy doppelganger made up of Mini-Cons.

Re: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light (2100372)
Posted by Seibertron on April 4th, 2021 @ 9:59am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Green Unicron is really cool, but it suffers from some severe mold degradation. 'Tis what happens when its the latest release of a mold that's been used so much.

Surprisingly, my Green Unicron feels more stable than the Platinum Unicron. It's easily the worst of my bunch (though Energon Unicron hasn't faired that well either). My Platinum Unicron suffered from the right side of the crotch piece constantly falling off as well as one of the planet maw shell wing pieces on his back.

Sabrblade wrote:Platinum Edition Unicron, on the other hand, I was more than happy to skip. Lazy reuse of the Amazon deco, but made worse with that baby blue. Say what one will about what shade of blue/gray Unicron is, we can all agree that he isn't that shade. So glad they did not use it for the HasLab figure.

I absolutely agree. It's a really bad blue. The Amazon one is a weird blue also. I don't know what color I think Unicron's planet mode should be, but it's not any of those for sure. I still am not a big fan of the shade used for HasLab Unicron either. I wish they had done something unique with it that had a bluish gray swirly sheen to it or something. Just something unique so that it looked grayer in some lights and bluer in other lights.

Sabrblade wrote:Still, it is cool that you got his eyes changed from red to green. Nice work. ;)^

That was the big draw for Platinum Unicron. He came with the green eyes ... but it's too bad that the LED light is still red instead of green. The pics of his head opened up was me trying to fix the light up feature. Out of the box, mine didn't work. I have no idea what I did to fix it, but when I reassembled the head the lights worked. I'm assuming there was a pinched wire or something.

One peculiar oddity about Platinum Unicron is that they changed the orientation of the batteries for just that release. Every other Unicron I have had the batteries facing the same direction, but just Platinum Unicron has the batteries so one is facing positive up and the other is facing negative up.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light (2100378)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2021 @ 10:58am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

My ideal shade would be a nice halfway between the blue of the Amazon and HasLab Unicrons and the gray of Welcome to Transformers 2010 Unicron.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light (2100445)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 4th, 2021 @ 8:54pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light (2100446)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 4th, 2021 @ 9:07pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light (2100448)
Posted by Seibertron on April 4th, 2021 @ 9:48pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I can't believe I have that same stand, and I still can't quite get Unicron of Light on it. It's a gorgeous Unicron, the only one I really need

You might just need to tighten the screws, though trust me I had to play around with them so that they would sit properly and not topple over. I got it to work for my galleries, but I dont know about leaving them on a shelf on those stands unless you superglued the base of the legs of one of the stands in place.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light (2100449)
Posted by Seibertron on April 4th, 2021 @ 9:50pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:could you image the haslab unicron coming in the armada, unicron of light and the dark unicron colors :-?

I can definitely imagine it! I'd really like to get Haslab Unicron in the Energon black color scheme. It's my favorite and it is different enough that I think its fair to people who thought this was a one and done thing.
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light (2100479)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 5th, 2021 @ 11:07am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

It's my favorite too
Re: New Galleries: Platinum Unicron and Encore Unicron of Light (2100522)
Posted by bearytrek on April 5th, 2021 @ 3:46pm CDT
love the overhead view of the 5 planets...

they look like synchronized swimmers...

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC Autobot HUFFER Deluxe 5in Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Kre-o Transformers Optimus Prime Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Dragstrip - incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime (Incomplete) Body" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O Transformers Prowl Toy + 2 Kreons  Brand New and Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY