New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs

New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs

Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 8:27am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 42,072

It's Power Core Combiner week here at Seibertron.com! Today we have the Wave 2 five packs that consist of Mudslinger with the Destructicons and Double Clutch with the Rallybots. Click on the images below for the galleries.

Appetite for Destruction - Mudslinger and the Destructicons like to destroy. Where the Constructicons may build things and then destroy some pesky Autobots, Mudslinger makes sure he and his Destructicons leaving nothing left standing in their path.

Racing for the Cup - Double Clutch and the Rallybots can probably be found out racing. What else would they do? Oh yeah, beat the circuits out of the Decepticon Slag-heads that keep them from racing, that's what!

Power Core Combiner week continues ...

This article was last modified on Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 11:58am CDT

Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140163)
Posted by Rated X on October 27th, 2010 @ 8:32am CDT
I just cant seem to give these guys a chance. The think I hate the most is they are so multi-colored. Makes any collection look silly. I can understand G1, but these guys would look so much better if they didnt have a bright green body and one red leg. At least Bombshock was all drab army colors. I only bought him because he was a homage to Bruticus.
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140164)
Posted by Warbreaker on October 27th, 2010 @ 8:51am CDT
Thanks for the new galleries!

Is it true that Mudslinger suffers from thin & weak knee joints? I heard of this from Blitzwing's Tformer review on the set (something about the joint being too thin), but nobody seemed to elaborate on this potential problem.
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140168)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on October 27th, 2010 @ 9:02am CDT
Warbreaker wrote:Thanks for the new galleries!

Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140182)
Posted by Hans on October 27th, 2010 @ 9:38am CDT
Not to mention that pieces in the legs that are supposed to reach the ground are left floating somewhere above the ground (such as the "toes" on the black car).

Oh, and then there's yet another design flaw that has his arms and shoulders pointing backwards at an angle.

I would strongly recommend everyone to stay away from Double Clutch. Do not buy that mis-engineered rubbish! I'm not getting my money back...

Had no problems with Mudslinger.
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140189)
Posted by Warbreaker on October 27th, 2010 @ 9:51am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Double Clutch is the one with the many problems. The general consensus is avoid, avoid AVOID! However, my affinity for the under-appreciated draws me to him. :BANG_HEAD:

Hans wrote:Yes, there is a design flaw which makes one leg longer than the other, AND the legs are very unstable and wobbly. I'm having a hard time even keeping him standing up straight.

Had no problems with Mudslinger.

Well... okay. I actually wanted to get Double Clutch, considering Mudslinger's possible QC problems, but yeah, now I'm not sure if I should get him. Mudslinger on second thoughts will now be bought on sight (thanks for the replies!).
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140190)
Posted by Hans on October 27th, 2010 @ 9:58am CDT
Well, I actually think Double Clutch looks alright. But I've spent about an hour setting him in the display. He kept dropping and tumbling forward. He's still very unstable. And I did transform him correctly. The cars need help because they don't completely transform by themselves.

So yeah... he's got many problems. Buyer beware :)
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140192)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on October 27th, 2010 @ 10:01am CDT
I personally think the Destructicons are ace and Mudslinger is a smashing little figure with two really intriguing headsculpts. Real intimidating combined mode too...

The Rallybots drones aren't bad and look surprisingly good on Searchlight. Double-clutch, well, the forearms fall off if you look at 'em funny but I just remove and replace them during transformation and I've not had any other problems. Plus he's a great homage to G2 Hotrider (Turbofire to any non-Europeans, I think)!!
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140250)
Posted by Seibertron on October 27th, 2010 @ 12:05pm CDT
While I really like Mudslinger, he's the one with the actual design defect. I'm on my 3rd Mudslinger due to the legs cracking in half when in his "powered up" mode. Here's a close up image of the crack.

I originally thought Double Clutch was a piece of crap (and I still don't like the vehicle drone concept), but he wasn't as bad once I took a deep breath and carefully went through each step of the instructions. After I did that, I was able to get his powered mode's chest to sit properly with the pegs and everything connect together properly. The only remaining design flaw I could see was how the connectors for his arms were angled.
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140291)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 27th, 2010 @ 2:06pm CDT
I'll probably get the Rallybots anyway since I want the drones for Leadfoot but like the rest of the 5-packs I ain't paying full price. I was gonna skip the Destructicons until I realized that the drones are like little armored cars.
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140314)
Posted by Noideaforaname on October 27th, 2010 @ 3:28pm CDT
"Mudslinger's got the power to prove just how much tougher than them his is."
*legs break*
:lol:

It's rather interesting that there are Mad Max-ish drones coming out a few months before a certain Mad Max-ish truck.
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140323)
Posted by Hal7300 on October 27th, 2010 @ 3:57pm CDT
Dai_Ceefax wrote:Double Clutch...a great homage to G2 Hotrider (Turbofire to any non-Europeans, I think)!!

That he is!
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140327)
Posted by Atomatron on October 27th, 2010 @ 4:21pm CDT
get these sets for drones to combine with other commanders. doubleclutch is trash, IM if you want it for shipping cost alone. mudslinger too, not a fan of monstertrucks.
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140420)
Posted by Bradimus Prime on October 27th, 2010 @ 10:04pm CDT
The idea of these toys is not a bad one -- lease there's an effort made to make a combining transformer that isn't a repaint of an energon set. Having said that, it's another attempt at something that probably started out as a good idea (I'm sure Takara and Hasbro do want to satisfy customers) but eventually settled into something that looks like a dollar store product with a really bad G2 scheme.

And I'm one the of the weirdos that actually liked G2, oddly enough.
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140427)
Posted by Sky-Quake on October 27th, 2010 @ 10:27pm CDT
I'm skipping the autobot car set those are horrible looking I'm going to have to look through these galleries to see I want the others or not
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140472)
Posted by Nightwalker on October 28th, 2010 @ 3:04am CDT
I have big issues with those things they call arms and hands. It looks very cheap. I pass ALL those wannabe combiners.
Re: New Galleries: Power Core Combiners Wave 2 Five Packs (1140496)
Posted by Universal Prime on October 28th, 2010 @ 6:56am CDT
I actually like the concepts behind the two sets, with Double Clutch nad Mudslinger being references to combat racing games, DC to the Burnout series and MS to Motorstorm: Pacific Rift.

which of the galleries will have images of the Rallybots linked up to Huffer?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus + Shockwave 6 figures included" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY