Sunday, December 21st, 2014 6:55pm CST

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 64,127

Seibertron is proud to present our newest galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Wave 1!

This wave consists of the newest Decepticon grunt, Underbite, plus new Autobot recruit Sideswipe, and of course Bumblebee and his compatriot Strongarm. Strongarm and Bumblebee both have Warrior (Deluxe) Class figures available at retail right now, and we have galleries of those two, which you can see here: Strongarm and Bumblebee. To see our newest galleries, just click on one of the images below to be taken to that figure's gallery:

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Underbite

Transformers News: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Sideswipe

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Strongarm

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Bumblebee

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1632115)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2014 @ 6:58pm CST
Unless he gets a Warrior figure, Underbite shall be the only one of these I'll get.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1632116)
Posted by william-james88 on December 21st, 2014 @ 7:09pm CST

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1632137)
Posted by Prowlerglide on December 21st, 2014 @ 10:04pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Ever since I bought one step heicopter drift, I have looked less down upon these 1 steps. They may be for a younger audience but that doesnt make their engineering any less impressive than other classes. It's just a bit harder to appreciate.

I currently own 3 one-steppers. AoE Grimlock I bought on a lark because I wanted to see how these things work. Rollbar I got because I drive a Sonic and he is a Sonic. Then I got AoE Prowl because I just love Prowl.

The Grimlock, though, is just a tiny little engineering marvel. I often grab him and slowly watch all the little parts move into place for the transformation. It's really cool.

I looked at the one-stepper for RID Bee and I am kinda thinking about limiting myself to just the OSCs for RID, but with Combiner Wars coming, I just can't throw all my money at toys, so I am unsure.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1632157)
Posted by Seibertron on December 21st, 2014 @ 11:05pm CST
william-james88 wrote:If Seibertron has the time, I would love his thoughts on which he recommends in these. Underbite looks really fun and so far this is the only class in which he appears, so I am definitely tempted.

Strong arm was my least favorite. I really wanted to like under bite but his transformation of squeezing his rear legs together works very poorly and is difficult to stay transformed. Sideswipe uses same flip transformation as AOE drift but I'm kind of over that because it was so inventive the first time around. Which leaves me with bumblebee. He's a good toy for a 1 step but tell me that his robot mode doesn't scream a Rodimus repaint!
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1632160)
Posted by william-james88 on December 21st, 2014 @ 11:06pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

Thanks Seibertron. And check out your one step helicopter drift when you have a chance. He seems to be better than all of those from the way you describe them.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1632161)
Posted by Seibertron on December 21st, 2014 @ 11:08pm CST
Prowlerglide wrote:The 2 cars aren't super impressive from an engineering standpoint, since you just fold the legs from the front to the back and let the roof flap fall down. FYI - that's what Sidewipe is in the RID line. I can tell from the pictures.

The fun with the car mold from the Drift transformation is that you can transform them with a flick of the wrist. You can transform it by folding the legs back and letting the roof flap fall down but that's boring. Flick your wrist when you want to transform it and watch the magic happen before your eyes. That's how Hasbro demonstrated the Drift 1-Step at Toy Fair last year and it sold me. Simple and fun. It's a one handed transformation which is pretty awesome. I'd love to find a video of someone demonstrating this instead of using two hands to transform those molds.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1632163)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2014 @ 11:13pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I'd love to find a video of someone demonstrating this instead of using two hands to transform those molds.
Ask and thou shalt receive. :D

One-handed car to robot conversion:

One-handed robot to car conversion:
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1632164)
Posted by Seibertron on December 21st, 2014 @ 11:26pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Ask and thou shalt receive. :D

One-handed car to robot conversion:

One-handed robot to car conversion:

and that is the fun of that toy! Thanks Sabrblade!!!
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633930)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 29th, 2014 @ 2:50pm CST
Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest galleries:

Robots In Disguise Tiny Titans

Wait... Tiny Titans? A new size class/line? You bet! New collectible figurines with collector cards, to boot!

That's not all, remember how this is the sequel to Prime and part of the "Aligned" continuity? (Also shared with War For Cybertron and Fall Of Cybertron) Remember how Cliffjumper died in Darkness Rising? Well, you'll see that these RID Tiny Titans include a Cliffjumper! What could that hold for the future? We'll have to wait and see!

Until then, check out the galleries on these little guys and then come back to the forum discussion of the show itself to see what effect this has on everything, and you can share your thoughts on all of it, right here.

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Optimus Prime

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Bisk

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Thunderhoof

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Hammerstrike

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Cliffjumper

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Prowl

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Sideswipe

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Underbite

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Grimlock

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Strongarm

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Bumblebee

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Steeljaw

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633941)
Posted by psj333 on December 29th, 2014 @ 3:16pm CST
Now that we've seen all the new characters in their Tiny Titans form including, Bisk, Thunderhoof, Hammerstrike, Prowl, and Cliffjumper, will we ever see the Warrior-class figures for all of these characters given above? Don't forget, Steeljaw is the only Decepticon so far that already has a W :BOT: :CON: arrior figure. Therefore, please don't tell us we'll never get a Warrior-class figures for all these brand-new characters, just because kids do hate the Decepticons and love all the Autobots. Because I tell you that almost every single kid really do enjoyed all of these figures, no matter if they are Autobots or Decepticons. :BOT: :CON:
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633942)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 29th, 2014 @ 3:17pm CST

As for the rest, Optimus, Bisk, Sideswipe, and Cliffjumper all seem gang-molded in red, while Strongarm, Steeljaw, Thunderhoof, and Hammerstrike all look gang-molded in blue.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633947)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 29th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CST
That tiny Bisk is adorable. Don't like the other ones.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633954)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 29th, 2014 @ 3:39pm CST

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633955)
Posted by Seibertron on December 29th, 2014 @ 3:41pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Prowl and Cliffjumper are just the G1 versions. Prowl's gray is likely due to his toy being gang-molded with Bumblebee, Underbite, and Grimlock, with the intention of probably having his body painted white like how Bee's got yellow paint, but it didn't happen for some reason.

Got you covered in the galleries already from when I noticed this while working on the galleries, Sabrblade!

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633957)
Posted by Seibertron on December 29th, 2014 @ 3:43pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:Minimal paint apps, no articulation, awkward poses... not much to like about these. These make the Robot Heroes line look like Masterpieces by comparison.

Not to mention their size!

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633962)
Posted by Seibertron on December 29th, 2014 @ 3:49pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Prowl and Cliffjumper are just the G1 versions.

What makes you so sure about that? Why would they draw them in the style of RID instead of just reuse existing artwork? Killing Cliffjumper was a stupid move in TFP. I'm sure it gets undone at some point or they just toss continuity out the window, which has already happened with this "Aligned" continuity.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633971)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 29th, 2014 @ 4:05pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Prowl and Cliffjumper are just the G1 versions.

Pretty sure they killed him just so the viewers would understand that the Decepticons were a threat, to the point where even the faceless lackeys were about to finish off Bumblebee and Arcee before Bulkhead showed up.

Then that AAAALLLLL went out the window too, to the point where Bumblebee and Arcee could mow through 50 Vehicons without effort and Starscream became a whiny coward.

They also might have just killed Cliffjumper because The Rock is an expensive actor. It's like he charges per-word he speaks unless it's a movie deal.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633972)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 29th, 2014 @ 4:18pm CST
Am I the only one who's reminded of a certain BotCon figures with one of these titans?

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633973)
Posted by kaijuguy19 on December 29th, 2014 @ 4:25pm CST
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Prowl and Cliffjumper are just the G1 versions.

For all we know Cliffjumper could be just someone Optimus runs into during his mission in the afterlife and perhaps team up with each other for a while. It's a possible idea so why don't we see if Cliff manages to appear on the show at all first?
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Underbite, Sideswipe, Strongarm and Bumblebee (1633976)
Posted by sol magnus on December 29th, 2014 @ 4:38pm CST
Not that anything is impossible with this stuff, but I feel like it is a bit much to design RiD versions of Prowl and Cliffjumper and there not be a point to it. Here's hoping there's a point to it. :grin:

I guess for me it doesn't matter from a toy/collecting perspective as all I purchase is Masterpiece figures, anymore. Over the years I've made kind of a mess of things collecting Prowls and Magnuses, so when there's a new one shown I at least look at them.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Decepticon Scraplet Figure Lot of 4 New 2018" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege BRUNT War For Cybertron Deluxe Class AUTHENTIC HASBRO 2018" on EBAY
Buy "2009 Hasbro Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Decepticon Stalker Scorponok NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Thunderhowl Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Hasbro 2020 BAF #8" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Action Attackers 1-Step Changer SKY-BYTE Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MPM-4 Optimus Prime - Takara Movie Masterpiece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Toy/Figures Lot - Bumblebee, Jazz, and Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE # 142 MARVEL COMICS November 1993 SNAKE EYES TRANSFORMERS LOW PRINT RUN" on EBAY