New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee

Transformers News: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee

Wednesday, December 17th, 2014 3:55PM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 30,096

The Transformers Robots in Disguise 2015 galleries keep rolling along with a couple new figures that we have not seen a whole lot of. Our new high quality gallery inductees include 3-Step Hyperchange Bumblebee and Grimlock. These Hyperchange toys are much larger that stand at 8 to 10 inches tall and as the packaging suggests, transforms in 3 steps. When you are done checking out these guys, you can also check out our galleries of the Robots in Disguise 2015 Legion class toys. Click on any of the below images to see the full galleries and stay tuned right here at Seibertron.com for more Robots in Disguise 2015 galleries as well as many more Transformers galleries to come.

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Grimlock

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Bumblebee

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1631307)
Posted by william-james88 on December 18th, 2014 @ 3:24pm CST
The Transformers Robots in Disguise 2015 galleries keep coming your way with the most anticipated figures of the line thus far: the warrior class. This is the class that is most representative of the deluxe class. Also, these figures are the most collector oriented, according to Hasbro, since they are the most articulated figures from the line. Our new high quality gallery inductees include Bumblebee, Steeljaw, Strongarm and Grimlock.

When you are done checking out these guys, you can also check out our galleries of the Robots in Disguise 2015 Legion class toys and Robots in Disguise 2015 3-step toys.

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) BumblebeeWarrior Class

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Grimlock Warrior Class

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Strongarm Warrior Class

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Steeljaw Warrior Class

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1631330)
Posted by Seibertron on December 18th, 2014 @ 4:26pm CST
The trick with getting Steeljaw to stand properly is to use the wheels as his back heels. If you stand him properly with the wheels as his heels, he works just fine.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1631366)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 18th, 2014 @ 6:36pm CST
Kinda depressing how unpainted the package art makes the figures look, especially Strongarm.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1631399)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 18th, 2014 @ 8:47pm CST
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1631427)
Posted by shajaki on December 18th, 2014 @ 10:42pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:I'm gonna wait and see what Takara does with these in their Transformers Adventure line since these toys need a serious amount of more paint to be show-accurate.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1631513)
Posted by jogunwarrior on December 19th, 2014 @ 8:08am CST
Bumblebee has some great potential, and I could think of a half dozen other characters he could be repainted as with maybe a new head.

Steel Jaw is also looking really good. I think I will pick him up for sure.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1631517)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 19th, 2014 @ 8:25am CST

Gonna need an upgrade kit for that. >:oP
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1631543)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 19th, 2014 @ 9:43am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:Wow. I didn't realize how inaccurate Steeljaw's headsculpt was until I looked at the figure in-package. Not that I was all that excited about him, but it's clear that we've got another Skylynx/Darksteel on our hands.

Gonna need an upgrade kit for that. >:oP
I don't it's that far off. The toy just has a more pronounced snout than the CG model has. Let's see if Takara's Adventure version can bring out the cartoon face better without all that silver on Hasbro's RID version.

After all, the head on the packaging art isn't quite the same as the cartoon one either:
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632071)
Posted by Towline on December 21st, 2014 @ 2:47pm CST
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632076)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2014 @ 3:03pm CST
Towline wrote:Why are we demanding that the toys need more paint? They are painted enough as it is. :D
We are a spoiled fandom.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632081)
Posted by Towline on December 21st, 2014 @ 3:15pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
We are a spoiled fandom.

I guess Sabrblade. But as someone who had begged their parents for painted transformers in the 1980's I always get them chipped. Where as the colored plastic of the post 1980's transformers look prettier longer.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632083)
Posted by Seibertron on December 21st, 2014 @ 3:21pm CST
Towline wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
We are a spoiled fandom.

I think I agree with Towline. There are certain things that should absolutely be painted (like most of the Transformers faces or face shields), but I don't like the current usage of paints to make large areas of plastic look the "same" color by painting it instead of doing the plastic as that color. I also am frustrated with how many paint applications have flaws. Case in point: I just got my first shipment of Combiner Wars Legends figures. All 5 Thundercrackers had various paint flaws. It's frustrating to say the least!
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632113)
Posted by Autobot032 on December 21st, 2014 @ 6:50pm CST
Seibertron is proud to present our newest galleries: Robots In Disguise 1-Step Wave 1!

This wave consists of the newest Decepticon grunt, Underbite, plus new Autobot recruit Sideswipe, and of course Bumblebee and his compatriot Strongarm. Strongarm and Bumblebee both have Warrior (Deluxe) Class figures available at retail right now, and we have galleries of those two, which you can see here: Strongarm and Bumblebee. To see our newest galleries, just click on one of the images below to be taken to that figure's gallery:

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Underbite

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Sideswipe

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Strongarm

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2015) Bumblebee

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632115)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2014 @ 6:58pm CST
Unless he gets a Warrior figure, Underbite shall be the only one of these I'll get.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632116)
Posted by william-james88 on December 21st, 2014 @ 7:09pm CST

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632137)
Posted by Prowlerglide on December 21st, 2014 @ 10:04pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Ever since I bought one step heicopter drift, I have looked less down upon these 1 steps. They may be for a younger audience but that doesnt make their engineering any less impressive than other classes. It's just a bit harder to appreciate.

I currently own 3 one-steppers. AoE Grimlock I bought on a lark because I wanted to see how these things work. Rollbar I got because I drive a Sonic and he is a Sonic. Then I got AoE Prowl because I just love Prowl.

The Grimlock, though, is just a tiny little engineering marvel. I often grab him and slowly watch all the little parts move into place for the transformation. It's really cool.

I looked at the one-stepper for RID Bee and I am kinda thinking about limiting myself to just the OSCs for RID, but with Combiner Wars coming, I just can't throw all my money at toys, so I am unsure.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632157)
Posted by Seibertron on December 21st, 2014 @ 11:05pm CST
william-james88 wrote:If Seibertron has the time, I would love his thoughts on which he recommends in these. Underbite looks really fun and so far this is the only class in which he appears, so I am definitely tempted.

Strong arm was my least favorite. I really wanted to like under bite but his transformation of squeezing his rear legs together works very poorly and is difficult to stay transformed. Sideswipe uses same flip transformation as AOE drift but I'm kind of over that because it was so inventive the first time around. Which leaves me with bumblebee. He's a good toy for a 1 step but tell me that his robot mode doesn't scream a Rodimus repaint!
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632160)
Posted by william-james88 on December 21st, 2014 @ 11:06pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

Thanks Seibertron. And check out your one step helicopter drift when you have a chance. He seems to be better than all of those from the way you describe them.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632161)
Posted by Seibertron on December 21st, 2014 @ 11:08pm CST
Prowlerglide wrote:The 2 cars aren't super impressive from an engineering standpoint, since you just fold the legs from the front to the back and let the roof flap fall down. FYI - that's what Sidewipe is in the RID line. I can tell from the pictures.

The fun with the car mold from the Drift transformation is that you can transform them with a flick of the wrist. You can transform it by folding the legs back and letting the roof flap fall down but that's boring. Flick your wrist when you want to transform it and watch the magic happen before your eyes. That's how Hasbro demonstrated the Drift 1-Step at Toy Fair last year and it sold me. Simple and fun. It's a one handed transformation which is pretty awesome. I'd love to find a video of someone demonstrating this instead of using two hands to transform those molds.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise 3-Step Hyperchange Grimlock and Bumblebee (1632163)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2014 @ 11:13pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I'd love to find a video of someone demonstrating this instead of using two hands to transform those molds.
Ask and thou shalt receive. :D

One-handed car to robot conversion:

One-handed robot to car conversion:
Transformers products from AMAZON