Monday, May 16th, 2016 6:43pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 31,014

Having overcome that milestone 4000 gallery mark, Seibertron.com is now on its way up towards that 5000 gallery trophy, and to help bring us up to speed we are proud to show off our latest gallery: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime! These tiny little titans that everyone knows and loves thanks to the Season 2 finale as well as Transformer: Prime both get the legends class treatment, with Optimus being the typical blue deco we all know and love, and Ratchet is a retool of Strongarm, as his warrior toy shall be too. You can reference the toys with their previous versions, with Strongarm being HERE and Prime's warrior toy being HERE

Credit(s): seibertron

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790206)
Posted by Seibertron on May 17th, 2016 @ 1:27am CDT
It's good to see everyone excited about our first RID Ratchet figure. Glad everyone's keeping their levels in check. I mean, it's just a Legion figure guys. Calm your levels of excitement down!
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790212)
Posted by Va'al on May 17th, 2016 @ 2:57am CDT
We had to moderate all the comments to dial back the excitement.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790224)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2016 @ 4:40am CDT
HOLY CRAP, MORE 8$CAN LEGION FIGURES!!! TAKE ALL MY MONEYYYY!!!!

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790237)
Posted by Microraptor on May 17th, 2016 @ 6:51am CDT
YAY! More tiny Jeffery Combs!
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790244)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 17th, 2016 @ 8:06am CDT
I'm just excited for the warrior class version :D :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790378)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2016 @ 1:57pm CDT
As we saw in yesterday's gallery, Robots in Disguise is keeping the Legion Class alive and strong with its very varied assortment of Autobots and Decepticons. This class even includes characters we cannot get in any other class such as Clampdown, whose gallery is now up for you to see. Accompanying this crustacean Decepticon is mob boss Thunderhoof, who surprisingly sports as many paint applications as his warrior class counterpart. To keep these Decepticons in check, this 6th wave of Legion Class figures also has Windblade and Drift. It's interesting they came together in the same wave since they are both part of Optimus' stealth team on the show.

These are, refreshingly, all new molds. Enjoy the new galleries for the Wave 6 Legion Class assortment and let us know what you think of these toys!

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Windblade (69 images) - Legion Class

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Thunderhoof (63 images) - Legion Class

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Clampdown (67 images) - Legion Class

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Drift (63 images) - Legion Class

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790383)
Posted by no-one on May 17th, 2016 @ 2:09pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790388)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 17th, 2016 @ 2:25pm CDT
They never gave Windblade a chance man...

And Clampdown and Fixit are amazing! :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790391)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2016 @ 2:28pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:They never gave Windblade a chance man...

And Clampdown and Fixit are amazing! :MAXIMAL:

Clampdown really dissapointed me. I am not fond of how they handled his pincers. Neat transformation though.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790394)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 17th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:They never gave Windblade a chance man...

And Clampdown and Fixit are amazing! :MAXIMAL:

Bummer about the claws but how much more do we expect from legion class? but he is an awesome little crustacean :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790400)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2016 @ 2:45pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:They never gave Windblade a chance man...

And Clampdown and Fixit are amazing! :MAXIMAL:

I expect a bit more. Groundbuster is far mroe articulated than all the others and Megatronus has a rotating turret and a removeable cannon that can be reattached. I dont think we should be too complacent.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790425)
Posted by Kyleor on May 17th, 2016 @ 4:06pm CDT
carytheone wrote:Some of those legion class figures are great: Fixit and Clampdown. Some don't look so hot. I keep seeing legion Windblade at the store and I keep on walking by. For those that have the legion figure; how is it?

Her face in robot mode is not so hot. I keep all my RiD legions in vehicle mode b/c I think they all look so much better that way.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790429)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2016 @ 4:21pm CDT
Kyleor wrote:

Yeah, thats true. Except for Megatronus though, I feel he works better in robot mode. And man that legion prime looks really good in truck mode. Of all the versions of that alt mode released by hasbro, its the Legion Class which I feel makes it works best for some reason. Everything tabs perfectly and I love how the slant of the foot is aligned with the slant in the hands:

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime Gallery
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790431)
Posted by no-one on May 17th, 2016 @ 4:28pm CDT
Legion Prime is pretty nice, so is Steeljaw actually.

I'd say that middle child Jan Prime is probably the best RID prime mold though (not counting the fancy giant ones).

So, anyway... is that Windblade worth $6?
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790440)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 17th, 2016 @ 5:38pm CDT
There's a lot of room for improvement for Clampdown, but I rather like him.

There really aren't any other Transformers that can do the car-with-a-face look, are there?

Drift is so orange, I don't think the pictures really capture it that well.

I dunno how Windblade manages to be from the same line as Fixit. I mean, I do because WB has to also be a flat jet and Fixit's free to sacrifice his alt mode for anything and everything, but still the difference between the two is startling.

And I'm disappointed how Thunderhoof went with two sets of antlers instead of trying for a happy medium.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790460)
Posted by william-james88 on May 17th, 2016 @ 7:18pm CDT
carytheone wrote:So, anyway... is that Windblade worth $6?

Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790465)
Posted by no-one on May 17th, 2016 @ 7:31pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
carytheone wrote:So, anyway... is that Windblade worth $6?

I felt the same way, glad I kept on walking.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790583)
Posted by Mandobot on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:01am CDT
I picked up both Windblade and Clampdown. I really enjoyed Clampdown's figure, but regretted buying Windblade the moment I opened her packaging. The paint apps on the face looks clownish and the figure just seems not well designed at all. Iron Factory's Windsaber is a much better figure, hands down.
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790589)
Posted by skywarp-2 on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:19am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Robots In Disguise Legion Class Ratchet and Blizzard Strike Optimus Prime (1790590)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:27am CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:Wait a minute, wasn't the RID series once the USA name for Car Robots?? I thought RID was the series with the fire truck Optimus prime??
That was the 2001 Robots in Disguise series. This is the 2015 Robots in Disguise series. The name "Robots in Disguise" keeps getting tossed around to refer to multiple different things. Just a few years ago there were an IDW comic series that bore the name of "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" as well, which has since dropped its subtitle to currently be known simply as just "Transformers" due to the 2015 series coming about and Hasbro not wanting to cause confusion between the unrelated IDW comic and the 2015 series. And it was also previously the subtitle for the second Transformers Prime toyline, with the first being "Transformers Prime: First Edition" and the third being "Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters", long with a few other supplementary lines.

Behold the full list of all things called "Robots in Disguise" --> http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Robots_in_Disguise_(disambiguation)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY