Monday, July 6th, 2015 8:32pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 29,509

By now you have undoubtedly checked out our SDCC 2015 Devastator gallery (If you haven't then by all means get to clicking). Now its time to break down Devy into his component Constructicons featuring Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster. This sextet features more paint apps than the standard retail edition and as you can see the chrome purple also extends into the robot modes of Scrapper, Hook and Mixmaster as well. What else more is there to say about these guys? Click on the images below to see the full galleries.

Comic-Con Exclusives Scrapper

Transformers News: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster

Comic-Con Exclusives Long Haul

Comic-Con Exclusives Hook

Comic-Con Exclusives Bonecrusher

Comic-Con Exclusives Scavenger

Comic-Con Exclusives Mixmaster

Comic-Con Exclusives Devastator

Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1706804)
Posted by Razieon on July 6th, 2015 @ 8:41pm CDT
Anybody else notice that the front section of Devy's rifle looks like Galavatron's arm cannon?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1706815)
Posted by Gearslide on July 6th, 2015 @ 9:31pm CDT
Devy's left foot is so weird. Like, Mixmaster is designed to have an ankle-tilt in combined mode, like Scrapper, but you can't actually tilt without bending his arms out of the way and having them hang off the back of the leg.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1706816)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 6th, 2015 @ 9:32pm CDT
Holy crap, you're right :shock: slap that onto a/b elbow hole and bam, glavy with a cannon
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1706894)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 7th, 2015 @ 8:36am CDT
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1706907)
Posted by President-prime on July 7th, 2015 @ 9:48am CDT
I like the chrome. I only transforms my figures once in a while, so not afraid the chrome will rub off. I love to display my transformers under the blue/white lighting. Any color chrome and white plastic shines under the light. It's beautiful. The only gripe I have about the devastator is the left mixer facing up. It's weird. The bigger part of the mixer should face up. But oh, well.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1706910)
Posted by steals_your_goats on July 7th, 2015 @ 9:49am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:I'm curious if anyone really likes the metallic purple on this figure. It seems out of place and I find it distracting... and kind of ugly.

I know I'm definitely a minority on this one but I like the metallic purple. The color doesn't bother me at all and I love the way it pops. I Will say that I'm glad they didn't use it on all the purple because it should be more of an accent than a base color.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1706933)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 7th, 2015 @ 10:52am CDT
Every time I look at the SDCC Devastator, his green starts to fade into yellow. Stupid light purple chrome!
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1707381)
Posted by Shockwave7 on July 8th, 2015 @ 8:18pm CDT
Is there any news as to whether US big box retailers like Costco or SAMs Club will have the CW Devastator box set in their stores?

Costco sold Metroplex in stores in 2013, and before that, SAM's Club had the movie Devastator box set.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1710729)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on July 18th, 2015 @ 9:30am CDT
This is awesome.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1718925)
Posted by william-james88 on August 17th, 2015 @ 5:23pm CDT
While we had a review and some images to tide us over, Seibertron finally has the galleries up for the latest Combiner Wars deluxes: Mirage, Sunstreaker, Prowl and Ironhide.

These images also feature the fan mode for Mirage which has the front of the vehicle as his chest. Ultra Prime's gallery has also been updated to include new pics with the rest of the Autobots. Enjoy!

Generations Combiner Wars Ultra Prime

Generations Combiner Wars Prowl

Generations Combiner Wars Sunstreaker

Generations Combiner Wars Mirage

Generations Combiner Wars Ironhide

Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1718932)
Posted by Deadput on August 17th, 2015 @ 6:05pm CDT
Outside of Mirage I think these combiner war versions are superior to their older versions mostly due to playability reasons as well as looks mostly speaking about Prowl and Ironhide here.

The classics Sunstreaker is a good mold but I prefer the Combiner Wars Head sculpt, engine back and alt mode here.

Even if some characters lose some of their iconic design choices such as Prowl's door wings or Ironhide's window chest (Although this Ironhide's chest is painted in blue to invoke that window chest) I still think these are great updates for them and Combining is a bonus for some people.

And just because their repaints doesn't make them bad I think the repaints here are pretty damn good and the paint choices and new heads make them look different enough from the original molds I mean outside of the pointless repaints such as Nightwatch Optimus when did you guys have problems with repaints as new guys?

The Commandos/Combaticons from Rid were just repaints of the G1 Combaticons and Rid Scourge is just a repaint of an Optimus Prime mold and heck some of the minibots from 1986 were just repaints/remolds of older guys such as Windcharger into Tailgate or Pipes from Huffer.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1718935)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 17th, 2015 @ 6:24pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1718938)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 17th, 2015 @ 6:55pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:While I don't hate these, I do wish they would've made a few more cosmetic changes besides the heads. For example, the flip down chests for Prowl and Sunstreaker could've been changed to something new.

I'm with you there, the heads are great, but the bodies could use some more oomph (that is a scientific term). Especially Ironhide and Mirage (Streetwise's chest is at least molded to resemble a car-front), mostly because I think that the Offroad mold looks too slim and young to be Ironhide (pre-war Ironhide, yes) and while the Dragstrip mold rocks the Mirage look, I wish they'd given him new arms to match the style of his boxier 80s era F1 racer and cartoon design.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1718939)
Posted by Windlacer on August 17th, 2015 @ 6:59pm CDT
Another fantastic set of pics. I love the comparison shots between CW and the other Classics molds.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1718941)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 17th, 2015 @ 7:07pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:

I actually thought that prowl was a bigger offender, because he has never had those vent things on his legs has he? They could have at least molded faux bumpers or something onto his legs.

And I think it would have really set him apart from streetwise - and driven home the point that he is a police car - to have painted his light bar two different colors, seriously, no modern (and his alt mode is nothing if not modern) police cars have a single colored light bar
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1718946)
Posted by Starsaber468 on August 17th, 2015 @ 8:28pm CDT
I sense An A certain RID (2002) character could be done with the cw mirage figure when u reverse the front with the back
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1718956)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 17th, 2015 @ 9:36pm CDT
I am waiting for some customizer to start mixing and matching parts from the Stunticon and Autobot versions of the molds to truly make them look like Autobots masquerading as Stunticons.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1719023)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 18th, 2015 @ 9:46am CDT

I'm planning on making my own OP-Gestalt, combining OP (the red and blue version) with Mirage, Sunstreaker, Hound, and a 4th to be named later.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1719063)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 18th, 2015 @ 1:16pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Ironhide is boring and Prowl doesn't interest me because I don't like that mold and it's similar to Streetwise, which I already have.

Your 4th should be Wheeljack. They actually did some retooling on him.
800px-CWDlxWheeljack.jpg
Re: New Galleries: SDCC Constructicons Scrapper, Hook, Long Haul, Bonecrusher, Scavenger and Mixmaster (1719065)
Posted by Cyberstrike on August 18th, 2015 @ 1:39pm CDT
I love these new figures especially for Mirage and Ironhide because the Universe/Generations versions sucked IMHO.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Nightbeat, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn Chase" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2016 Generations Titans Return BRAINSTORM & TESLOR Figure SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class FIREDRIVE & HOT ROD Complete" on EBAY