New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs

New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs

Monday, February 24th, 2014 12:03pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,413

Seibertron.com is proud to present four new additions to its celebrated galleries! Feast your eyes on the Takara Tomy versions of Generations Legends Megatron and Chop Shop, Optimus Prime and Roller, Bumblebee and Blazemaster, and Starscream and Waspinator - each featuring the usual Takara metallic paint, and shown off next to their Hasbro counterparts. Click on any of the images below to view the full galleries!

Generations Megatron

Generations Bumblebee

Generations Starscream

Generations Optimus Prime

Generations Waspinator

Generations Chop Shop

Generations Blazemaster

Generations Roller

This article was last modified on Monday, March 24th, 2014 1:18am CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1553239)
Posted by Blackstreak on February 24th, 2014 @ 12:53pm CST
Takara/Tomy does a way better job on their paint applications than Hasbro.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1553279)
Posted by Razieon on February 24th, 2014 @ 2:27pm CST
Takara/Tomy does a way better job on their paint applications than Hasbro.

Definitely, but they also cost a butt load more, which is unfortunate.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1553281)
Posted by Seibertron on February 24th, 2014 @ 2:31pm CST
I'd like to plead the other side of this about Hasbro versus Takara. While I like what Takara attempts to do, I find myself often being very frustrated with Takara's products over Hasbro. Most Hasbro products I can return if there is a problem. Takara Tomy products are another beast to deal with ... so paint chippings, paint flaking off while transforming these toys, paint scratches ... they're a large frustration when dealing with these products. Yah, they might look pretty. But what good does that do when you transform them and paint is coming off of them. I've had this gripe about Takara's products since Binaltech and I feel like the Hasbro figures are holding up better over time.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1553287)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on February 24th, 2014 @ 2:39pm CST
Agreed, my United gold bumblebee is case in point. He came out of the blister with gouges through the nice metallic paint because of where his shin panels sit on the feet. It means in vehicle mode you have a horiffic scratch through the front of the bonnet. They could have at least packaged him in vehicle mode.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1553289)
Posted by dragons on February 24th, 2014 @ 2:42pm CST
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1553304)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 24th, 2014 @ 4:33pm CST
dragons wrote:Hasbro megatron looks better mainly for for origin look evey other bot takra has the win I don't buy legends don't bother much
Hasbro Starscream also looks better since his deco matches the design that his toy was based on, whereas Takara's goes the uncreative route of just recycling the old slavish G1 deco.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1553428)
Posted by Optimizzy on February 25th, 2014 @ 8:48am CST
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1553459)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 25th, 2014 @ 10:25am CST
Optimizzy wrote:Honestly, I've never seen something made exclusive to Takara/Tomy that I just had to have. Same goes for these. The paint looks nice but really, but not for me. Which is what is usually the case. I've rarely seen anything exclusive to Japan that I thought I just HAD to have. I'm just not on the Takara/Tomy is better than Hasbro boat. While I see the paint apps are better, they are also not toys really. If the stickers come off and the paint chips for the prices they charge I don't want them. Of course, theses are geared towards the collectors market I'm guessing so that is a lot of it.
I guess, in this case, it would mostly depend on what sort of things you feel are must haves. We all have our differing views about "must haves", so what sort of things do you see as a must have?
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1553695)
Posted by SentinelA on February 26th, 2014 @ 11:19am CST
Why is it that there are no preoders for these :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1555833)
Posted by LordTwann on March 7th, 2014 @ 10:09am CST
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1555835)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 7th, 2014 @ 10:13am CST
LordTwann wrote:I've never picked up any if the takara variants since they're so much more expensive. But I'm trying to patiently wait for their variant on Skids. I think with what he's going for on eBay the Takara version will end up being cheaper and there's been no word on if there will be more of that wave coming.
If they ever do release Skids, that is. Thus far, the Japanese Generations lineup has gone from Sandstorm to Waspinator to Rhinox to the Mini-Con Assault Team to Armada Starscream, skipping over a bunch of figures Hasbro released and this isn't the first time this has happened (Takara skipped the FOC Wreckers, for instance).
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1556113)
Posted by LordTwann on March 8th, 2014 @ 7:30pm CST
I know, it stinks. But I can hope. Otherwise I just have to hope we get lucky and he ends up like Blaster and Grimlock last year and the finally put enough out in July/August.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1559610)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 23rd, 2014 @ 10:47pm CDT
The Seibertron.com camera has been busy at work, again, this time capturing some Japanese Generations goodness! These galleries feature Takara Tomy's War For Cybertron Soundwave, plus Fall Of Cybertron Blaster, Soundblaster and Soundwave, plus all of their Data Disc companions!

As always, we provide comparison pictures between the various US/Japanese versions, so you can see which one is right for you. The pictures below are your gateway to the full galleries, you can click on any under each heading to be taken to that figure's gallery.

So, without further ado, click away!

Transformers United Soundwave Cybertron Mode

Generations Ravage

Generations Steeljaw

Generations Rewind

Generations Eject

Generations Ramhorn

Generations Sunder

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1559619)
Posted by NassaDane on March 24th, 2014 @ 12:21am CDT
Man, I didn't know the japanese Soundwave looked so cool. I guess I'm happy with mine but he still looks real nice.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1559711)
Posted by shajaki on March 24th, 2014 @ 10:22am CDT
i have the first deluxe FOC soundwave. the paint job on the takara version is TO DIE for. i would recommend him to anyone. even at ebay prices, for people who dont even like soundwave, or dont even know what a transformer is.

however i wasnt aware how nice takaras voyager versions were. im just not a fan of the voyager mold, its just to big. and i really do give them props for attempting on the data discs, but ultimately they were a fail.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1560694)
Posted by Va'al on March 27th, 2014 @ 11:58am CDT
We have some more high quality toy galleries for you today, here at Seibertron.com! The latest addition sees Generations back in fashion, with two figures which are exclusive to BicCamera and Kojima stores in Japan - take a look at Fireblast Grimlock, a red and yellow redeco with green highlights of its Generations Voyager counterpart (and an homage to the Transformers Animated Fireblast Grimlock), and Thundercracker, a mostly blue repaint with metallic finishes of the Generations Deluxe Starscream mold. As always, click on any of the images below for the full galleries!

Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock

Transformers Generations Thundercracker

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1560718)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2014 @ 12:43pm CDT
Fireblast Grimlock is also a homage to Super Link Dinobot Magma-Type, especially in Dino Mode. 8)

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1560726)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:12pm CDT
Is it wrong I find the Animated figure the most attractive out of all those pictured?
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1560728)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:22pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Legends 2-Packs (1560739)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2014 @ 2:00pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I just can't help but walk away from a gallery of a Takara Transformer thinking "Hasbro, you cheap bastards!" Happens almost every single time. That Thundercracker looks amazing. I would love to get an entire Seeker set from Takara but I just can't stand what they did to Skywarp. 'Scream and T-Cracker look amazing but I'm not thrilled with 'Warp so the set would just bug me. While I may covet this version of Thundercracker, it isn't so far removed from the version I have that I can't live with mine but I do have to applaud this one. It's amazing.

While Takara Tomy has done some nice variations with Transformers than the Hasbro counterparts, I find myself preferring the Hasbro versions usually ... probably mostly because of cost. I own most Takara Transformers products that have been released since 2006. I find that the quality control problems that people experience with Hasbro's Transformers products happen just as often, if not more due to extra paint apps, with Takara products. There are a few exceptions from time-to-time on both sides of the fence, but when cost is taken into consideration, Hasbro usually wins hands down with me.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Class Steelbane" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Series Lot. Opened. Optimus Prime, Havoc, Wheelie, Skids and" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class SIDESWIPE Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Weaponizer Dragonus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers QUINTESSON DESEEUS Army Drone Netflix WFC Walmart Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY