Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 8:07pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 61,344

The Seibertron.com galleries has updated with some of the first Transformers Prime figures to hit the retail market. These are the TF Prime First Edition Voyager Class Hasbro Bulkhead and Takara Tomy Optimus Prime with Deluxe Class Takara Tomy Starscream and Takara Tomy Bumblebee. Some of these figures remain elusive to many collectors and if you don't have these figures in hand, then these galleries are the next best thing. Click on any picture below to see each characters' comprehensive gallery.

Bulkhead (Voyager Class - Hasbro)
Transformers Prime: First Edition

Optimus Prime (Voyager Class - Takara Tomy)
Transformers Prime: First Edition

Starscream (Deluxe Class - Takara Tomy)
Transformers Prime: First Edition

Bumblebee (Deluxe Class - Takara Tomy)
Transformers Prime: First Edition

This article was last modified on Friday, March 23rd, 2012 1:53pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361408)
Posted by mattwhite924 on March 22nd, 2012 @ 10:56pm CDT
I absolutely love First Edition Prime, it's too bad he never got a US release. I'd love to get Bulkhead too, but I just can't justify paying that much for him. Maybe one of these days I'll find him for a decent price.
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361416)
Posted by roBROmanceFTW on March 22nd, 2012 @ 11:34pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361418)
Posted by Blurrz on March 23rd, 2012 @ 12:47am CDT
roBROmanceFTW wrote:Confused??? What's with the slight variations in color? Is it a region thing...i.e. Canada/Asia??? :-?

Bright Finish = Takara
Dull Finish = Hasbro
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361433)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 23rd, 2012 @ 2:36am CDT

Also, for those who have FE Prime: Unscrew and remove his head. You'll notice it is not actually sitting on the ball joint of the neck. Snap it on (requires some force), then put it back together and you'll instantly have full range of motion from the head and neck.
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361434)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 23rd, 2012 @ 2:56am CDT
voyager prime wouldnt be that bad of a figure if they did some work on the chest, the proportions & the grey just kill it.
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361487)
Posted by DetoxRetox on March 23rd, 2012 @ 9:27am CDT
the more I see voyager FE Prime the more disappointed I get with my voyager RID Prime. :-(
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361556)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2012 @ 1:34pm CDT

I updated the news story to clarify that these were alternate versions of the figures. In the comparison shots in the news story, the Takara Tomy version is on the right hand side, with the exception of the Hasbro Bulkhead gallery where the Takara Tomy version is on the left hand side. I should have flipped the Bulkheads around in the comparison shots but oh well. Close enough!
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361557)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2012 @ 1:38pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Prime's holding his weapons wrong. To be show accurate (as shown below) they need to be to the side.

...

Thanks for the tips.

Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361563)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 23rd, 2012 @ 1:53pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Thanks for the tips.

No problem. I look back on my post, and to me, it seems like I worded it rather harshly. That was not my intention. My apologies.

Seibertron wrote:Wish someone had pointed that out with the gallery of Hasbro's FE Prime gallery. Oops. I'll keep the blade tip in mind next time I pull these out. I should have also done a few shots of Prime holding both guns and both blades. Hm ...

I'd love to get my hands on doubles of his weapons so he can be more complete. Sounds like a job for Shapeways!

Seibertron wrote:I can't believe what a difference the head mod makes. It really is just more or less sitting on the ball joint instead of being snapped on properly. I fixed both heads and took a couple of comparison shots.

Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361564)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2012 @ 1:54pm CDT
I'm updating the gallery right now. The head modification is newsworthy if it hasn't been posted before.
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361568)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 23rd, 2012 @ 2:02pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:...

Interesting, I will have to try this out myself.

Anybody else get stress marks on Bulkhead's chest where the hinge connects to the hood piece? :( I'm finding the green plastic really susceptible to stress marks. I keep hearing about this blow dryer trick but I'm so scared to use it on my Bulkhead.
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361575)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2012 @ 2:10pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I can't take credit for any of these. They were listed on TFW awhile back and I never got around to sharing them. I'm surprised these tidbits didn't get out to the people before this.

In their forums or in their news section?
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361596)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2012 @ 2:55pm CDT
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Autobot032, we found out about this fix for First Edition Optimus Prime's head. Apparently, the head is not properly snapped on to the ball joint. Here's how to fix it:

• Unscrew the back of the head
  • Separate the front and back halves of the head. Notice the back of the head is on the ball joint, but is not "snapped" on properly.
  • Snap the back of the head onto the ball joint. You will need to use a little pressure.
  • Reattach the front half of the face.
  • Screw the head back together

(As always, you should be careful when modifying your Transformers toys. We are not responsible if you follow these steps and somehow manage to cause damage to your figure.)

This modification will make Optimus' head look a little more proper. His chin is not as close to his neck as it was before plus he gains extra head movement that you would expect from a ball joint. He's now able to look up without his head popping off.

Apparently this fix has been talked about for a while on some forums. If the person who figured this out can step forward, I would be happy to update the news story accordingly to give proper credit for this.

Below are some pictures demonstrating the differences before and after the fix as well as some pictures demonstrating once again how bad ass this figure is. The images below click through to the full Seibertron.com gallery of the Takara Tomy version of Optimus Prime. Enjoy!

Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361620)
Posted by Mr_Wayne on March 23rd, 2012 @ 3:46pm CDT
Lol i just thought that was how the head was suppose to be. Thanks for the help
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361626)
Posted by ubertenorman on March 23rd, 2012 @ 4:23pm CDT
WOAH. Apparently that fix also makes his colors brighter ;)

Anyway, good to know! I always thought he just had a swivel....
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361629)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 23rd, 2012 @ 4:30pm CDT
One BAMF. 8)
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361639)
Posted by mattwhite924 on March 23rd, 2012 @ 5:05pm CDT
I just tried this, and it was pretty easy. His head works much better now.
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361640)
Posted by philtron3030 on March 23rd, 2012 @ 5:08pm CDT
Awesome tip thanks! Now I really need to get my hands on double weeps for prime

Weps*
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361655)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 23rd, 2012 @ 5:55pm CDT
just that one small thing can make an awesome toy better. thanks man!
Re: New Galleries: TF Prime First Edition Takara Tomy Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee and Hasbro Bulkhead (1361658)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 23rd, 2012 @ 6:00pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

In their forums or in their news section?

Forums.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... ut-90.html

Post #896

Poster name: Ishino

Quoted post:

Ishino wrote:One thing for anyone with FE Voyager Optimus.

The head isn't correctly assembled. There's a balljoint on the neck, and a socket in the head, but for some reason it's not inserted in there, it's just kind of wedged between the two halves of the head. If you unscrew the head and pop the ball into the socket, you'll find the neck articulation greatly increased. Also, the head will no longer push up the roof in truck mode, meaning you can push the roof down flush and it stays there.

There's all kinds of FE and PRID secrets in that thread. From the page I'm linking, onward.

And one I just found myself. PRID Ratchet's shoulders lock in place. They stop due to resistance, but I noticed a notch and sure enough, they lock in place.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Leader Class Soundwave & Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Wave 2 Acid Storm Toxic Terror RT T01" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS OPTIMUS PRIME & ROLLER, Thrilling 30 Legends 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY