New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack

New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010 8:33pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 63,914

It's one of the newest sets to be released in Asia and we've got it! From the Transformers Universe line from Takara comes the "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-pack which features new, subtle repaints of deluxe Henkei/Universe Galvatron, deluxe Henkei/Universe Cyclonus including his Targetmaster Nightstick, and a very colorful repaint of deluxe Henkei/Classics Rodimus (Hot Rod). For those of us in the Americas who were sad to hear that we're not getting this set at retail, these Seibertron.com galleries might just be the next best thing.

Rodimus

Galvatron

Cyclonus

Nightstick

This article was last modified on Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 2:01pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1127822)
Posted by Optimutt on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:42pm CDT
If anyone wants this, there's one near where I am. PM me if you're interested.
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1127831)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 22nd, 2010 @ 8:58pm CDT
Despite some of the odd color choices, this set has really grown on me. I may have to buy it, although I may sell Rodimus in the end.
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1127858)
Posted by Autobot Strider on September 22nd, 2010 @ 9:32pm CDT
I don't really like the colours used for Galvy, and I'm impartial to Rodimus, but I think that's the best paint job on the Cyclonus mold so far. The Universe one is great but it's a bit darker than his cartoon self, and the Henkei one is just way too light purple. I think that the colouration on this one is just right.
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1127949)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 23rd, 2010 @ 1:13am CDT
After looking at the comparison pictures of all the Rodimus molds I am worried this Rodimus might be too bright for the Protector Armor. I have the original but I wanted this one to be in the armor because of the damn painted windshield.
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1127974)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 23rd, 2010 @ 3:01am CDT
Oh wow, Cyclonus looks so evil! That light-piping really shines through. The silver-painted face really makes a difference too. Amazing. Hot Rod looks decent too. The duller grey face somehow makes him look less mustachio'd. Actually, in car mode, the colors, they burn. But I want him for bot mode. Shame about the nearly white shade of grey used on Megatron, and nearly complete lack of paint apps in tank mode. The only thing they got right is the red knees, too bad they can't be swapped onto another version. Oh well. I still really need to pick up this set.

Also, some really impressive poses in these galleries. Nice work, Seibs! :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1128059)
Posted by --B-- on September 23rd, 2010 @ 9:29am CDT
It's a shame this set is supposedly not getting sold in US retail, I would have picked it up for Cyclonus and Rodimus. It's nice, but I already have the molds and am not going to pay buku bucks for the set.
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1128082)
Posted by joevill on September 23rd, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
I really hope Hasbro releases this in the USA. Until then I'm going to mentally block this awesome set out. =;
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1128085)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 23rd, 2010 @ 10:06am CDT
Not a fan of this set.

Cyclonus looks alright, but Hot Rod's car mode is too bright. It looks like a knock- off.

Galvatron seems like a missed opportunity. If anything, they should have made him purple in tank mode too, instead of making him even more grey.
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1128145)
Posted by Mkall on September 23rd, 2010 @ 1:21pm CDT
Cyclonus will join the Armada
Galvatron will join the tanks
Rodimus will join the accessories in a bin.
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1128159)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 23rd, 2010 @ 2:04pm CDT
Inferior repaints of figures I already own.
Re: New Galleries: TF Universe "Challenge at Cybertron" 3-Pack (1128214)
Posted by craggy on September 23rd, 2010 @ 4:05pm CDT
looking at these in more detail, I may have to buy the reprolabels set for Hot Rod's chest, as the flame logo is too poorly defined. I'll see it in person to make sure first, but it looks so vague there. Other than that, I'm ok with him. Transparent blue instead of painted would have been nice, but still looks pretty good.

Galvatron looks as good as either of the others. I don't like the chrome on Henkei, or the dark grey. Universe version's not blue enough of a purple for me, and I like the vehicle mode on this one a bit more. My ideal one is a mix of all three, but this one's good enough looking. Shame it carries on the orange joints, those were much better on Henkei.

This version of Cyclonus always looks good. Universe had the toy colours and colour scheme down, but I like this one as a cartoon version and prefer that he's not as lightly hued as the Henkei version. Strange that, aside from Hot Rod's chest, these versions of the other two most closely resemble their G1 toys, whilst Cyclonus is more of a match for his animation model.

I don't have any of these molds, so looking forward to this set arriving.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Class Steelbane" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Mega Turbo Changer Dragonstorm C0934 15”" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Series Lot. Opened. Optimus Prime, Havoc, Wheelie, Skids and" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class SIDESWIPE Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Weaponizer Dragonus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers QUINTESSON DESEEUS Army Drone Netflix WFC Walmart Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY