Thursday, September 10th, 2015 2:22pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,968

Seibertron.com is proud to present the hottest, most anticipated release in the Transformers toy line... of 2009! It was still movie time, as Revenge of the Fallen was en route, and the 25th anniversary of the brand was hitting. So The Universe line re-presented some older Titanium Cybertron Heroes transforming figures under new names and decos, taking two Optimus Prime toys, and repurposing them as Hot Zone (definitely not Hot Spot) and a movie paintjob of War Within Optimus Prime. And the third gallery sees a Thundercracker body shared by a conehead, as Thrust takes over.

Check all of these Target exclusive releases from the past below, and click on any of the images to reach the full galleries!

Titanium Series Hot Zone

Transformers News: New Galleries: Titanium Series Target Exclusive Hot Zone, Thrust, and Optimus Prime

Titanium Series Optimus Prime (War Within - Movie Deco)

Titanium Series Thrust

Re: New Galleries: Titanium Series Target Exclusive Hot Zone, Thrust, and Optimus Prime (1725278)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2015 @ 3:51pm CDT
Ah, Titanium Hot Zone. A cool yet cruel reminder of two OTFCC "what-could-have-beens":

Re: New Galleries: Titanium Series Target Exclusive Hot Zone, Thrust, and Optimus Prime (1725281)
Posted by Emerje on September 10th, 2015 @ 4:24pm CDT

Emerje
Re: New Galleries: Titanium Series Target Exclusive Hot Zone, Thrust, and Optimus Prime (1725292)
Posted by dragons on September 10th, 2015 @ 5:16pm CDT
Emerje wrote:I only picked up Hot Zone of the three, I really like the mold and wish they had done it in yellow. I'm going to have to take him off the CHUG shelf soon, though.

Emerje

No fan of titanium series will admit figures look good
Re: New Galleries: Titanium Series Target Exclusive Hot Zone, Thrust, and Optimus Prime (1725320)
Posted by Overcracker on September 10th, 2015 @ 8:29pm CDT
dragons wrote:No fan of titanium series will admit figures look good

Looks were never the issue with this line:

And those 3 molds happen to be probably the best of the line. Along with the Fallen IMHO.
Re: New Galleries: Titanium Series Target Exclusive Hot Zone, Thrust, and Optimus Prime (1725484)
Posted by Seibertron on September 11th, 2015 @ 1:00pm CDT
I was never a fan of the Titanium figures, though I did like the Titanium Grimlock and Prowl. The rest were OK concepts but failed at the execution level.

The boxes for these items were photographed way back in April 2011 with the plans to do their galleries at a point not long after that. I never got back to them until earlier this year when I got my hands on Combiner Wars Hot Spot and realized that I really need to give him some love in the galleries. So I decided to do spend an afternoon on these 3 Target exclusives so that I could get them finished up finally. And then they sat on my computer for another 3 or months. I had a couple hours to work yesterday morning where I couldn't work on new galleries but had a chance to work on things already finished on my computer.

Long story short ... now these galleries are done at long last! I've got a few other oldie galleries that I'll be launching over the next week or two as well, some of which are relevant to upcoming releases!
Re: New Galleries: Titanium Series Target Exclusive Hot Zone, Thrust, and Optimus Prime (1725491)
Posted by ScottyP on September 11th, 2015 @ 1:11pm CDT
I remember being really annoyed when these came out that they didn't include the gray base plates that everything else in the line did. Now I just don't care, so I guess it worked out ok!

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus + Shockwave 6 figures included" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY