New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax

New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax

Saturday, July 2nd, 2016 8:23am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,778

We had the first taster of the new Transformers Titans Return toyline in the late Combiner Wars wave with Buzzsaw, but we now are proud to present the first full gallery of the new line: Deluxe Skullsmasher with Titan Master Grax!

An updated reimagining of the G1 Headmaster Skullcruncher, with his Nebulan, the figure has the crocodile alt-mode and robot mode adorned with the traditional green, pink and white deco, and Grax joins in the fun in both robot and head mode - as well as being compatible with other bodies in the line. Check out the full works by clicking on any image below, and keep your optics tuned for more galleries coming soon!

Titans Return Skullsmasher (190 images) - Deluxe Class

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Titans Return Grax (59 images) - Deluxe Class, Titan Masters

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Titans Return

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802670)
Posted by frogbat on July 2nd, 2016 @ 8:38am CDT
really like the look of this guy, great homage to the original (i never did own him unlike weird wolf and mind wipe so would just check him out in catalogue pics ) i have 2 complaints however - the hip balljoints seem to be a bit too big causing his legs to pop off during every transformation attempt. An I'm not quite sure why they used rubbery plastic for the pilot hatch.

great detailing round the croc's mouth and the tail pivot is cool tho
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802683)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on July 2nd, 2016 @ 9:30am CDT
He looks sooo awesome.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802691)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 2nd, 2016 @ 9:52am CDT

That aside though he looks fantastic.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802703)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 2nd, 2016 @ 10:45am CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Skullcruncher looks awesome! If I had one complaint it's that I really, REALLY wish the croc legs folded into the backs of the robot legs so they looked less hollow. Hopefully a third party or Shapeways guy will make a fix for that.

That aside though he looks fantastic.

Yeah, it is a pity they didn't do that; but he does look excellent, can't wait to get him and weirdwolf 8-)
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802704)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on July 2nd, 2016 @ 10:48am CDT
The detail on that head sculpt is superb. Really digging that tail sculpt too! Overall, this dude is looking great. The colors pop without looking obnoxious and both modes give solid designs.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802728)
Posted by Break on July 2nd, 2016 @ 12:30pm CDT

I am also thinking for the first time to buy a 2nd one to redecorate as Optimus Prime the Alligatorcon from the G1 cartoon episode.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802730)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 2nd, 2016 @ 12:35pm CDT
Break wrote:I owned the original Skullcrusher, but a friend stole it from my house (along with some other TFs and all my Transformer comics) when I went on vacation in 1987, and he got away with it, so I was happy to see this done. At BitCon I was disappointed to see how much smaller it was, but the poseability is definitely better. Aside from fear of losing the small head, I do like this and will probaqbly get it.

Do it, it'll be easy to buy the o/p head from the upcoming triple-changer ;)^

(he may even come with two heads, so it's an even better deal for you ;) )
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802741)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 2nd, 2016 @ 1:33pm CDT
Seriously? :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802772)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on July 2nd, 2016 @ 4:29pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Image
Seriously? :lol:

His croc (gator?) head is detached to fit him into the package. Still weird to call it out when it's just a simple ball joint.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802773)
Posted by Rainmaker on July 2nd, 2016 @ 4:57pm CDT
The head doesn't look that bad.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802832)
Posted by Emerje on July 2nd, 2016 @ 8:52pm CDT
Of all the figures announced so far this is the one I've been looking forward to the most. He was my first Headmaster, I got him for Easter back in '87 which basically made him my favorite. Still have him, too. I'm glad this one turned out so well, I can't wait to find him!

Emerje
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802941)
Posted by 1984forever on July 3rd, 2016 @ 10:16am CDT

That's what happened to pretty much my entire G1 collection too. A friend came over and stole almost all my TFs over a 3 day period by stuffing them in his book bag back in January of '89. When I found out I robbed him of his Triple Fat Goose trench coat and sent him running home in his t shirt. I got expelled for it, but my parents let me keep the coat. Not a bad trade for a 14yr old who wasn't interested in toys anymore :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1802946)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 3rd, 2016 @ 10:26am CDT
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:*snip*
Seriously? :lol:

Ah. For a second there I thought it was a case of legal disclaimers gone mad, like how a completely blank background is occasionally touted as a "fantasy scene".

Granted, it's still weird since the entire gimmick is popping heads on and off (and tails, in Skullcruncher's case).
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1803040)
Posted by malcontentman on July 3rd, 2016 @ 7:56pm CDT
I would definitely detail the head a little better:

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1803710)
Posted by Va'al on July 6th, 2016 @ 3:29pm CDT
As Titans Return keeps appearing all over retail worlds and after we posted Skullsmasher with Titan Master Grax, here at Seibertron.com we are happy to bring you another bot from the first wave of deluxe figures: Hardhead, with his Titan Master head partner Furos!

Another update to the G1 Headmaster of old, all the way from 1987, Hardhead is perhaps a little stockier than his predecessor, but overall carries across the same colour palette and scheme, plus his shoulder cannon and H-tank alt mode. You can see comparisons in the gallery, along with Furos (whom we know as Duros, of course. Check them out by clicking on any of the images below!

Titans Return Hardhead (159 images) - Deluxe Class

Titans Return Furos (62 images) - Deluxe Class, Titan Masters

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1803714)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 6th, 2016 @ 3:40pm CDT
Can't help but notice Furos lost a bit of his "ear." Not encouraging...
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1803726)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 6th, 2016 @ 5:38pm CDT

In general, the plastic is a bit softer than previous generations of transformers. But, the alternative is scratching/snapping as opposed to wearing down.

but they're still really fun, and if it's keeping the costs down (maybe?) then I'm all for it. What would be *really* interesting was if the Takara releases used a higher quality plastic (and I higher price). Since they tend to focus on quality and competing in a collector's market

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1803748)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 6th, 2016 @ 10:45pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Can't help but notice Furos lost a bit of his "ear." Not encouraging...

THAT is really worrying :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1803781)
Posted by william-james88 on July 7th, 2016 @ 6:51am CDT
Right after bringing you the Titans Return Hardhead gallery, Seibertron.com continues its Titans Return galleries with another bot from the first wave of deluxe figures: Blurr, with his Titan Master partner Hyperfire!

Unlike the other updates to the G1 Headmaster this is a different take on Blurr since this is the first time Blurr is a Headmaster. This doesn't stop the toy from also being the most faithful update to his original 1986 toy that we have gotten so far. It should also be remembered, that G1 Blurr did get a gimmick update one year later by being rereleased as a Targetmaster. His 1987 Targetmaster gun partner, Haywire, is partly homaged by his new Titan Master, Hyperfire.

Titans Return Blurr (161 images) - Deluxe Class

Titans Return Hyperfire (53 images) - Deluxe Class, Titan Masters

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Deluxe Skullsmasher with Grax (1803805)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on July 7th, 2016 @ 9:52am CDT
he looks almost exactly like his G1 toy in vehicle mode

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Breakaway Throttle" on EBAY