New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster

New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster

Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 12:02pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 29,350

Our offering today in terms of new toy galleries - a staple feature of Seiberton.com - is once more from the Transformers Titans Return line: Leader class Soundwave, with Titan Master Soundblaster! That's right, Soundblaster the clone/rebuild of Soundwave from the original cartoon series finds its way into the new toy line in the form of a Headmaster under a new name, though still sporting the blue and grey colours of the bigger robot. As for the Decepticon communications specialist himself, this being the Hasbro version we get yellow visor, and a general retool and redeco of the Blaster mold, complete with base mode, boombox/audio dock hybrid mode and compatibility with the Legends class figures. Check out a sample from the galleries below, and click on any of the images to view the full works!

Titans Return Soundwave (179 images) - Leader Class

Transformers News: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster

Titans Return Soundblaster (57 images) - Leader Class, Titan Masters

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822424)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:03pm CDT
Might have to put this guy on the backburner to potentially get
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822432)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:27pm CDT
Man, Soundwave looks good. I just found Ravage, Rumble and Lazerbeak today and my Soundwave should arrive tomorrow from BBTS with Tak Computron. What a great birthday weekend!
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822447)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 7th, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822450)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 7th, 2016 @ 1:15pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:I skipped Leader Class Starscream, but now that I have Leader Soundwave and Megatron, I'm wondering if I should reconsider just to have the trio in scale.

I would go for it. Having the main cons in leader scale would be pretty sweet... if you can afford it mind you, but still a cool concept
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822451)
Posted by Kurona on September 7th, 2016 @ 1:17pm CDT
It's basically budget Masterpiece.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822455)
Posted by Tyrannacon on September 7th, 2016 @ 1:31pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822459)
Posted by Kurona on September 7th, 2016 @ 1:37pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:This has just become a priority on my list to get along with Leader Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. The only thing I don't like about TR Soundwave is the yellow visor, but eh....details. Definitely a good looking TF.

You could always go Takara for the red visor.

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822461)
Posted by Tyrannacon on September 7th, 2016 @ 1:39pm CDT
I actually thought about that Kurona. Honestly part of me was thinking about doing a very low-tech solution with it and use a red sharpie on his visor instead. :D
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822478)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on September 7th, 2016 @ 1:50pm CDT
Or just wait for the Reprolabel set... :WHISTLE:
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822508)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 7th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CDT
Grrr, this is really making me want it, especially as I'll be trying to get the 3 upcoming spy tablets, man, I didn't want to get this guy :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822530)
Posted by MaverickPrime on September 7th, 2016 @ 3:26pm CDT
Also...coreect me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time we get a minion compatible Soundwave that does NOT include any minions at all? WFC didn't come with any either, but there weren't any made for him, even Prime Soundwave came with either Ravage or Laserbeak, even if they were simple.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822536)
Posted by Noideaforaname on September 7th, 2016 @ 3:46pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:Image

Operation: Brain Surgery

I kinda want the Headmaster because of how morbid it is (also, it's Mini-Soundwave!), but the rest of him is rather poofy-looking (which somehow doesn't look as bad on Blaster).
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822538)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 7th, 2016 @ 3:47pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:This really looks nice, but being on a budget, I'll probably just get Blaster, as this mold fits him more and I have the YOTG MP Soundwave.

wfc wasn't compatible if I remember correctly
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822544)
Posted by Tyrannacon on September 7th, 2016 @ 3:53pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

wfc wasn't compatible if I remember correctly

Yeah. WFC had no minions and wasn't compatible with any. I have FoC Soundwave (and minions) and he's kind of my "Generations" Soundwave stand-in for the moment. Not a bad size being a voyager and the minions are also nice to have too. Just he's a Cybertronian car instead of a stereo, but with fiddling he could be a Cybertronian stereo.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822545)
Posted by Kurona on September 7th, 2016 @ 3:55pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822548)
Posted by Tyrannacon on September 7th, 2016 @ 4:02pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Yeah, so far Voyager FoC Soundwave is easily the best CHUG Soundwave we have. He's the right size, he looks great, has good articulation... it's all good. And even though the minions are simple, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw still work very nicely.

Plus FIRRIB. Can't forget FIRRIB. :P

I do wish I could get Buzzsaw without getting Soundblaster though. But I do love how all of the minions are represented mostly.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822550)
Posted by Kurona on September 7th, 2016 @ 4:04pm CDT
Tyrannacon wrote:

Plus FIRRIB. Can't forget FIRRIB. :P

Eeeeh... I really don't like their Rumble or Frenzy. Or their Ravage, for that matter. They look a bit crap to me so I'd rather go with other versions.

I wish I could get Buzzsaw without getting Soundblaster too... mostly because I got Soundblaster and I lost Buzzsaw :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM:
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822584)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 7th, 2016 @ 5:40pm CDT
FoC Soundblaster is my generations Soundwave (and the reason I have no Laserbeak) and I was content to keep him like that, but then this gallery happened...
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822599)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 7th, 2016 @ 6:54pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Tyrannacon wrote:

Plus FIRRIB. Can't forget FIRRIB. :P

That was a big selling point for me with FoC Soundwave and Blaster. Being able to have a good lineup of their minions. It's a shame that autotransform gimmick wrecked their designs so much.

Admittedly, the designs for the bird and cat characters aren't great here but they're a little better. At least Laserbeak and Buzzsaw have feet this time.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Leader Soundwave with Soundblaster (1822686)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 7th, 2016 @ 10:42pm CDT
I pre-ordered the Takara version of Galvatron, appreciating the better attention to detail on the paint apps (silver painted face, red belt buckle, etc.) and hoping that the "soap" lavender color was just a function of stock photography with bad color correction. It was not the case. >.< I've since picked up the Hasbro version, and while the purple is a little too dark, and some of the nice red paint apps are missing, it still looks a lot closer to the cartoon for JUST the shade of purple used. I was going to attempt to kitbash the two, swapping some parts around to get some of the extra paint apps on Hasbro's Galvatron, but the construction is a bit more complicated than I had originally anticipated, necessitating disassembling the entire torso to switch the shoulder pads, for instance. Also, I can NOT get that weird little purple piece to come out of the top of the canon, even with the screw removed. I'm just settling for swapping the headmaster units for now, giving Hasbro's Galvatron a nice silver-painted face.

As for Leader Soundwave, he looks great, if still just a bit too big for my proper "Classics" display shelves. The FoC Voyager version from a few years ago will continue to fill the "neo G1" role. For his minions, I think the best Rumble and Frenzy are actually the recent Transformers Adventure release. They've got that great combination of G1 detail and general silhouette with an updated alt-mode. The new Titans Return versions look good, but the mold fits Blaster's humanoid cassette buddies much better. I'm not sure on Laserbeak and Buzzsaw yet. Their Titans Return versions are good, but I do like their data disks forms from FoC, and they actually work with that figure, which is still in my current display. Same goes for data disk Ratbat (I wonder if he will get a Titans Return update?). So far, nothing has really surpassed the Universe 2008 Ravage that came with Hound 8 years ago. Heck, every Classics iteration of him seems to get worse. I just can't get behind table-cat with butt wings.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY