New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign

New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign

Sunday, August 28th, 2016 12:52pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 30,275

It may still be Sunday, but we're getting a head start on the working week here at Seibertron.com, with our new addition to the numerous toy galleries on our site! Coinciding with the release of IDW Publishing's The Transformers #56 (out this Wednesday), we present you the voyager class Titans Return triple changing figure for Alpha Trion, along with its (space)ship mode, lion mode, robot mode and Titan Master Sovereign. As an added bonus, and for the purpose of comparisons, site owner Seibertron is also having some fun with older versions of the character - click on any of the images below to find out more in the galleries!

Titans Return Alpha Trion (151 images) - Voyager Class

Transformers News: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign

Titans Return Sovereign (32 images) - Titan Masters, Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819502)
Posted by Va'al on August 28th, 2016 @ 12:54pm CDT
Can we just...

Alpha Tryin'
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819506)
Posted by Evil Eye on August 28th, 2016 @ 1:00pm CDT
He looks pretty good. The robot mode kicks arse and the battleship mode is cool too- makes me think of a combination of Space Battleship Yamato and the SDF-1 Macross. The lion mode is a bit iffy though.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819510)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 28th, 2016 @ 1:15pm CDT
This guy is just so awesome
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819551)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 28th, 2016 @ 4:14pm CDT
Great gallery as always!

I feel like this Alpha Trion doesn't have as good as a beard game as he should though. He kind of was like the epic beard of the Autobots at least. Oh well.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819595)
Posted by bvzxa on August 28th, 2016 @ 8:45pm CDT
Titanium Saint which came out in 2014 is the best Alpha Trion plus his alt mode is pretty much the same as the voyager Alpha Trion...hmmm :-? :-? :-?

Image Image Image
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819617)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 28th, 2016 @ 10:42pm CDT
It still amazes me just how much red this figure uses when compared to the two BotCon figures. Looking at the cartoon (and that cartoon-based non-transformable figure), Alpha Trion originally had about an even amount of red and white/light gray, whilst having slightly more purple by comparison. Of the three transforming toys, I feel like the BotCon 2007 figure got the color distributions of the red, the purple, and the white/light gray the closest to being just about right. Though, that toy ended up representing the evil Alpha Trion in the long run, so make of that what you will.

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819765)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2016 @ 1:54pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Also, tis unfortunate to see no comparison pics between Sovereign and Beta Maxx (BotCon '07 A3's Mini-Con), what with Sovereign's robot mode being molded in homage to the Cybertron Safeguard mold.

Discovered the missing images while working on Astrotrain's gallery this morning. Those images were accidentally put in his folder instead of Alpha Trion's. Images have been moved to the correct folder and comparison pics are now up!

Transformers Titans Return Sovereign Gallery

Thanks for pointing this out, Sabrblade!
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819787)
Posted by Va'al on August 29th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CDT
After the latest addition to the Seibertron.com toy galleries (which you can find again over here) we have another Voyager triple changer from the Transformers Titans Return toyline ready for you to start the week in style: Astrotrain, with his Titan Master Darkmoon! Using the same mold as Sentinel Prime, Astrotrain has his space train, space ship, and space robot modes but with the traditional grey and purple deco, with dabs of red and yellow. Check out the images below, click on any to view the full galleries, and see what you think of this new version of a simple triple changer from 1985 - by letting us know in the Energon Pub!

Titans Return Astrotrain (167 images) - Voyager Class

Titans Return Darkmoon (34 images) - Titan Masters, Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819791)
Posted by william-james88 on August 29th, 2016 @ 2:25pm CDT
Am I the only one who just realized that he more grey than white?
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819793)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2016 @ 2:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Am I the only one who just realized that he more grey than white?

He's not white at all. He should be gray. The Takara "NASA" version was white and black instead of gray and purple, as were the subsequent reissues, and the Classics Astrotrain. The Henkei, e-Hobby, Generations, and G1 prototype versions of Astrotrain sported the darker gray (instead of light gray) and purple.

And for those of you following the comics, I updated Alpha Trion's gallery per the request of some of the Seibertron.com staff:

Transformers Titans Return Alpha Trion Gallery
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819801)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2016 @ 2:37pm CDT
I didn't think he was white.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819804)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 29th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CDT
I really look forward to Astrotrain. The whole of wave 2 is a gold mine for me
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819823)
Posted by Kurona on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:03pm CDT

Soooo I was considering Thrilling 30 Blitzwing instead but I was swithering on it due to the bad things I'd heard and wasn't sure on how he looks. But seeing him here next to Astrotrain really sells it for me; they look so good with each other and I think I'm all on board now :D
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819826)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:06pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Since the upcoming TR Megatron is my favourite figure of him (in terms of looks) so far I was going to use him as my classics Megatron. This did create a dilemma for me though since TR Blitzwing is, obviously, going to be a slight retool of him and hence they'd look too alike next to each other.

As an owner of said Blitzwing, it is a good figure. Yes it has its flaws, but I like it and it will be my Blitzwing.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819829)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:07pm CDT
If you follow the instructions you can find online to fix Blitzwing, he holds together amazingly well. I made the fixes to him when I first got him and have never had a problem with him since.
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819830)
Posted by Kurona on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:09pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819839)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:25pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I've heard differing things about the fixes; some people get em to work perfectly, for others it doesn't work out at all. In any case if it's just used for display purposes it shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah, he's not one I fiddle with a lot, and I am nervous about making modifications, so I really never have save for some sharpie on AoE figures
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819840)
Posted by steals_your_goats on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:27pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819846)
Posted by Agamemnon on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:38pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:Those purple panels near the front and back of the train mode should be flipped down. They have sculpted train wheels on them.

Indeed, I was going to point this out too. The galleries look so awesome, and I know they are a lot of work, so I didn't know how to gently suggest this. (Must be either my Minnesota nice or Catholic guilt coming out... :-s )

[edit] Looks like it was missed on Sentinel too.

One of the reasons I wanted the SDCC version was the painted gold (yellow) on all sets of wheels...
Re: New Galleries: Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion with Sovereign (1819847)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2016 @ 3:42pm CDT

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY