New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu

New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu

Monday, March 3rd, 2014 12:25pm CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,355

Seibertron.com is proud to present yet another installation of its world famous and viewed galleries. This time, it's time to scale down and take a look at Takara's blend of the BotShots and Transformers Go! lines: check out below the galleries for the Go! BeCool Samurai Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu! Each one is also made up of two previously released figures: Jinbu has the vehicle mode of Starscream but the head and chest from Powerglide; Kenzan uses the Barricade/Prowl mold but uses the hood/bumper from Mirage; Ganoh uses the vehicle mode of Sentinel Prime but the head and chest from Brawl. Additional Transformers Go! galleries are on their way, so make sure you check back throughout this week for more.

Transformers Go! Kenzan

Transformers News: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu

Transformers Go! Ganoh

Transformers Go! Jinbu

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1554726)
Posted by Seibertron on March 3rd, 2014 @ 12:31pm CST
It was fun hopping back on the Bot Shots bandwagon for these little guys. I forgot how much fun they were (and how easy it is to plow through their galleries). Bummer that they're a thing of the past now. Lots of potential with that line.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1554745)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 3rd, 2014 @ 2:07pm CST
I dunno why, but always liked when "one-off" characters appear in side lines like these. I guess in a weird way it makes them seem more valid as TF characters, like they belong to ALL Transformer lines instead of just their original, obscure Japan-only miniseries. If that makes any sense.
... or maybe it's just "hey I don't have to pay that much to get the new character!"

In a similar vein I kinda hope Windblade gets a second toy somewhere. A Kreon or Construct-Bot or whatever.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1554798)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on March 3rd, 2014 @ 7:18pm CST
These are so awesome. I didn't even know they existed
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555157)
Posted by Va'al on March 5th, 2014 @ 1:51am CST
We've seen them in their BotShot (or BeCool, rather) forms, but it's now time to take a look at the full sized samurai team! Seibertron.com is proud to present three new installments in its highly detailed galleries, featuring the Takara Transformers Go! Swordbot Samurai Team Kenzan, Ganoh and Jinbu, and their Micron partners! Click on any of the images below to view the whole gallery, each of which includes the combined form out of the three variations featuring the 'top' robot.

Transformers Go! Kenzan

Transformers Go! Ganoh

Transformers Go! Jinbu

Transformers Go! Zan

Transformers Go! Gan

Transformers Go! Jin

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555162)
Posted by Amelie on March 5th, 2014 @ 3:24am CST
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555280)
Posted by Seibertron on March 5th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CST
Amelie wrote:These look like fun toys. Ryan - after having these in hand, are they a lot better than originally thought?

Yes and no. I liked the individual robots more than I thought I would and the odd upper leg/lower torso areas didn't bother me quite as much once I had them in hand. Prior to owning them, I thought the pay off with these would be the combined modes which I found to be very disappointing. They stay together fairly well, but the limited poseability and frustrating combined mode transformations with Japanese instructions made the combined modes not enjoyable to me. The inability to turn the heads of the combined mode also was a big disappointment (though I knew this going in).

While I didn't put batteries in my figures, I was very impressed by the electronics of these guys from the YouTube videos that I watched. Very elaborate. Almost too much so for what these figures were.

They're some of my least favorite figures from the Transformers line. I would love to know more about the origins of these toys. As we've discussed on the Seibertron.com podcast, it seems like these figures were intended for another transforming toy line such as Brave. It is very obvious that a designer spent a crazy amount of time working on these but unfortunately they just didn't turn out that great in the end.

Ultimately, I'm just bummed that this is the best that they can come up with for Combiners. I don't understand why Combiners are such a difficult concept for Hasbro and Takara these days. Pretty much everything 1992 and on has been a disappointment for combiners.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555284)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2014 @ 12:58pm CST

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555287)
Posted by Seibertron on March 5th, 2014 @ 1:06pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:I feel it should be pointed out that, in the show at least, the combined weapon made by Kenzan's swords, Jinbu's longsword, and Ganoh's spear is only used by GoGanoh. GoKenzan uses Kenzan's two swords while GoJinbu uses Jinbu's longsword.

I feel it should be pointed out that that's not what the instructions show. They show all 3 using the combined weapon. I added Kenzan's swords to the combined weapon just because I thought it looked cool.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555289)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2014 @ 1:10pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

Interesting. Guess the show makers decided to do their own thing.

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555290)
Posted by Seibertron on March 5th, 2014 @ 1:16pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Now I wonder why they chose GoGanoh to be the lucky one of the three who got the special weapon. :-?

Maybe because Ganoh and GoGanoh are, in my opinion, the best of all of these figures. :D

Ganoh has the most traditional looking robot mode with the upper legs, kind of reminds me of a Bulkhead type figure. GoGanoh is also probably one of the best of the combiners as well.

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555311)
Posted by hinomars19 on March 5th, 2014 @ 3:05pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

Go Ganouh is the best of the 3 for look, except the spindly legs. For a really awesome combiner you need Ganoh as the top and the legs :D

How was GoGanoh for posing leg wise? The articulation is there, but I can't get him to stand at all...the joints in Jinbu are just so loose on mine he falls over due to the legs just turning and sprawling all over the place :-( Also, non of my combined modes can hold the weight of the shield because the arm joints are loose.

Also, the instructions show kenzan's weapons as part of the combined weapon. Although it feels quite clumsy. Honestly I wish Kenzan's swords were a lot bigger, too.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555360)
Posted by ZarenPRIME on March 5th, 2014 @ 6:40pm CST
i really like these. they look like so much fun. I need to order. Wonder if Hasbro will bring them here to the US? :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555364)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 5th, 2014 @ 6:53pm CST
ZarenPRIME wrote:I need to order. Wonder if Hasbro will bring them here to the US? :BOT:
Most unlikely.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555388)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 5th, 2014 @ 7:47pm CST
Ah, Officer Barbrady, Jimbo, and Hot Spice. We meet again.

The galleries seem to do them more justice than every other time I've seen them. Their combined modes still look disproportional.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1555430)
Posted by Emerje on March 5th, 2014 @ 11:14pm CST
The line is hit or miss, but I really like it as a whole. Of the seven Autobots I'd probably put Ganoh as #1, but Optimus Exprime would be a close #2 (no potty jokes, please :P). His train and bot modes are good, and if you ignore the instructions you can make a very good dragon mode out of him. The bottom of the list would be Sensuimaru. His bot mode is the worst (which is really saying something), his shark mode is like a sub shaped like a shard rather than a robot shark (the other two aren't a tank shaped like a lion or a jet shaped like a bird), and GoSensui has really weird forearms.

If I were to rank them It's probably be:

1) Ganoh
2) Optimus Exprime
3) Hishoumaru
4) Gekisoumaru
5) Kenzan
6) Jinbu
7) Sensuimaru

All of the Predacons are awesome, though.

Emerje
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1557911)
Posted by Va'al on March 16th, 2014 @ 10:58am CDT
As I resist the urge to make a joke along the lines of 'How to train your dragon', Seibertron.com is proud to present another Takara Transformers Go! gallery - get your triplechanging goodness in the images below, click on any of them to view the full galleries to check out the Micron Ex and Optimus ExPrime in all their garish glory!

Transformers Go! Optimus ExPrime

Transformers Go! Ex

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1557941)
Posted by craggy on March 16th, 2014 @ 1:13pm CDT
I still think those Go! Combiners look really good. I even like the weird Prime. I'd have them all at Hasbro prices, sadly with the cancellation of the 3-packs I had to pass on them.
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1557946)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
Va'al wrote:As I resist the urge to make a joke along the lines of 'How to train your dragon'...

Oye vey :roll:

I'm just in love with that toy, I'll probably never get a proper chance to get him. :sad:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1557948)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Oye vey :roll:

If you think that's bad, you should see our staff emails. The puns are endless. For example, when we were doing our Toy Fair coverage... "Toy Far CoverAge (of Extinction)". :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Galleries: Transformers Go! Samurai BeCool Kenzan, Ganoh, and Jinbu (1557950)
Posted by Va'al on March 16th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CDT
TILL ALL ARE PUN.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Nightbeat, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn Chase" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2016 Generations Titans Return BRAINSTORM & TESLOR Figure SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class FIREDRIVE & HOT ROD Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Kup MOCB" on EBAY